PaEGaN
Draugr
KimmieRae70
jtaylor477
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jtaylor477

when was 'if this is hell' recorded? Empty
PostSubject: when was 'if this is hell' recorded?   when was 'if this is hell' recorded? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:40 pm

so it was first released in 2002, but wikipedia (!) says it was recorded in 1997. can anyone verify this? also, when were the demos recorded? on that note, does anyone else think that the demo of 'waking up insane' totally owns the album version? Suspect I heart
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: when was 'if this is hell' recorded?   when was 'if this is hell' recorded? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:51 pm

don't know all the answers, but I think '97 is right..it originally was a Deadboy record, but re-released in '02 with just Dax on the cover.

most of the demos I've heard are simply amazing, and yes, I would argue better than the album versions (esp. Agents--DAMN!) Waking up insane is sick. horns
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: when was 'if this is hell' recorded?   when was 'if this is hell' recorded? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:14 am

Beats me. '97 seems early but who knows.
Back to top Go down
PaEGaN

PaEGaN

PostSubject: Re: when was 'if this is hell' recorded?   when was 'if this is hell' recorded? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:43 am

no way in hell....agents didn't come out till 2000.
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: when was 'if this is hell' recorded?   when was 'if this is hell' recorded? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:54 am

if memory serves i believe that the 'deadboy and the elephantmen theme song' is on the '97 live daisyhead and the moonckrickets bootleg, perhaps that is why they're getting the dates confused? the if this is hell demo is so damn great, i think it owns every song on the official album except song with no name and graves beyond windows.
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: when was 'if this is hell' recorded?   when was 'if this is hell' recorded? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:07 am

i'm in the minority it seems but i prefer most album version over the demos. i like the demos a lot, but nothing beats the quality of the album. that album is perfection to me.
Back to top Go down
SanitaryRefuse

SanitaryRefuse

PostSubject: Re: when was 'if this is hell' recorded?   when was 'if this is hell' recorded? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:29 pm

I'd really have to agree at VERY least for waking up insane and ESPECIALLY graves beyond windows, that the demos are just far superior. On the album he hacked off the whole end chant from Graves, what up with THAT?? Hasn't Dax also said he prefers the demos? I believe I heard that somewhere...
Back to top Go down
FforFake

FforFake

PostSubject: Re: when was 'if this is hell' recorded?   when was 'if this is hell' recorded? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:51 pm

I got my copy of the demo in 2001 and they had just made them. The album did not come out until 2002. All that talk about 1997 is bullshit.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: when was 'if this is hell' recorded?   when was 'if this is hell' recorded? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:24 pm

yeah...you're right...if Agents was 2000, and Night Sky was 2005, then in would have to be in between there, eh?
Shit, I'm old. Gimme a fuckin break..HAHA I can't remember shit. And the smoke probably hasn't helped blunt
Back to top Go down
FforFake

FforFake

PostSubject: Re: when was 'if this is hell' recorded?   when was 'if this is hell' recorded? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 11:41 pm

The 1997 started in 2006-2007 when Fat Possum was able to reprint If This is Hell. All they did was slap the 1997 sticker on there and take deadboy off and put his name in it's place. If you look on the back above the Fat Possum copyright it still has the 2002 copyright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when was 'if this is hell' recorded?   when was 'if this is hell' recorded? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

when was 'if this is hell' recorded?
Page 1 of 1