DAMN DIRTY HIPPY
noelle
HellfirE
FforFake
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:39 am

deadsouth wrote:
sonorandose, where at in NC?
new bern...and you?
Back to top Go down
thisotherkingdom

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:25 am

I'll say this, I don't think it was a spectacular album by any means...but sittin' around in the dark, smoking up and listening to it was pretty groovy. And that's pretty much what I'll have to do every time to enjoy it, I'm thinking. I don't see it getting thrown on when I'm driving around running errands on a Saturday afternoon and liking it nearly as much.
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:25 pm

Mine just came, I listened to it and love it. Yes, it's quite a bit different than any other work of his, but I love to see (and hear) when an artist takes a new direction. It's so ethereal, like you're in the middle of a night's worth of dusty dreams all somehow connected to one another. I'm excited to listen to it more, it definitely took me to a beautiful place.
Back to top Go down
Phool
Servant of Chaos
Phool

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:46 pm

It's ok, I guess. Maybe it'll grow on me.

I certainly don't understand why it took so long to put out a 30 something minute long album.
Back to top Go down
WorldDownfall

WorldDownfall

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:56 pm

Listened to it again and I like it even less. And I agree, Phool.
Back to top Go down
deadsouth

deadsouth

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:10 pm

sonorandose wrote:
deadsouth wrote:
sonorandose, where at in NC?
new bern...and you?

Wallburg

Didnt you go by another name at the circus? or am I thinking of another North Carolinian??
Back to top Go down
thisotherkingdom

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:37 pm

You guys act like Dax is the only artist around to put out a 30 minute album. Jesus. If you don't like it, that's all well and good, but shut the fuck up about the length already.
Back to top Go down
skully

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:07 pm

got it yesterday...
Back to top Go down
DeadDaisy

DeadDaisy

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:14 pm

I guess, I got it yesterday and today since another came in the Street Team envelope that I received today.
I'm not sure what I'll do with the second CD. hmm2
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:33 pm

DeadDaisy wrote:
I guess, I got it yesterday and today since another came in the Street Team envelope that I received today.
I'm not sure what I'll do with the second CD. hmm2
you should find a cool way to give it to someone on here. like, a contest or something
Back to top Go down
DAMN DIRTY HIPPY
Fucking the hole
in Kennedy's Head
DAMN DIRTY HIPPY

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:30 pm

thats a great idea.
Back to top Go down
DeadDaisy

DeadDaisy

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:02 am

Whoever sends me nudes will get the CD. thumbsup

Not really...
Back to top Go down
quiet_doom
a fine mess
quiet_doom

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:18 pm

im diggin' it...i love 'like moonlight'
Back to top Go down
skully

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:01 pm

ill probably never listen to it again, corny lyrics, cheesy music..
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:37 pm

There is always one. lol2
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:40 pm

skully wrote:
ill probably never listen to it again, corny lyrics, cheesy music..

we know that "We are the Night Sky" is your favorite album

Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:41 pm

I like that album....
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Is it the best versions of those songs? No.
Is it a nice collection of studio tracks? Yes.
Does my daughter love it and ask me to play it all the time? Yes.
Does that instantly make it good? Yes.
Back to top Go down
WorldDownfall

WorldDownfall

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:43 pm

I'll probably listen to it very rarely. I plain and simply do not like it. Doesn't make me think any less of Dax, so guys don't get your panties in a knot.. I wasn't expecting to be totally floored by this album.
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:46 pm

Draugr wrote:
There is always one. lol2
Yah seriously... :P
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:53 pm

WorldDownfall wrote:
I'll probably listen to it very rarely. I plain and simply do not like it. Doesn't make me think any less of Dax, so guys don't get your panties in a knot.. I wasn't expecting to be totally floored by this album.

well, as they say, you can't please everyone all the time
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:02 pm

true. As long as I like it.
lol2
Back to top Go down
Sicklysweet
Succubus
Sicklysweet

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:36 pm

Dax's stuff is always changing, the next album is bound to be different from this one. Everyone has their favorite style of his, has their own likes and dislikes when it comes to music in general. I like the feel of this one a lot more than I liked the last one, to be honest. And I liked WSOOBOL a lot. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
myster6

myster6

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:37 pm

To the people that don't like the new album...I didn't exactly love WSOOBOL when it first came out either. When I went back to it a couple months later it was the best music to my ears, and I think Say Goodnight will have the same effect on you. Just put it down for now.
Back to top Go down
deadsouth

deadsouth

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:42 am

Finally ended up on what.cd a few hours ago. Listening now.

And YES, I will be buy the album at the show at Cat's Cradle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say Goodnight to the World
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next