Rahkoi
doctorthompson
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
doctorthompson

doctorthompson

Dax is not dead, just writing. Empty
PostSubject: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 2:00 pm

Ordered some stickers and a couple of posters I didn’t have yet and used that “Special instructions” area on the order to ask WTF?

This was written on the back of one of the stickers:

Dax is not dead, just writing. 8ac7df10
Back to top Go down
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 5:04 pm

He might be Deadboy, but he ain't dead, boy.
Back to top Go down
monkeyshine

monkeyshine

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 2:38 pm

Kinda disappointing...wish that note said RECORDING not writing...
Back to top Go down
fragile_waves_of_days

fragile_waves_of_days

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 3:22 pm

drunken this note
Back to top Go down
ComfortableDoom

ComfortableDoom

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Anyone have an update as to how Dax's writing is going? Finished any songs? Recorded any? Inquiring minds want to know!
Back to top Go down
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 12:23 pm

michealmoon wrote:
Talked to him earlier and finally got an update... he mentioned that he has 8 songs totally done and is working on the 2nd half now.. all brand new stuff... he also mentioned inspiration from Indian singing and early blues recordings...
Back to top Go down
ComfortableDoom

ComfortableDoom

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 1:20 pm

Rahkoi wrote:
michealmoon wrote:
Talked to him earlier and finally got an update... he mentioned that he has 8 songs totally done and is working on the 2nd half now.. all brand new stuff... he also mentioned inspiration from Indian singing and early blues recordings...

Great to hear! Thank for the update!
Back to top Go down
doctorthompson

doctorthompson

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 10:03 am

monkeyshine wrote:
Kinda disappointing...wish that note said RECORDING not writing...

Someone on Reddit posted a response they got from the same person, and she said that he has started recording.
Back to top Go down
caseybarlow

caseybarlow

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 7:39 am

I was asking myself the same question, "did he die?"

GOOD NEWS HES STILL TRUDGING ALONG THIS MISERABLE EARTH WITH US
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 5:30 pm

Never knew there was a Dax subreddit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 5:32 pm

Next year I'd love to see him here at the same place I saw Chelsea Wolfe and Lanegan this year.

Also, two records worth of material? face
Back to top Go down
kimbru
GodmadeConscious

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 3:06 pm

Good for him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 3:12 pm

Whoa, hey kim!
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 4:10 pm

yeahthat
Back to top Go down
TheGodDamnWizardry

TheGodDamnWizardry

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 2:21 pm

I read, somewhere recently, that dax is a new dad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 11:40 am

TheGodDamnWizardry wrote:

I wonder how many he's got now. Not to get into personal life, but I know of two.
Back to top Go down
monkeyshine

monkeyshine

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Supernaut wrote:
TheGodDamnWizardry wrote:

I wonder how many he's got now. Not to get into personal life, but I know of two.

Maybe he just needs a good babysitter so he can get back on the road. BD, PF or Fragile should hit him up so the rest of us could see some shows!
Back to top Go down
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 9:42 am

monkeyshine wrote:
Maybe he just needs a good babysitter so he can get back on the road. BD, PF or Fragile should hit him up so the rest of us could see some shows!

Allow me to answer on behalf of bd, pf and fragile:

Dax is not dead, just writing. Jcn

But hey, I have an idea! What if you, as a southern gentleman, volunteered babysitting time and then I'd take bd, pf and fragile to see a Dax show?

Now I don't know if you're good with kids or if you'd care to babysit them, but I'm just gonna assume you would  ;)

Dax is not dead, just writing. Tumblr_m8a0ajcH1S1qlh1s6o1_500
Back to top Go down
monkeyshine

monkeyshine

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 10:32 am

Real finny!
Plus, males don’t babysit.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 11:22 am

That's a great idea, rah. :D
Back to top Go down
monkeyshine

monkeyshine

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 9:33 am

Maybe he really is writing... Shooter Jennings talks about Dax in the article below. The Dax mention is right below the video.

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/country-musics-shooter-jennings-on-john-lennon-bob-dylan-and-nashville-vs-los-angeles-10665383

Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 2:38 pm

The plot thickens... by the tiniest amount. ^^
Back to top Go down
musick

musick

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2018 1:57 pm

He's writing in Lafayette. He's in no rush.
Back to top Go down
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 11:45 pm

I heard Dax was just selling his house and moving. Lots of stuff going on with that. He didn’t even have recording stuff set up or a place to make music. Maybe all of that has changed. “Someone” said that he had some stuff recorded that sounded “World changing” but nothing was really complete, but lots of ideas and snippets that sound great. Wish I could get a sneak peek to see where his head is at artistically these days.
Back to top Go down
monkeyshine

monkeyshine

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 8:31 pm

Ghost wrote:
I heard Dax was just selling his house and moving. Lots of stuff going on with that. He didn’t even have recording stuff set up or a place to make music. Maybe all of that has changed. “Someone” said that he had some stuff recorded that sounded “World changing”  but nothing was really complete, but lots of ideas and snippets that sound great. Wish I could get a sneak peek to see where his head is at artistically these days.

I heard he snuck into Mexico and is the lead singer in a mariachi band. Also heard he does a great cover of “Yellow rose of Texas” best mariachi song ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dax is not dead, just writing.   Dax is not dead, just writing. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dax is not dead, just writing.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next