miked_for_doom
douse
kza
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kza

kza

what to expect at a dax riggs show Empty
PostSubject: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 4:31 am

ive been really into dax for about three years now and always wanted to go to see him live. the last time he was in my area i was out of the country, but this year hes coming to nyc and i can finally go. i was wondering what kind of set he usually plays live, ive listened to like every live show posted but they all seem so different. when he comes to new york in june is he bringing a band or will it just be acoustic stuff? does he interact with fans afterward? and what kind of turnout does he get on the east coast, should i buy tickets on ticketmaster for the bar hes playing or am i safe just showing up and getting in?
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:41 am

if enough people yell "play dead girl", he usually plays it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:37 am

lol i thought you didnt' listen to dax boots, douse. Only an avid fan would have that kind of inside information.

I'd go for the advance tickdets, or get there super early.

last time we saw dax, there was maybe 30 people there. according to the venue's facebook page 100+ people are "going" to upcoming show. And I personally know 4 or 5 people who dont do facebook that are going.

I'm expecting a set similar to the acoustic shows from earlier this year, but I could be talking out of my ass. Pam and a few others here should be able to offer some insight in a few days.

im super excited my hommie Erron is coming with us. He got us into dax and has never been to a show.

skull skull skull
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 8:52 pm

Awesomeness
bang

Thats what you can expect
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:01 pm

yeahthat
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:16 pm

The show I saw in Mobile was less intense than all of the previous shows I've been to.

But really there are plenty of recordings of recent shows in Youtube. I'd watch those if you really wanna know whats going to be played and how..
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:23 pm

... going to the Pensacola show tomorrow night and maybe the PCB show Saturday. The Pensacola venue has nice sound... looking forward to it :) Maybe the recording will turn out decent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:26 pm

horns have a blast man
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:33 pm

Talk to him and take some pics with him. :D
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:42 pm

I might... I have some friends going with me who will probably harass me enough to make me do it. I catch so much flak for how much I talk about Dax's stuff. :) My buddy who gives me the most shit isnt able to go, so I might be safe.

Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:50 pm

I plan on recording. Maybe if there are enough of us on the board going we can get medieval on those shit heads who feel the need to have ridiculous conversations during the shows. THAT SHIT FROSTS MY BALLS!

GO GET A SIX PACK AND HAVE YOUR DEBATES UNDER THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE MOTHERFUCKERS! thanks
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:13 pm

I expect people to record every show on this tour in it's entirety... then somehow get me a copy.

I am kidding. But people need to get back to recording these sets. I have some serious gaps in my live collection since 2010. :(

I will record Chicago. Anyone else planning on recording any dates?
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:24 pm

I recorded the Mobile show, but the guy I was with was drinking and by the halfway point he was set on having a lively conversation with me about what he wanted to hear. He wasnt expecting an all acoustic, mellow set. I didn't say anything because we were in the back leaning in a doorway and the setlist was the same as what was on Youtube already...

I have also noticed a gap in shows, but an influx of good quality video on Youtube.
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:04 am

I'm pretty sure I've got some tapes to fill in some of that gap, but I haven't done much with them because he.... just... kept... playing... the... same... set... over... and... over. roll

Not that I don't love the "Say Goodnight..." material, but I'm glad to finally be hearing some new stuff, meaning the recent "acoustic" shows he's been doing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:42 pm

im stoked for an acoustic set
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 4:57 pm

...expect a spiritual experience
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:48 pm

horns
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:35 am

Here are a few pics from the show.

what to expect at a dax riggs show Dax10

what to expect at a dax riggs show Daxnlu10

what to expect at a dax riggs show Daxr11
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 4:52 pm

I really could use a few new shows. I am hopefully going to be at the Chicago and Madison shows with Draugr. If I am there, I will record them, FOR SURE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what to expect at a dax riggs show   what to expect at a dax riggs show I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what to expect at a dax riggs show
Page 1 of 1