mushroomleg
xionicpulse
douse
blacktea
8 posters
AuthorMessage
blacktea

the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs Empty
PostSubject: the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs   the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 8:25 pm

so any of you guys know what kinda books dax reads or have influenced his works?
over the years ive noticed a lot of references in books ive read and books people have recommended to me
i think there was a thread about this back on the old circus board but i cant remember...
it would be really cool to get a list of recommendations from dax himself somehow someday
here is what ive got so far (not saying any of it is true just what ive noticed)
- alan moore definitely an influence almost word for word in a few of the acid bath lyrics (pale thing in the darkest of places straight out of moore's run on swamp thing) and the overall weirdness and drug induced splendor of alan moore fits well.
- clive barker especially the great and secret show but probably a lot of other works as well, barker has written a shitload of books over the years and ive only read a handful of them
- this thomas ligotti guy has had to have been an influence of some sort i mean he wrote a book called songs of a dead dreamer (anyone ever read it? worth checking out?)
-hp lovecraft this guy doesnt really need any kind of introduction and his influence has been as far reaching as the noodly tentacles of shub niggurath

anyone got any more? i know reading books isnt exactly a cool or even common thing in this day and age but i know you folks have to at least be literate because youre posting on a message board and all for fucks sake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs   the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 10:31 pm

neil gaiman
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs   the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 11:12 pm

mike hunt
Back to top Go down
xionicpulse

xionicpulse

PostSubject: Re: the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs   the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 11:28 pm

..Kimmie-Kat knows of an author that wrote a book that was inspired by Dax..

..if she still frequents this forum. Which I'd be surprised if she -didn't-.

..n' while it was not technically 'inspired' by Dax, some early Poppy Z. Brite certainly 'reads' like Dax-lyrics.

..have Dax demos playing in the background whilst reading Lost Souls (n' to a lesser extent, 'Liquor') like I did, n' you'll "hear" the similarities.

..then again, I felt a little twinge the last time I watched Fox and the Hound, with Dax on the background speakers, so..meh.
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs   the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:52 am

mike Diana boiled angel
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs   the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:55 am

douse wrote:
mike hunt

:P 
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs   the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:56 am

He told me he reads a lot of comic books. No idea which ones.

Not helpful at all.  pearls 
Back to top Go down
quiet_doom
a fine mess
quiet_doom

PostSubject: Re: the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs   the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 12:19 pm

douse wrote:
mike hunt

lol
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

PostSubject: Re: the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs   the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 3:53 pm

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/interview-dax-riggs/6153391
Back to top Go down
Phool
Servant of Chaos
Phool

PostSubject: Re: the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs   the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 7:38 pm

He definitely read Omar Khayyam's Rubaiyat. Stole a good part of "Wither" from it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs   the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:08 pm

liatm wrote:
http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/interview-dax-riggs/6153391

A book about the Acid Bath days would be great, but how much does Dax really remember?  lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs   the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the dusty bookshelf of dax riggs
Page 1 of 1