HellfirE
beautiful downgrade
Chuck_Morgue
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuck_Morgue

Chuck_Morgue

The Otherworldly Dreamer Empty
PostSubject: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:14 am

This is my first post. Just joined up. Some of you know me, some don't.

I just found out about SC shutting down, and found my way here. Very cool indeed.

Wanted to let everyone know that I am currently working on a children's horror/fantasy book based on the songs of our beloved Mr. Riggs. With Dax' permission, I will be writing for the next few months, crafting this incredible story into something hopefully he (and all of you) will find spectacular.

If you are on Facebook, look me up. There will be updates, sneak peeks at art samples, all kinds of stuff over the coming months. This is certainly what you would call a labor of love, and I have high hopes for this project.

The Otherworldly Dreamer will be a fairytale in the tradition of the books of Oz and Narnia, with kindred spirituality with Lemony Snickett, Tim Burton, Clive Barker and Neil Gaiman. All with my own creative voice, all soaked in the inspiration from Dax Riggs. If you love Dax, this book is for you. If you have kids, this book is for you. If someone has no idea who Dax is, has no kids, but loves dark fantasy fiction, this book is for them.

I will try to poke in and out of here, not just to rattle on about this book, but on other topics as well.

Hoping this site turns out as well and better than SC.

~~Chuck Morgue
www.houseofmorgue.com
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:55 am

Wow sounds awesome! Can't wait to read it to our little one! I'm very excited about this horns
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:05 pm

very awesome chuck.. good to have you here.. dont forget to friend us on myspace http://www.myspace.com/apagewithnoname

Last edited by HellfirE on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:11 pm

That sounds awesome! I'm excited!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:23 pm

yeah, this is cool shit right here bananallama
Back to top Go down
monicahebert

monicahebert

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 6:25 pm

awesome....i will find u on facebook :)
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:57 am

ya'll should check out Mr. Morgue's other books too....they are all kinds of awesome... thumbsup
The Horns of Evangelina got me hooked....
Back to top Go down
Sicklysweet
Succubus
Sicklysweet

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Definitely excited! That sounds awesome. I read a lot, and will admit that I absolutely love creative kids books.

What age group are you shooting for?
Back to top Go down
tjstraker

tjstraker

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:01 pm

This sounds way too awesome, I hope it gets completed.
Back to top Go down
dcfbama

dcfbama

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:29 pm

KimmieRae70 wrote:
ya'll should check out Mr. Morgue's other books too....they are all kinds of awesome... thumbsup
The Horns of Evangelina got me hooked....

I just checked out his site and the first chapter of The Horns of Evangelina is up to check out. It was pretty interesting. I'll have to get a copy sometime.

Also, this new book youre working on sounds kickass. Let us know on here when youre done man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:49 pm

wonder whats been happening with this, i've seen no updates or anything. hope he hasn't abandoned it
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:46 pm

me too.
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:20 pm

yeahthat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:30 am

someone should get to the bottom of this hmm2
Back to top Go down
Sicklysweet
Succubus
Sicklysweet

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:58 am

He's on my facebook and I think I remember seeing that he was messaging Dax about something related to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:59 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Well if thats the case it could be months. lol2
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:36 pm

he's still working on it diligently....I can't wait to see what he comes up with!
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:55 am

Anyone know a new information on this? Silas is always in need of new books :) .
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:30 am

I saw this update on FB just now,

I have resumed writing on THE OTHERWORLDLY DREAMER. All other creative projects are on hold. I must finish this book. New ideas flooding in, must get them down. This book will be completed VERY SOON..

-Chuck Morgue

bananallama

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:00 pm

bananallama
Back to top Go down
daydream disaster

daydream disaster

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:46 pm

I just requested the Denver Public. Library buy all of Chuck Morgues books! Hopefully they'll come in soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Otherworldly Dreamer   The Otherworldly Dreamer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Otherworldly Dreamer
Page 1 of 1