cosmicfreakout
PaEGaN
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PaEGaN

PaEGaN

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:52 pm

i looked for a topic already but didn't see one, did anyone else buy this? i wasn't going to open mine but for some reason i just decided to, the image on the disk is 3D like the Tool ÆNIMA Cover
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:34 am

i didn't buy the remaster but now i wish i did, that's cool it's 3D horns the remaster was vinyl only right?
Back to top Go down
PaEGaN

PaEGaN

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 6:35 am

no, i got the vinyl and cd, i have only opened the cd. the cd itself is 3D
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:00 am

It took me a minute to get what you were talking about since your username is Paegan. lol2
Do you have any pics of the disc?
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:03 pm

yes, pics please!
Back to top Go down
PaEGaN

PaEGaN

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 6:20 pm

i forgot to mention in the first post, pretty obvious now but different image too

hard to see the depth with a picture but looks pretty cool, too bad dax doesn't get money from this.

anyone open the vinyl? anything worth noting about it or kitestring, i dont want to open mine

Paegan Remastered Imag0110
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:01 pm

sweeeet
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:03 am

fuck yeah
Back to top Go down
deadsouth

deadsouth

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:07 am

Can someone send me this please? I am to poor to buy it right now...
Back to top Go down
blacktea

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:41 am

finally on vinyl
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:48 am

the vinyl sounds like total shit to me... i think rotten ron's idea of "remastered" is a little different. i was very disappointed when i put it on my turntable...
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:57 am

really! wow. maybe he didn't do shit to it...
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:00 am

KimmieRae70 wrote:
really! wow. maybe he didn't do shit to it...

So you're saying the original Paegan sounded like total shit? hmm2
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:05 am

HAH! ya know, I really don't...I don't tend to love a slick production..I like it raw and messy...are you even allowed to call something 'remastered' if you don't 'remaser' it? I swear, that Ron... no smh
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:30 pm

ron is a champ.
Back to top Go down
blacktea

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:18 pm

i think thats a 'u' not an 'a' ya meant in there hahaha
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 12:13 am

lol2
Back to top Go down
whitewhaleholygrail

whitewhaleholygrail

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 9:48 pm

nice review of the re-release on metalreview.com

http://www.metalreview.com/reviews/5840/acid-bath-paegan-terrorism-tactics-%28reissue%29
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:17 am

KimmieRae70 wrote:
HAH! ya know, I really don't...I don't tend to love a slick production..I like it raw and messy...
You're not alone:

http://www.hellridemusicforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=23108

This is only a small quote:
Acid Bath – Paegan Terrorism Tactics Remastered (Rotten Records)
By Jay Snyder

Quote :
As for the original production on Paegan Terrorism Tactics; it was murky and a bit regressed from the band’s debut. BUT, it worked fine. It lent a creepier than thou atmosphere to what the band was accomplishing throughout. These songs were born and bred to wallow in a mix job filled with flies n’ lice. The album sounded like it was recorded in a cabin on the edge of the swamp, and that the mixing was done below the bayou waters by Satan himself. Unrefined? Yes, in a way. Lacking clarity and character? Fuck no. So leave it to Rotten Records to “clean” things up, brighten the mix, and really take away the layer of blackness that was draped over every inch of this recording; granted, I was just given the mp3s for review, but if they’re any indication of what these remastered editions sound like, you can have ‘em. Frankly, a slightly cleaner and warmer version of this record is not something I had any desire to hear (and something sounds weird about the drums this time around…there’s an odd, kind of indescribable pop that occurs occasionally…strange, not sure if it’s just the fault of the mp3s, I really can’t tell…but something isn’t sounding right here), and I get the distinct feeling that “cash” was the number one motivator for rolling this one out the door. Sure, it’s cool to have it readily available for the new vinyl generation who may not have had a chance to hear it yet, but I don’t think they should’ve touched the mix. And for those of us who already have a copy of the original in some form…there’s absolutely no bonuses or extras to make it worth your while. At least the Today is the Day remasters had some bonus tracks and stuff to make ‘em worth owning a second time. Here, well…there’s nothing for us keepers of the faith, just a new mix job.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:29 pm

ahhhhh...thanks, Liat! What a great review. Guess I won't be rushing out to buy it after all...
Back to top Go down
blacktea

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:40 pm

if you play the hidden track at 45 rpm dax's voice sounds completely normal and the music in the background sounds hilarious
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:06 pm

Nice find! I'd like to hear that. :)
Back to top Go down
deadsouth

deadsouth

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Doomchild wrote:
Nice find! I'd like to hear that. :)

x2
Back to top Go down
PaEGaN

PaEGaN

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:20 pm

I just uploaded this so it might take a few minutes before its available

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paegan Remastered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paegan Remastered   Paegan Remastered I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paegan Remastered
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next