gotiis
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Or Idiocracy. tard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:38 pm

beautiful downgrade wrote:
Supernaut wrote:
'cause his name's Dax.

This guy's name is Dax too and he's famous. :)

Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 707121f59a5bcfe17b7a6dbf1870438b

Oh, I completely erased that dude from my mind after watching the awful "Let's Go to Prison"
Back to top Go down
Dandelions

Dandelions

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:58 pm

Well, I sure as hell would like Dax to be popular enough so that he could play some venues over here in Europe side. Then us poor bastards over here could hear him live without breaking our necks to find a way into the States at the right time to make it to a Dax gig.

Back to top Go down
gotiis

gotiis

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 4:59 am

Dandelions wrote:
Well, I sure as hell would like Dax to be popular enough so that he could play some venues over here in Europe side. Then us poor bastards over here could hear him live without breaking our necks to find a way into the States at the right time to make it to a Dax gig.

I thought I had it bad, having to drive for a couple of hours. :(
Back to top Go down
blacktea

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:31 am

because hes still living
watch once dax dies itll be like nick drake all over again
mark my words boys and girls dax riggs songs will sell hydrogen-powered flying cars in the year 2055
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 2:14 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 3:26 pm

I honestly believe that he isn't famous because he chooses not to be.. and I respect that.. who wants the media up your ass 24/7?
Back to top Go down
ressha

ressha

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 3:36 pm

I don't why dax isn't famous. I know why n.g.j thinks he's not famous. and well, he kinda had a point.
Back to top Go down
blacktea

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:20 am

what was ngj's point?
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 5:41 am

ressha wrote:
I don't why dax isn't famous. I know why n.g.j thinks he's not famous. and well, he kinda had a point.

what did he think?
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:39 pm

doomtroll wrote:
I honestly believe that he isn't famous because he chooses not to be.. and I respect that.. who wants the media up your ass 24/7?
I agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Yeah, I'm a private person by nature and I'm sure he is at well. Having that kind of fame would drive me nuts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 7:00 pm

douse wrote:
ressha wrote:
what did he think?
because he was super slow at replying to ngj's emails
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:10 pm

When I get upset with mainstream music, I read YouTube comments to Dax's videos and my faith in humanity is restored. But I wish he were famous so that I knew of his music years ago. I first saw him in 2010 in Austin and then had a chance to listen to his officially released albums (I was splurging on a Rhapsody.com supsription at the time so I could listen to about anything and I found myself replaying dax and deadboy's albums nonstop for days and weeks while working).

Long story short, I go to YouTube and listen to the most amazing music and see that it has been uploaded years ago and barely has a few hundred or a few thousand views ?!

To make it even more weird, to see that some of that most amazing music has not even been released officially ?!

I miss the perks of enjoying famous musician's music such as hearing occasionally their songs on the radio and my random people usually knowing whom I am talking about.

But I also super enjoy the perks of a smaller-scale somewhat-local performer - 1. catching small shows where I can be front row without getting squashed too much, 2. seeing Dax just hanging before or after the show, 3, buying a CD from dax (wow!?) and getting an autograph, 4. a chance to talk to Dax (even though I am not able to say anything other than thank you and your music is great and other ramblings of the sort), 5. feeling really connected to these friends of mine who have heard of and enjoy his music, 6. feeling connected to anyone who can relate to a song such as Radiation Blues or Waking up Insane, and 7. most importantly, seeing Dax live (and maybe 8. verifying he is human is also pretty neat, but not a factor in enjoying the music lol ).

His music is so awesome that I know the world would be different if he were popular. notworthy

I love the Eastern motives in Dax music - I am from the Balkans and maybe that is yet another reason I connect so much to his music.
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:24 am

I first saw Dax at Voodoo Music Fest in 2007 and then at One eyed Jacks that same night. Since the first time I have been hooked like a drug. I saw him about 2 years ago in Madison WI and I have quite a few pics and videos that I would love to share on here. If anyone wants some pics that have never been seen before please send me your email and Ill send them to you. I was standing on the side of the stage 5 feet from him. Its funny how all the pics turned out except for the one of him and I, its super blurry haha.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:37 am

elysa, have you read this whole thread? I think it has some good opinions on why Dax isn't famous.

Mikey, we'd love to see the pics and videos. bang 
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 8:04 am

Ill work on them tonight. Send me an email address if anyone is interested. The audio is not great but they are worth a watch!! So happy I found this board. I feel like I've been homeless and finally found a place to crash.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 8:21 am

Elysa and Mikey, you'll see that you see "a bit more" of this place in a sec. ;)
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 8:34 am

Ooooohsss and Ahhhh's type of stuff? Ill have to wait and see I guess. Here is a link of my band in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 8:39 am

Also don't derail! :P (Except in that spam bot Kevin69somthing's thread)
Make new threads. They're good for you. thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:07 am

I read the whole thread, I guess the general opinion is Dax doesn't want to be famous and we like it that way, because he isn't obliged to conform to the expectations of producers or anyone. But wouldn't you like his music on the radio and mainstream trying to conform to his music and opinions yes
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:36 am

Well, I don't listen to the radio, I haven't for years, so that's pretty irrelevant to me. As for mainstream trying to conform to his music and opinions, that would never happen. I don't want to crush your hopes and dreams, but be realistic. You know that would not happen. Besides, Dax is unique. I wouldn't want to see some wanna be douche bags from the mainstream music business trying to be like him and completely fucking it up. We don't need more copies in the music business, we need more originality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:27 am

I understand, I'll keep on dreaming though. And about the copy-cats, I think more in terms of unique individuals who are lacking the music guidance to develop their talents due to mainstream crap music that they are bombarded with. Or unique individuals who are disillusioned with/crushed by the music industry and choose to not share their talent due to lack of venues and resources.

boohoo boohoo coffee coffee (cool emoticons)

Last edited by elysa on Thu May 15, 2014 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:48 am

I'd only wish he had the resources to come tour Europe. I crossed Brother Dege of my bucket list last night cheer , and I ain't seeing this come true with Dax. boohoo 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 5:08 pm

I'd like to see stuff like that on my fb wall:
Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 Test110

sunny dreaming ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is Dax not famous?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next