doomtroll
Doomchild
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

R.I.P. Pete Steele Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Pete Steele   R.I.P. Pete Steele I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:25 am

Blabbermouth. net:
"TYPE O NEGATIVE keyboardist Josh Silver has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the band's frontman, Peter Steele, passed away yesterday (Wednesday, April 14) at the age of 48. No official cause of death has yet been released, but it is believed that Steele died of heart failure.

According to unconfirmed reports, Steele had been ill for days leading up to his death.

Mistress Juliya (a.k.a. Juliya Chernetsky) of Fuse TV broke the news on her Twitter page last night, stating that she spoke to TYPE O NEGATIVE guitarist Kenny Hickey just before midnight New York time, and that Kenny confirmed that the rumors were true.

Back in 2005, many people were shocked when they logged on to the TYPE O NEGATIVE web site and saw a gravestone with the words "[P]eter Steele - 1962 - 2005 .... Free At Last" carved on it. According to Epinions.com, there were rumors at the time that Steele was sick (with anything from cancer to AIDS), was on his deathbed, attempted suicide ... and the list goes on. Needless to say, it turned out that Steele was very much alive and the gravestone was merely a joke, albeit one the wasn't viewed as being in particularly good taste.

Steele was born Petrus T. Ratajczyk on January 4, 1962 in Brooklyn, New York. He stood 6' 7" (201 cm) tall, and had a low, bass-heavy voice, which was one of the most recognizable features in TYPE O NEGATIVE's music.

Before forming TYPE O NEGATIVE, Steele played for the metal group FALLOUT and the thrash band CARNIVORE."

I don't know, but this feels pretty terrible right now. :(
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

R.I.P. Pete Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Pete Steele   R.I.P. Pete Steele I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:23 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/04/15/entertainment/main6399206.shtml

It is on CBS News as well, and SUCKS OUT LOUD!!!

R.I.P. You died to soon my friend
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

R.I.P. Pete Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Pete Steele   R.I.P. Pete Steele I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:37 pm

no
Back to top Go down
Admin
aka Thy Demise

R.I.P. Pete Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Pete Steele   R.I.P. Pete Steele I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:23 pm

i was never a big fan, loved october rust, but he seemed like the kind of dude who would last forever
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

R.I.P. Pete Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Pete Steele   R.I.P. Pete Steele I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:28 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

R.I.P. Pete Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Pete Steele   R.I.P. Pete Steele I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:36 pm

Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

R.I.P. Pete Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Pete Steele   R.I.P. Pete Steele I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:12 pm

no Sad day...

R.I.P. Pete Steele Adam_petersteele

RIP
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

R.I.P. Pete Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Pete Steele   R.I.P. Pete Steele I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:41 pm

What a cool pic! horns
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

R.I.P. Pete Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Pete Steele   R.I.P. Pete Steele I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 7:37 pm

i will celebrate type o's music forever
Back to top Go down
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

R.I.P. Pete Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Pete Steele   R.I.P. Pete Steele I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:05 am

Legends never die... rip Remembered this again, when I listened to The Man-eating Tree cover of Everything Dies. They're quite different from Type O, so I think they did a pretty good job.

Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

R.I.P. Pete Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Pete Steele   R.I.P. Pete Steele I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:21 am

That's pretty cool. I think I never heard a Type O cover before.
Back to top Go down
Darth Paul
Rockin' the Darkside
Darth Paul

R.I.P. Pete Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Pete Steele   R.I.P. Pete Steele I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:50 pm

thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R.I.P. Pete Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Pete Steele   R.I.P. Pete Steele I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Pete Steele
Page 1 of 1