the music of Dax Riggs and more

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?

Go down 
+29
Mortality
quiet_doom
deadsouth
ATW
scaredsquee
mamamoonie
DAMN DIRTY HIPPY
cosmicfreakout
thisotherkingdom
Darth Paul
MelancholyVGS311
Adolf Oliver Nipple
DeadDaisy
Draugr
BrentVegas
blackwizard
doomtroll
Swampy
beautiful downgrade
myster6
beercan
monicahebert
Sicklysweet
noelle
optimistic-pessimist
HellfirE
Phool
Doomchild
newdeathsensation
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
newdeathsensation

hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? Empty
PostSubject: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 5:44 am

well?
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:23 am

Still waiting for it's arrival. But I ordered only yesterday, so...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:11 am

ours hasn't arrived yet either. i do like what i've heard so far.
and all the live tracks sound great as always
Back to top Go down
Phool
Servant of Chaos
Phool

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:44 am

It's pretty good. It's growing on me the more I listen to it. But it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too short.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:01 am

Again? no

Haha! The riders are cool. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:43 am

cant order the album for another week or so.. broke as a joke right now..
ive liked everything ive heard so far.

does the cover look like this?
hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? SayGoodnightToTheWorld
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:09 am

yes
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:25 am

cool.. need to update the myspace page with it then.
Back to top Go down
Phool
Servant of Chaos
Phool

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:14 am

Doomchild wrote:
Again? no

Haha! The riders are cool. thumbsup

Four Horsemen of the Phoolpocalypse!!

The cd is only 37 minutes or so long.
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:27 am

I like the inside better than the outside of the sleeve.

hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? Dax-ne10

Gah... it was hard not posting pictures and lyrics back in June when I first saw it.
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:37 am

Aaah, I want it in front of me! What a tease! :P
Back to top Go down
Sicklysweet
Succubus
Sicklysweet

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:51 am

I didn't preorder because every time I tried, the page would error before checkout. So i'm going to see if they have it at the Frisco show, if not i'll buy it afterwards.
Back to top Go down
monicahebert

monicahebert

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:25 pm

I am waiting on my mail as we speak. Can't wait! ;)
Back to top Go down
beercan
Blackness in my Blues
beercan

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:54 pm

Preordered, but not yet received.

Back to top Go down
myster6

myster6

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:21 pm

LOVE Heartbreak Hotel!!!! Great album...but I can see many fans having a problem at first because Dax doesn't exactly belt out his golden voice as much on this one. It's very mellow, but it will take some getting used to.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:38 pm

We got ours today but I'm waiting fir Marsh to get home before I open it. banana
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:19 pm

beautiful downgrade wrote:
We got ours today but I'm waiting fir Marsh to get home before I open it. banana
well thats nice of you.. i wouldve already ripped that sucker open and started jamming
Back to top Go down
Swampy
Into the Oven
Swampy

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:39 pm

I'm going to order my copy as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:45 pm

soon.....very soon....I did not order it online, but through my local music store (They are to awesome NOT to support) and should be in next week.....
Back to top Go down
blackwizard

blackwizard

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:06 am

what are the odds of being able to pick this up on vinyl at the show this saturday? is it even being released on vinyl?
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:20 am

After three full listens, my first impressions are very positive. It's interesting in that unlike on the past albums, the songs on here don't seem written just for Dax to show off his voice and range. I'm used to Dax having a slow buildup and then an explosion where he really unleashes his voice, but that doesn't really happen much on this album. These are all just initial opinions, of course, but I think the songwriting is generally better than on Blood or Love, and that makes up a lot for the lack of "vocal explosions." It'll take a few more days of listening to figure out how I feel about the flow of the album, and for various other opinions to take hold.

Basically, so far so good. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 8:30 am

We both really like it. I like the mellowness of it, very soothing. I wish it was longer though. Shall have many many listens. horns
Back to top Go down
monicahebert

monicahebert

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:16 pm

i agree. i just got it, only listened to it once and it is very soothing. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:19 pm

It is perfect when driving at night on a lonely road with no cars coming or going.
Back to top Go down
myster6

myster6

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:37 pm

devilmatt wrote:
It is perfect when driving at night on a lonely road with no cars coming or going.

I could see that. It's not the album I would use to introduce somebody to Dax. I think all the tracks are great except Born To Be My Gallows. I'm thinking if I go see him play this stuff live, I'll have an even greater opinion of the album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next