the music of Dax Riggs and more

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??

Go down 
+32
jenX
The Tekro.mancer
tewn
luh_3417
venusblue
mushroomleg
SanitaryRefuse
jomical
monicahebert
*☽motherofnight☾*
HellfirE
Doomchild
xionicpulse
DeadDaisy
beercan
bigbeezy
Godless667
perfectdreamingskull
Sheik Yerbouti
Dr. Blotter
Mortality
Sicklysweet
Cracka Lacka
blackwizard
Draugr
optimistic-pessimist
chris_hookey
myster6
noelle
beautiful downgrade
majindrizzt
KimmieRae70
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:27 am

venusblue wrote:
Sleeping with the Witch. for sure.
bang
Back to top Go down
luh_3417

luh_3417

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 9:12 am

Let me be your cigarette
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:13 pm

I really like the title track and hearbreak hotel. Sleeping with the witch was beyond badass live so that's growing on me as well.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:13 pm

All the stuff from the new album was crazy good at the show in Chicago.
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:39 pm

bang
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:04 pm

heartbreak hotel was sooo great live...the 'so lonely's they added were a nice touch. And, I know it ain't on the new one, but how about that kickass version of 'truth in the dark' they're doing! hells yeah!
Back to top Go down
The Tekro.mancer
aka Johnny Tek
The Tekro.mancer

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:14 am

I'm really digging what he did with Sleeping With The Witch. It's a massive improvement over the first time I heard it live and the few variants that bounced around for a while. But it's a tough call. I think Say Goodnight To The World might just top it.
Back to top Go down
jenX

jenX

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:39 pm

I don't think I could pick one, and I have favorite things about each one. Heartbreak Hotel is especially awesome live - it's still a melancholy dirge, but live there is an undertone of frustrated anger about the vocal delivery.
I so much love Sleeping With the Witch - for the lyrics.
Shit, I really do love them all.
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:47 am

it's a two-way tie between Say Goodnight and Like Moonlight for me.
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:13 am

I was initially disappointed with the version of Sleeping With the Witch but man...I can't stop listening to it. SOOO badass live too. Gallows has really grown on me as well. Very interesting album.
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:33 am

part of me wishes the album was closed with Witch. i understand why he chose I'll See you In Hell... as the last song, but for some reason to me, Witch feels more like a closing song. let I'll See You be #9, witch #10.

anyone else feel this way? shrug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:57 am

a lot of the songs on this album reek of pink floyd to me.
heavy the way heavy was originally intended. i love it
"if this is hell" did the same thing to me, only in a different way. completely different monster horns
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:13 am

I played heartbreak hotel for my mom. She liked it. She said she wouldn't recognize the song if I didn't tell her what it was. Her first Dax expierence horns
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:20 pm

scaredsquee wrote:
part of me wishes the album was closed with Witch. i understand why he chose I'll See you In Hell... as the last song, but for some reason to me, Witch feels more like a closing song. let I'll See You be #9, witch #10.

anyone else feel this way? shrug
ha, your not the only one.. i was having this conversation with someone the other day about it.. witch does sound like an album closing tune.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:49 pm

I like how dax says its the go to sleep song. It belongs on the end.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:53 pm

beautiful downgrade wrote:
I played heartbreak hotel for my mom. She liked it. She said she wouldn't recognize the song if I didn't tell her what it was. Her first Dax expierence horns

COOLNESS cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Silas seems happy when moonlight is playing I heart

Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:51 am

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:31 am

awww, yeah. Awesome indeed. rabbit
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 6:49 pm

I didn't care for I hear satan....i liked the version i heard when the song first came out.
My fave is Like Moonlight...in a tie with Born to be my gallows...good shit
Back to top Go down
Syd001

PostSubject: Love it!!!   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:34 am

I love the whole record such a combination of Dax songs. You where born to be my gallows is such a spiritual experince. That song is what dax always quotes magic or magical. Say goodnight is alot more guitar oriented at times which I love and I hear satan is a amazing song about life events of the government. Alot of bands try to be political and fail like Green Day but to me record sales and radio play have nothing to do with phenomenal music. People these days dont know what great music is and focus on good beats with horrible lyrics. Sorry to rant.... I just think if people actually listen and really listen to dax and what his music is and represents then he would already have been on regular radio but people r stupid and blind. Im sorry for this rant again but music these days piss me off. What ever happened to real music that can make u feel something different and free u from everyday life instead of Justin Bieber boy band shit!!! God!!! Now that I have thought about it the whole entire collection of Dax Riggs stuff is 100% better than anything we have experienced this whole time since the year 2000!!! Acid bath is amazing and so is his stuff before but the 90s is the best music ever so I cant say he is the best in the 90s but definatly the year 2000 and on. Ive talked to him recently and he is so cool about connecting with his fans and talking to them and so on. Noone that I like as musicians I have met have ever been like this guy. He is something special! I believe now, Magic is real!!!
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:38 am

Syd001 wrote:
He is something special! I believe now, Magic is real!!!

clap

RIGHT ON.
Back to top Go down
xionicpulse

xionicpulse

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:25 pm

..for an idea of how great his particular example of magic can be, give a listen to Electric Comoland.

..that's just him fucking around with another brilliant mind. There are -many- examples available of such, but that's a decent starting point, I'd say..(*I'm sure the rest of you will give other, more certifiable examples..the Twitches come to mind*)

..but yeah..the greatest beauty, in my meager opinion, is the unintentional..and Dax is full o' that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:31 pm

No One Will Be a Stranger. So catchy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3