HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kimbru
GodmadeConscious

Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?! Empty
PostSubject: Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?!   Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 2:27 pm

Have you guys heard it?

horns 
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?!   Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 2:31 pm

Yes, it's beee-uuuu-tee-ful.  arr 
Back to top Go down
kimbru
GodmadeConscious

PostSubject: Re: Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?!   Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 2:49 pm

Sounds like he honed his high register in his voice alot better nowadays. He sings like that is the serpent is eating itself - I do remember a recording of filling empty holes where he sings in his high voice and its very shaky.
Not that that matters.
The man could sing my history book high n shaky n I would love it.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?!   Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 2:55 pm

lol  Damn sho could.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?!   Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 4:06 pm

In one interview he says something of the sort that he has better control on his voice now (he used different words, but that is what I understood). But this recording is old, his web page says 2004.

Talking about beautiful covers - I am obsessed with "Been Alone So Long"!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za3DdpPfnQQ
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?!   Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 4:12 pm

Yeah, he recorded it and didn't want it shared. I think it was for a friend's mom?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?!   Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 4:18 pm

It's hilarious he didn't want it shared, and now it is the only recording featured on his web site  lol2
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?!   Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 4:33 pm

I think he just didn't want it released until he was ready to release it.
Back to top Go down
kimbru
GodmadeConscious

PostSubject: Re: Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?!   Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 5:55 pm

2004 is a while ago. But that version of filling empty holes i heard was older than that. It be nice to hear dax sing Lonely river flow to the seaaa to the seaa lonely river wait for meeee

Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?!   Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?! I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 10:52 am

Iirc he initially didn't want it ever to be shared, because it was a birthday present for somebody close to him. But the person who maintains his website (forgot who that is) didn't know that and just put it up there without ill intent. He seems okay with it after all this time apparently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?!   Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dax covers are you lonesome tonight?!
Page 1 of 1