Draugr
KimmieRae70
cjist1
mrmojorisin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mrmojorisin

Dax in Fucking Kent Empty
PostSubject: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Can't fucking believe Dax is playinig Kent tomorrow. So unbelievably excited. I live right up the street. Anyone going to this show?
Back to top Go down
cjist1

cjist1

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:32 pm

mrmojorisin wrote:
Can't fucking believe Dax is playinig Kent tomorrow. So unbelievably excited. I live right up the street. Anyone going to this show?

Yep, Im goin, cant wait. I went to kent 96-98, so this is really going to be a fun show for me.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:29 am

that's how i felt when he played carrboro last summer! y'all have fun and take some pics to share!
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:40 pm

Did you record it???
Back to top Go down
cjist1

cjist1

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Didnt go on yet....but i dont have the equipment to record it. Was just talkin to Charlie about you Draugr.
Back to top Go down
liquidblue4

liquidblue4

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:36 am

I was at the Kent show last night, crowd was rowdy and dax told them to "quit fucking flying around"
got a bunch of pics and video.
will post on youtube later and link if everyone wants.
it might be a while though because i'm in a hotel in Kent now, and going to see Dax in Cleveland tomorrow...
then a long ass trip back to WV.
so bear with me.
also, i was at the Carrboro show last year, so i probably saw whoever was there.
Back to top Go down
liquidblue4

liquidblue4

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:42 am

these should work.
if not then i'll try to figure something out.

Kent 5/3/11: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.208498235837847.51545.100000330178407

Carrboro 8/11/10: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.143798135641191.18982.100000330178407
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:08 am

liquidblue4 wrote:
I was at the Kent show last night, crowd was rowdy and dax told them to "quit fucking flying around"

also, i was at the Carrboro show last year, so i probably saw whoever was there.

haha "flying around" ! lol

I was @ the Carrboro show last year. howdy! you coming to Chapel Hill next week?
Back to top Go down
liquidblue4

liquidblue4

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:46 am

i'm not sure yet actually...
i'd like to go, but i think my friend is skipping this one, and he's usually the out of state driver.
Back to top Go down
liquidblue4

liquidblue4

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:48 am

also yeah, Dax was really funny last night, you could tell that he was in a joking mood.
my favorite thing he said was "We'll live forever, we'll have eternal life... just kidding, we're all going to fucking die."
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:08 am

HAHAHA! horns I love it when he's like that.
Back to top Go down
liquidblue4

liquidblue4

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:17 am

yeah, that and "quit fucking flying around and shit... just try to fucking stand still for once in your life"
it was funny but the crowd was definitely uncalled for.
didnt help that 4 bands played before him, the last 2 being a heavy ass metalcore band getting everyone riled up, and then a... i dont even know... some kind of pseudo doom/ sludge/ wtf/ i dont know band called 200 Black Bears On The Horizon... they got everyone rowdy too.
i almost fell asleep during their 13 minute opening song.
and at the end of their set, "2 more short ones" turned into like 20 minutes.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:35 am

ahhhhhh shit hahahaha I hate when a shitty band is like, "we've got time for one more" and I'm all like "nooooooooooo" and it's never as quick as it should be.

"just try to fucking stand still for once in your life" HAHAHAHA AWESOME

some people suck at booking shows. there NEEDS to be some sort of fluidity to the band roster. and *helpful* (read healthy dose of sarcasm) if the fucking fans from one can be the same fans of the other(s). DUH. I have seen so many shows that could have been successful NOT be because of shitty band pairings.

p.s. is your avi a pic you took this week? it's killer!
Back to top Go down
liquidblue4

liquidblue4

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:46 am

yep :) i took the pic last night.
im pretty sure a picture of Dax smiling is a rare thing.
i always make sure to be right in front though to get good pics.

so let me tell you about the bands in order...

first band Lockjaw i think was the name was a 2 man band... they played i think a Pearl Jam song, then tried, yes tried, an original... they quit a few seconds in because they couldnt play it.
then they played a Weezer song, and another original... it was horrible.

2nd band was a single dude called We Are Giants or something... played some acoustic stuff... dont really remember him much other than he also sang for the last band as well.

3rd band was the metalcore band... it was cool to see some metal i guess, but got old after 3 songs.

then the 200 Black Bears... fucking snoozefest.

then Dax came out and killed it.

he threw my girlfriend the setlist, so we got that...
and he waved at me specifically and no one else outside while i was coming in... i think he remembered me from NC and the 9 items i had him sign.

also, right now im uploading a video to youtube from last night. ill try to get a few before we have to leave the hotel in an hour.
Back to top Go down
liquidblue4

liquidblue4

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:51 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp5Cjb17LSo

and there it is
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:18 am

Hell YEAH! thanks bro! I'm sooooo looking forward to my 2 night next week! ~squeal~
Back to top Go down
liquidblue4

liquidblue4

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:41 am

no problem at all.
eventually i'll have all the videos up.
also have the Cat's Cradle show too, once it's converted.
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:47 am

liquidblue4 wrote:
also yeah, Dax was really funny last night, you could tell that he was in a joking mood.
my favorite thing he said was "We'll live forever, we'll have eternal life... just kidding, we're all going to fucking die."

rofl i'm madly in love with him. pearls

kimmie i totallly agree about the band bookings. and i looove that pic! smilie daxy.
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:26 pm

how was the grog shop show?
my sorry arse couldn't make it this time...
Back to top Go down
liquidblue4

liquidblue4

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:04 pm

The Grog Shop was good.
The crowd was a little better for the most part. people just decided to be attached to everyone, so you could barely move, and when you're on the stage, it kinda sucks.
other than that though it was cool.
first band was alright, The Unclean, they were kinda like a mix of Clutch and The Sword/Sabbath i guess.
and then The Not So Good Ol Boys lived up to their name. Not So Good...

Dax was great but the audio was kinda shitty... not as bad as Cat's Cradle but wasn't amazing, once i get to upload the videos you guys will see what i'm talking about.

the Kent videos are awesome though, great sound.

the funniest thing about the Cleveland show was some dude behind me kept screaming and getting progressively louder:

I Didn't Know Yet UGH!
I Didn't Know Yet UUUGGH!
I DIDNT KNOW YET UUUUGGGGGGHHHHGHGHGhHHHHHH!!!!!!

even Dax laughed at him.

I personally didn't hear anyone scream "Dead Girl" even once, but my friend and girlfriend said that they heard it.

after the show we hung out and talked to the bassist and he was checking out all my albums, then told us to go back to the private room to see Dax, and we went back there and everyone was getting high, so we went back to the front and Dax came out and we talked and took a bunch of pictures.

after that i threw on my aviators and dax threw on his and we took an aviator pic together.

we were pretty bad ass.
Back to top Go down
liquidblue4

liquidblue4

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 6:19 am

one final thing that i forgot.
in between one of the songs a guy screamed "Dax! Show us your butthole!"
everyone laughed including Dax.
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:11 am

Thanks for sharing the song and the show atmosphere horns
Back to top Go down
liquidblue4

liquidblue4

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 12:13 pm

no problem.
i promise that i'll definitely have the rest of the videos up within a couple weeks.
i have a little over 20 i think. maybe more.
and if my friend would get the fucking Carrboro show converted, there would be a lot more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:02 pm

the unclean, isnt mike sanchez in that band? or had something to do with them at one point?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dax in Fucking Kent   Dax in Fucking Kent I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dax in Fucking Kent
Page 1 of 1