beautiful downgrade
gotiis
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
gotiis

gotiis

Why is Dax not famous? Empty
PostSubject: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 4:42 am

For starters, you dont have to be gay to know a good lookn dude when u see one. Chicks love the dude, and if u wanna make it in this world, get the girls behind ya. Everyone with any sense knows they control the $$$.

Second, I dont need to tell anyone on this board, the guy has a voice like a fucking angel. And on top of that, he can write some damn good, slightly evil, lyrics. Which is probably why most metalheads like him and his tunes. Hell, it aint black metal, anyone could listen to dax and love his music.
I get damn sick of hanging out with a "new" friend and hearing, "listen to this dude, he's a great singer" and the whole time, I'm waiting for the shitty song to end so I can say, "he aint got shit on Dax Riggs." To which they ALWAYS reply, "who is Dax Riggs?"

Third, I know someone is gonna use the whole "underground" excuse. When I was a little younger, I was all about the underground shit too. But as I get older I think, since when is being successfull a bad thing? Im sure even Dax Riggs would love to not have to worry about rent money anymore.
And like I said before, Dax has more talent than 150% of the fags on MTV. Sometimes when I flip thru the channels, I come across a singing show like "the voice" and think, "I would give both my balls to see Dax walk out on stage and blow the whole fucking world away."

Enough of my rambling, GIVE ME SOME OPINIONS PEOPLE!!!
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:26 am

I get what you're saying about listening to something and thinking Dax is a better singer. I'll hear a song and I'm thinking the whole time that Dax would kill this song.

I think he's not famous because he wants to do what he wants and make the music he wants to make. He doesn't want anyone promoting his music telling him he has to do it this way, or change his music.

I love what he is doing and I love that every time I go to his show it's a small venue without tons of people.

He told me once that he wants people to feel his music in their soul and he feels like his fans are his family and we're all connected. I think with big production and people changing his music for the sake of being famous and making big bucks it would lose that feeling of kinship that his fans feel with him and each other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:28 am

thumbsup
...too heavy for the general public to carry around sunny

Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:15 pm

You'd give both of your balls to see Dax perform on the Voice?
Back to top Go down
gotiis

gotiis

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Sure, I got a son. And one is enough. Dont really need em anymore. I just meant, I hate how the crowd cheers for singers that suck.

I've never met Dax, or seen him live, but i'm still just as passionate of a fan as the rest of you.

I mean, the guy is so unpopular, I have to break my neck just to find a decent Dax t-shirt online. But if discretion is what the guy wants, I will respect his wishes. :x

It just bothers me that his name isnt among the elite such as layne staley, jim morrison, chris cornell, maynard james keenan & freddy murcury.

And all dax fans know it should be! notworthy
Back to top Go down
mousepoo

mousepoo

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Dax is talented in an unpopular way. He is able to sing off key notes, and do it amazingly well. Most people cannot do that. It's easy to play a musical instrument and play off key and make it sound good, he does it both with guitar and voice. It fits his haunting lyrics and melodies.
Dax Riggs is relatively famous. His music is for his fans, not geared toward money.

And, I disagree with the good looking comment. I don't find him attractive, and most of my friends agree. But his voice and talent is enough. Most females go for looks, only some are attracted to talent, personality, etc,. There are tons of people in the world who can sing and sing well, but not all of those singers have good voices. Dax does.
You can tell his music comes from the primal creative force of the universe, he doesn't force it out... it forces it's own way out of his soul. If he were mainstream type famous, his music would be forced and rushed, and it wouldn't be the Dax we love.
Back to top Go down
gotiis

gotiis

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Im just saying, in my area of the world, trying to promote Dax Riggs' name for the good of musical knowlege, is like trying to promote ralph nader for president. But at least people have heard of ralph nader.
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:37 am

People can't handle godlike shit...that's why justin beiber is popular/famous.....dax is too much for the masses....and we are blessed....dont need that man famous....
Back to top Go down
daydream disaster

daydream disaster

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:25 pm

I didn't think he was attractive at first... then I heard his voice and listened to his amazing lyrics and now I think he may be the most beautiful and sexy man alive! I even have a picture of him on my phone, so I can look at his gorgeous face (and amazing mouth) all the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Yeah, I guess Dax is to the chicks what PJ Harvey is to me.She isn't all that great looks wise, but there are things about her that make her really attractive to me.
Back to top Go down
daydream disaster

daydream disaster

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Supernaut wrote:
Yeah, I guess Dax is to the chicks what PJ Harvey is to me.She isn't all that great looks wise, but there are things about her that make her really attractive to me.

PJ Harvey is super hot! She needs to gain 15lbs, but she's still really beautiful!
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 8:27 am

Here in Belgium we have a national alternative radio station (Studio Brussel) and I've been playing with this idea for years to give them some insight into the magic that is Dax Riggs. So last week I finally did. I sent them a short biography + 13 YouTube links covering Dax' career from Acid Bath to the latest album. Had a pretty hard time choosing which songs to send, but I picked these:

Acid Bath - Scream Of The Butterfly (When The Kits String Pops)
Acid Bath - Dead Girl (Paegan Terrorism Tactics)
Agents Of Oblivion - Big Black Backwards (Agents Of Oblivion)
Agents Of Oblivion - House Of The Rising Sun (live)
Deadboy & The Elephantmen - Strange Television (If This Is Hell Then I'm Lucky)
Dax (solo) - Tower Of Song (Electric Comoland Demo)
Dax (solo) - Over The Rainbow (live)
Dax (solo) - Grand Dark Feeling Of Emptiness (live)
Deadboy & The Elephantmen - Dressed In Smoke (We Are Night Sky)
Dax Riggs (band) - Night Is The Notion (We Sing Of Only Blood Or Love)
Dax Riggs (band) - Lungs (live)
Dax Riggs (band) - Let Me Be Your Cigarette (Say Goodnight To The World)
Dax Riggs (band) - Death Don't Have No Mercy (Daytrotter session)

They haven't replied yet and I doubt they will. Maybe the message will get through if I send them an email every week ...
Back to top Go down
daydream disaster

daydream disaster

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Sickure, that is awesome! I have thought about sending something to a radio station here, but I never listen to the radio. I don't know which station to hit up!
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 5:44 pm

because he looks like booger

Why is Dax not famous? Booger
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Makes me think of rozencrantz. Wonder what he's up to these days.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:21 am

beautiful downgrade wrote:
Makes me think of rozencrantz. Wonder what he's up to these days.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:03 pm

If Dax was a super star how would the average fan capture moments like this?

Why is Dax not famous? 536624_2134680024469_1770120813_962989_1873855463_n

I saw this on Facebook uploaded by Amy Betz.
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:26 pm

Classic pic horns

I want that skull man !
Back to top Go down
daydream disaster

daydream disaster

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:26 am

I want it too!!! I heart
Back to top Go down
mousepoo

mousepoo

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 7:02 pm

douse wrote:
because he looks like booger

Why is Dax not famous? Booger

Omg yes!
Back to top Go down
daydream disaster

daydream disaster

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:57 pm

I'm afraid I don't see it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 8:48 am

lol
Back to top Go down
parricc

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:32 am

Dax is amazing. But, I do think there would be a little less magic if he was famous. It's just so interesting how deeply rooted his music is with everything around him, yet while still maintaining a complete uniqueness that has never been touched even remotely by anyone else. It's something to really be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Song

Song

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:49 pm

1) Every album he releases is a different genre with a different sound.

2) When he tours he only plays songs from whatever album is most recent (with a few exceptions).

3) Really? Have you heard the shit that people listen to? Just turn on a radio. Any radio. Are you really going to convince the same people who listen to whatever shit rock music is popular today to listen to Dax? No. You're not. Because none of those people give a fuck about music. All they wanna hear is something that reminds them of how much self-pity they have or how much they wanna fuck something. Dax transcends all that bullshit and thus will never be accepted by today's mainstream crowd.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:02 pm

This thread is full of great reasons why Dax isn't famous. I hope that clears it up for you. :)

We love Dax just the way he is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Dax not famous?   Why is Dax not famous? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is Dax not famous?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next