beautiful downgrade
gotiis
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
daydream disaster

daydream disaster

Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Here, here! horns
Back to top Go down
gotiis

gotiis

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:36 pm

I myself admit that if Dax was "popular" I would probably not have given his music a chance. Simply because I am the kind of person who likes music that everyone else looks past. My favorite band of all time is probably Led Zeppelin, but I dont enjoy stairway. I like songs like...in the light, no quarter, tea for one, the rover ect.

I just wish that Dax would take his place in history as one of the greatest singers of all time. When I hear other peoples opinions one who is the greatest singer of all time, I feel as if I'm surrounded by morons. (One time a guy told me, when hearing dax for the 1st time, that he was trying to copy Layne Staleys singing style. The fucking nerve of these ignorant assholes!)

Its kinda the same deal as Dimebag Darrell not being mentioned in the Rolling Stone greatest guitar players of all time. Reguardless of style or genre, again this is just my opinion, Dimebag was/is the best ever.

I dont wish stardom upon dax, I just wish he would get credit where credit is due.
Back to top Go down
parricc

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:54 pm

At the same time, everything is opinions, though. People like different things. We all have different tastes. When it comes down to it, we just like what we like because we like it. It doesn't make much sense to constantly compare artists or to place one as being the "greatest." If you're just looking at sheer technicality, I've met people that could run circles around Dimebag Darrell on guitar. One could say that Audie Pitre never did anything technically amazing on bass. But does that mean anything? The fact is, it doesn't. We listen to music because we love it. If something moves us, it has meaning to us and goes deep. Not everyone feels the same about the same music. At the same time, not everyone has had the same experiences either. I think it is extremely ignorant to keep one's head in the clouds by disqualifying the opinions of anyone who feels differently. If we get to that point, we start to forget what music is really about. I seriously doubt that Dax Riggs has ever played to be famous. I don't think it matters to him whether or not you like his music. He writes it because he loves it. It is true that some artists get lucky. A lot of people just had the right connections and happened to be in the right place at the right time. But how many artists are not at the right place at the right time? And how many choose not to share their music with anyone? We love to listen to what we love. And musicians do what they do because they love to play or write. That's all that really matters. That and the fact that Dax Riggs is not starving. That's always a plus too. :P
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:55 pm

am i the only one that gets the eye roll goin on when chicks talk about "how hot" dax is? its like pointing out that theres a full moon...we're well aware, it doesnt need to be pointed out, cause i know what a full moon looks like.....juuuust sayin.....
Back to top Go down
ComfortableDoom

ComfortableDoom

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Quite honestly, I don't thnk Dax wants to be famous. He is an artist in every true sense of the word. He creates his art becasue it's what he feels and isn't at all concerned with trends or with what's popular. I'm sure he's quite happy when people like and appreciate what he does but it clearly isn't what drives him. If it was, he would be one more in a long line of generic, dime-a-dozen artists out there on the radio that I try to avoid and I suspect most others on this board feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
quiet_doom
a fine mess
quiet_doom

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:24 pm

beautiful downgrade wrote:
If Dax was a super star how would the average fan capture moments like this?

Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 536624_2134680024469_1770120813_962989_1873855463_n

I saw this on Facebook uploaded by Amy Betz.

this pic is awesome I heart
Back to top Go down
daydream disaster

daydream disaster

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:43 pm

horns
Back to top Go down
gotiis

gotiis

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:48 pm

ah hah! I just read a Dax interview where he is talking about music he grew up listening to and why he was tired of Acid Bath...

"Somewhere in there, I got really tired of rehashing the same little things. I wanted to broaden and do more things. I wanted to write real songs, like a real song you’d hear from any world band. I wanted to be in the stature with dudes that can write great songs. I wanted to be part of that club. I wanted to make songs that move you and make you feel something, but still make something from where I come from."

In part this proves my point. Not that he wants to be famous, but that he wants to be acknowleged for being one of the best singer/songwriters EVER! Wake up world, and listen to Dax Riggs! I promise you wont hate it!
Back to top Go down
daydream disaster

daydream disaster

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:06 am

gotiis wrote:
ah hah! I just read a Dax interview where he is talking about music he grew up listening to and why he was tired of Acid Bath...

"Somewhere in there, I got really tired of rehashing the same little things. I wanted to broaden and do more things. I wanted to write real songs, like a real song you’d hear from any world band. I wanted to be in the stature with dudes that can write great songs. I wanted to be part of that club. I wanted to make songs that move you and make you feel something, but still make something from where I come from."

In part this proves my point. Not that he wants to be famous, but that he wants to be acknowleged for being one of the best singer/songwriters EVER! Wake up world, and listen to Dax Riggs! I promise you wont hate it!

That's what I've been saying! I go out of my way to expose people to his awesomness every day.... but, you win some, you lose some.
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:27 pm

I don't know if he wants to be that much more famous than he is. I think it would freak him out a little. It would probably freak me out.
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:48 am

Supernaut wrote:
Yeah, I guess Dax is to the chicks what PJ Harvey is to me.She isn't all that great looks wise, but there are things about her that make her really attractive to me.
PJ Harvey is hot and very talented! gives me hope for the chick musicians.
i think dax is very good looking, always did. and his voice just blows me away. i wish he wouild get more press and respect though. i want him to be as big as he can be. he deserves it.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:30 am

the "big" as he is now is the biggest he will ever get
Back to top Go down
phantom_fingers

phantom_fingers

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 5:28 am

'We think caged birds sing when indeed they cry.'

That quote springs to mind when I think about someone who possesses an otherworldy artistic gift and yet is not outrageously famous. Fame is more often than not counterproductive to creative souls. And what is fame but a gilded cage?
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:31 am

Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 Kanecl10
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:27 pm

dax doesn't follow direction well enough to be famous, he walks to the beat of his own drum.
Back to top Go down
gotiis

gotiis

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:09 am

Draugr wrote:
dax doesn't follow direction well enough to be famous, he walks to the beat of his own drum.

So did Michaelangelo
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:50 am

gotiis wrote:
Draugr wrote:

So did Michaelangelo

And look where it got him. He's dead.

Last edited by Doomchild on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 4:37 am

exactly
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 4:37 am

lol2
Back to top Go down
gotiis

gotiis

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:07 pm

Yes, dead at the age of 88 in the 1500s, and world renown for his trade for the past couple hundred years. Just as after acid bath was disbanded, everyone was a fan. I too would like to see Dax appreciated for what he does better than anyone else whilst hes still alive.

I dont wish Dax to compromise the fucked up morals which makes him and his music who and what they are today. My problem is with the rest of the world (mainly people NOT on this board) who have never experienced the divinity of the singing/songwriting of one Sir Dax Riggs! I guess I should just be thankfull that I am one of the lucky ones whose life was made better by his music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:05 pm

'cause his name's Dax.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:16 pm

dax should cover every rose has its thorn, that would bring him some popularity
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Supernaut wrote:
'cause his name's Dax.

This guy's name is Dax too and he's famous. :)

Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 707121f59a5bcfe17b7a6dbf1870438b
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Where's God when shit goes down? - ICP

Flushing the toilet?
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:25 pm

beautiful downgrade wrote:
Supernaut wrote:
'cause his name's Dax.

This guy's name is Dax too and he's famous. :)

Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 707121f59a5bcfe17b7a6dbf1870438b

yeah, great acting on dude wheres my car
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is Dax not famous?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next