Pearls
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pearls
I believe in peace, bitch!
Pearls

Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour Empty
PostSubject: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 9:51 am

I WISH I HAD A CONCERT BUDDY TO TAKE A FREAKIN' ROAD TRIP WITH ME bangheadwall .

SEPTEMBER 2011

19th - The Palladium, Worcester, MA - USA
20th - Webster Theater, Hartford, CT - USA
21st - Webster Hall, New York, NY - USA
22nd - Webster Hall, New York, NY - USA
23rd - Trocadero, Philadelphia, PA - USA
26th - Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH - USA
27th - Expo Five, Louisville, KY - USA
28th - Cannery Ballroom, Nashville, TN - USA
29th - Amos' Southend, Charlotte, NC - USA
30th - Center Stage, Atlanta, GA - USA

OCTOBER 2011

1st - House of Blues, Lake Buena Vista, FL - USA
3rd - Warehouse Live, Houston, TX - USA
4th - Stubb's Waller Creek Amphitheater, Austin, TX - USA
5th - Granada Theater, Dallas, TX - USA
6th - The Beaumont Club, Kansas City, MO - USA
7th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN - USA
8th - Burton Cummings, Winnipeg, MB - CANADA
10th - Edmonton Events Centre, Edmonton, AB - CANADA
11th - MacEwan Hall Ballroom, Calgary, AB - CANADA
13th - Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, BC - CANADA
14th - Knitting Factory Concert House, Spokane, WA - USA
15th - Showbox SoDo, Seattle, WA - USA
16th - Roseland Theatre, Portland, OR - USA
18th - The Warfield, San Francisco, CA - USA
19th - Mayan Theatre, Los Angeles, CA - USA
20th - House of Blues, San Diego, CA - USA
21st - The Fox Theater, Pomona, CA - USA
22nd - Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ - USA
24th - The Complex, Salt Lake City, UT - USA
25th - Ogden Theatre, Denver, CO - USA
27th - The Rave, Milwaukee, WI - USA
28th - Vic Theatre, Chicago, IL - USA
29th - St. Andrews Hall, Detroit, MI - USA
30th - Guelph Concert Theatre, Guelph, ON - CANADA
31st - Mr Smalls Theatre, Millvale, PA - USA

NOVEMBER 2011

1st - Rams Head Live! - Baltimore, MD - USA
Back to top Go down
The Loach

The Loach

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Stoked, I've missed them every time for the last 8 years. Talk about bad luck.

But the tide is turning!
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:15 pm

New album comes out this fall as well. People have been saying there are only clean vocals on this one so...my fingers are crossed that I still dig it.

The artwork is...soooooo unlike prior albums facepalm .
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 3:15 pm

I will be going to this one

October 18th - The Warfield, San Francisco, CA - USA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:50 am

Sucks that the Detroit show is after the Rapture.
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Pearls wrote:
New album comes out this fall as well. People have been saying there are only clean vocals on this one so...my fingers are crossed that I still dig it.

The artwork is...soooooo unlike prior albums facepalm .

I'm not so worried about the vocals. I mean, I still like Dax's music after he went to all clean vocals. And I prefer Katatonia's all clean albums to their earlier stuff. Mikael's growling isn't what it used to be, anyway, and besides that, he has an awesome voice for clean vox. I just hope the songs on Heritage are more in the vein of Burden than The Throat of Winter.

Totally agree about the cover art...wtf??

As for the shows, this'll be the first time I'm ever seeing Katatonia, who I love! bang And it'll be the first time I'm seeing Opeth since the Royal Albert Hall show last year. Yep...that's a not so subtle brag. Every time I see myself on the dvd, I feel fuckin' famous! This time around, I'll be going to the Denver show, and maybe Phoenix, too. It's a long time out to plan for certain, though.
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:20 pm

I love his growling. I think he does have beautiful clean vocals as well but I don't want another Damnation album. A song or two like that is fine but not another full album of it. The songs where he mixes growls with clean vocals are the ones I usually love the best.

I hope you will make it to both Denver and AZ shows bang .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:26 pm

I love Damnation, but yeah, Opeth is at their best when there's a mixture.
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:49 am

Looks like I'll be catching the Atlanta show with my brother. Not sure why they're skipping New Orleans this go-round? scratch thumbsdown
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Fucking thank you! I can't believe they're gonna play at such a small ass venue! Omg....

Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:48 pm

This is going to be a great year..
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Opeth has released the first song off the Heritage album. Album release date is September 20, 2011.

The Devil's Orchard can be heard here:

http://stereogum.com/766792/opeth-the-devils-orchard-stereogum-premiere/franchises/haunting-the-chapel/
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Pearls wrote:
I love his growling. I think he does have beautiful clean vocals as well but I don't want another Damnation album. A song or two like that is fine but not another full album of it. The songs where he mixes growls with clean vocals are the ones I usually love the best.

I hope you will make it to both Denver and AZ shows bang .

amen! the reason i fell in love with Opeth was the first time i heard em, i was dead set there were 2 vocalists...found out it was just mike,blew my mind,and when he (growls,screams,what the fuck ever you wanna call it) ive been amazed at times cause hes not even trying! some dudes wish they could sound like that and they turn all red and veins bulge outta their neck, and still dont compare to mike.....if he gives up what hes been doing with his vocals all these years, i will go to sweden, find him, and choke the shit out of him! snooty not that this compares at all, but this reminds me of what happened with lamb of god. he doesnt sound like he used to and i HATE the way he sounds now, i dont know what the fuck hes doin, but its damn awful...(also, mastodon lost me when brent got on vocals....shit, tess might as well of took over for dax.....)
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:52 pm

i love opeth (mainly up to deliverance), not digging the new song much

huge katatonia fan, i really want to see them live
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:25 pm

This song was pretty decent...

and I'll see you October 27th!!!!!!!!
The Rave, Milwaukee, WI - USA
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:36 pm

The entire album is available for streaming at this link:

http://www.npr.org/2011/09/11/140288664/first-listen-opeth-heritage

I haven't listened to all of it yet. The things I have seen others post about it, who have listened to the entire album, have not been positive puppy dog eyes .
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 3:00 pm

I like it so far... and what does NPR know about good music.. lol
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:49 am

I'm not going to listen to it until I receive the cd in the mail. I knew it was going to be "cool" to hate on this album, so I'm not surprised about the reaction it's received so far. Maybe it really does suck --I don't know yet-- but I'm not going to let negative response influence my own opinion. Some people are just really resistant to change...I imagine Dax's fans are some of the best at embracing it(!) so I'll just wait and see what I think. Hopefully I'll be posting back here about how all the naysayers are wrong...this is by far the most anticipated album of the year for me (since Tool couldn't get it together in time to get something done for 2011) and it would be really disappointing if it sucks!
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:41 am

I really like it. horns
But I'm no hardcore Opeth fan.
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:20 pm

douse wrote:
i love opeth (mainly up to deliverance), not digging the new song much

huge katatonia fan, i really want to see them live

Use your vacation and take a mini road trip and to see them in Pennsylvania bang . I bought the tickets and I will be seeing them in Massachusetts on the 19th banrock .

Listening to the album again now. It will never be my favorite Opeth album but I don't hate it either. It didn't immediately grab me like some of the other albums have. It's a change. I'll still buy it when it gets released and it will suit me in a certain mood. I bet I can still crank out some nice hand made jewelry listening to these tracks pearls . Treadmill soundtrack for me? ...not so much.
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:46 am

The album continues to grow on me the more I listen.

I am now in love with I Feel the Dark ♥♥♥ .
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 6:28 pm

Alright, I've listened to Heritage a half dozen times or so now, and I think I can say both that it's a disappointment, and that I like it. Good album, but disappointing because I expect everything Opeth to be beyond great, not merely "good." This is coming from someone who was excited about the lack of growls, and who thinks Watershed is Opeth's second best album, next to Still Life. I was hoping for an album full of tracks as awesome as Burden. Didn't get it. The closest thing to that on this album might be Face In the Snow, one of the bonus tracks from the special edition.

The criticism really comes in the comparisons to previous Opeth, though. Comparing it to everything else...well it's pretty damn good, and growing on me every time I listen to it. For sure it's one of my favorite albums of the year, but in a year with no new Dax or Tool, well, Opeth should be at the tip top of that list, and I'm mad that they're not! Although who knows...I'm listening again as I write this, and it's sounding better and better...
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 8:58 pm

FYI to anyone planning on going to one of these shows, the set list when they played in Worcester, MA were songs with clean vocals only. Katatonia played for one hour and Opeth played for one and a half hours and then came out for one encore off the Heritage album. It was the first show on the tour so I don't know if they might mix it up at later shows or not. Acoustic guitars also made an appearance pearls .
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:48 pm

heritage is such a snooze fest Sleep
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:04 pm

FYI to anyone that was aware of Katatonia doing some special 2 hour solo shows along the way... the October 2 date in New Orleans has been canceled.

So many more dates left to go! I hope his vocals recover and hold up.

This is what their facebook page says:

The Hangar, New Orleans, LA cancelled
by Katatonia on Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 2:16pm
It is with great regret to inform you of the cancellation of our "20th anniversary" headline show at The Hangar in New Orleans, LA this coming Sunday October 2nd. The extensive touring without any break of late has caused Jonas vocal chords to act up and with so many shows still to go on our current tour supporting our friends in Opeth we would be risking cancelling many more shows if Jonas lost his voice entirely during this way more challenging 2+ hours double set. We humbly apologize to our fans who were planning to attend and we promise to make it up to you soon, hopefully sometime next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour   Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opeth and Katatonia North American Fall 2011 Tour
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next