HellfirE
FforFake
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:20 pm

kimmie, i sent it. i don't want to register with megaupload, that takes too much effort ouch
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:39 pm

you dont have to register shrug
glad you could help her out though thumbsup
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:34 pm

WOWzers, SQUEE!!
how much do i love that????
thanks, mami! notworthy
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:36 pm

no problem!! i just love it to death. i prefer it over the album 1000000x

i also love the dude in the audience at the end, he's all "WALKING STICK FUCK YEAH" it cracks me up all the time
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:42 pm

HAHAHA! yeah, i lol'ed at that!!!
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:58 pm

though, to be fair.. if i had heard that live firsthand too i'd be all WALKING STICK FUCK YEAH too pearls
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:49 am

overall.. im diggin it.. though, there is a couple tracks that im not so fond of, yet. im sure they'll grow on me the more i listen.
i know some of you are gonna be like, what?! but, i like the studio sound of these songs more than the past live stuff.
Back to top Go down
parricc

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Cool cd. The only thing that disappointed me was the omission of Thirteen Cannot Be Divided.
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 4:55 pm

I like it more than I was thinking for a while that I would. It's got a nice chll vibe to it - even the faster paced stuff.
Can't say I prefer No One, Let Me Be, or even Sleeping to the first live versions... but Sleeping is close.
Back to top Go down
jomical

jomical

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:18 am

parricc wrote:
Cool cd. The only thing that disappointed me was the omission of Thirteen Cannot Be Divided.

yes

Forsaken was another one i'd have liked to seen on the track list.
Back to top Go down
tookep

tookep

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:21 pm

I am really diggin' the new record.

Very psychedelic and very much "proto-metal" (as described, perfectly, by Dax himself).

Is it me or does this record kinda harp back to Agents? Every now and then, it feels like that's what I'm listening to.
Back to top Go down
jomical

jomical

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:21 pm

tookep wrote:
Is it me or does this record kinda harp back to Agents? Every now and then, it feels like that's what I'm listening to.

my thoughts exactly. had a discussion about that with a friend at the houston show this past weekend.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:48 am

I think he's wishing 'My Heart Awakes Screaming" had made it on...he's been playing the hell outta it live. Great song.
Back to top Go down
FforFake

FforFake

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:34 pm

KimmieRae70 wrote:
I think he's wishing 'My Heart Awakes Screaming" had made it on...he's been playing the hell outta it live. Great song.

Heart Awake Screaming will be on the next record.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Is this going to be like Thing in a Jar which has been said will be on the last 3 albums? frankenstein
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:15 pm

HAH! and awesome Frank usage.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:17 pm

He is under appreciated...

I wish he would iTunes the studio version I would imagine he has. Also have him iTunes any and all studio outtakes for me if you could.
blunt
Back to top Go down
FforFake

FforFake

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 5:30 pm

Draugr wrote:
Is this going to be like Thing in a Jar which has been said will be on the last 3 albums?  frankenstein

I can't speak for the man down the road, but the  long conversation we had last week seemed that he was serious.
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:14 pm

FforFake wrote:
Draugr wrote:
Is this going to be like Thing in a Jar which has been said will be on the last 3 albums?  frankenstein

I can't speak for the man down the road, but the  long conversation we had last week seemed that he was serious.
horns

well i finally got to download the album today (i'm poor), i'll buy the actual CD when i'm at a show.

Well i have to say i think this is my favorite studio effort from Dax since If This Is Hell, Then I'm Lucky.  It kicks major ass, i love the production on it.  I did my usual pre-listen ritual that i do with all of my favorite artists, i listened to Blood Or Love in it's entirety yesterday, and today smoked alot of green and drank a little and popped it in.  I can't for his next one already! :)
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:46 pm

I love the Kiss The Sky .gif

I also love the fuck out of this album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 5:15 pm

I find that this album still holds up quite well. "Like Moonlight" is probably my current favorite.

Actually, the only Dax albums I can't really get into anymore are We Sing and Night Sky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:33 pm

dance
My copy of Say Goodnight to the World
Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 Saygoo10

eek  Totally signed by Dax ~

I love all songs on it.
Back to top Go down
quiet_doom
a fine mess
quiet_doom

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:45 am

bang
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say Goodnight to the World
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5