HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

paegan terrorism vinyl ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

paegan terrorism vinyl ? Empty
PostSubject: paegan terrorism vinyl ?   paegan terrorism vinyl ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 7:38 pm

(sorry if there is already a topic for this)

i bought the kitestring LP about 8 years ago and never had a problem with its sound/mix quality.
i bought the paegan one around 2 years ago, listened to it and thought something was off about the sound. the whole thing just sounds really tinny... mostly the drums have a really shitty sound to them. does anyone else think this?

i was at a record store today and i had to stop myself from telling a customer who had it in their hands NOT to buy it.
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: paegan terrorism vinyl ?   paegan terrorism vinyl ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:07 am

There actually is already a topic for this: https://aboardwithnoname.forumotion.com/t470-paegan-remastered

You posted in this thread, as did I (last post).
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: paegan terrorism vinyl ?   paegan terrorism vinyl ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:33 am

lol oh dear...
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: paegan terrorism vinyl ?   paegan terrorism vinyl ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 7:56 am

blunt
Back to top Go down
thrash gordon

thrash gordon

PostSubject: Re: paegan terrorism vinyl ?   paegan terrorism vinyl ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:57 am

is there anywhere online with an upload of a song taken from the remastered vinyl releases?

I found the whole of 'Kite String up on youtube posted recently, and the mix does seem slightly clearer than I'm used to, but I'm not too sure if it's remastered as it's not a big difference.

I'd really like to get both albums on vinyl but I'm nervous now (especially with the expensive overseas shipping cost) without hearing it first.

Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: paegan terrorism vinyl ?   paegan terrorism vinyl ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:10 pm

thrash gordon wrote:
is there anywhere online with an upload of a song taken from the remastered vinyl releases?

I found the whole of 'Kite String up on youtube posted recently, and the mix does seem slightly clearer than I'm used to, but I'm not too sure if it's remastered as it's not a big difference.

I'd really like to get both albums on vinyl but I'm nervous now (especially with the expensive overseas shipping cost) without hearing it first.

Since you live in the UK, it would be easier to order the vinyl through Amazon. They also offer free shipping for UK residents!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paegan-Terrorism-Tactics-VINYL-Acid/dp/B003KPHKKU/ref=ntt_mus_dp_dpt_5
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: paegan terrorism vinyl ?   paegan terrorism vinyl ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:32 pm

thrash gordon, do not buy the ptt vinyl... save your money and buy some new shoes... or a couple reese peanutt butter eggs.
Back to top Go down
thrash gordon

thrash gordon

PostSubject: Re: paegan terrorism vinyl ?   paegan terrorism vinyl ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 pm

sickure wrote:
thrash gordon wrote:

Since you live in the UK, it would be easier to order the vinyl through Amazon. They also offer free shipping for UK residents!

Nah, it's listed as £30, that's almost $50... and shipping wouldn't be free as it's a marketplace item, not actually amazon.

ouch!
Back to top Go down
thrash gordon

thrash gordon

PostSubject: Re: paegan terrorism vinyl ?   paegan terrorism vinyl ? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 4:16 am

mushroomleg wrote:
thrash gordon, do not buy the ptt vinyl... save your money and buy some new shoes... or a couple reese peanutt butter eggs.

I probably will, I need new shoes haha

My curiosity's just been tweaked by this different mix, I think I just want to hear it myself though opinions do seem pretty unanimous about it.
Back to top Go down
thrash gordon

thrash gordon

PostSubject: Re: paegan terrorism vinyl ?   paegan terrorism vinyl ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 7:40 am

Right I've acquired a rip of the vinyl remaster, maybe it's my shitty speakers but to be honest I really don't mind this new mix. I've not gone through the whole thing yet but I can't see a major difference other than it's much louder and slightly clearer. I'm picking up on what the drums are doing a little more, but not really noticing much else of a change.

I'll most likely grab a copy if I find it for a decent price over here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: paegan terrorism vinyl ?   paegan terrorism vinyl ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

paegan terrorism vinyl ?
Page 1 of 1