HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evil Friend cover

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
I Am The Cross

I Am The Cross

Evil Friend cover Empty
PostSubject: Evil Friend cover   Evil Friend cover I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:20 pm

I've always loved this song and the simplicity of the acoustic songs on the album. I am not used to singing, but I wanna learn so I can sing on the songs I've written. I know it's risky business covering someone like Dax :P , but hell, I tried. What do you think?

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ww1iouz28w5q3s
Back to top Go down
SanitaryRefuse

SanitaryRefuse

Evil Friend cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil Friend cover   Evil Friend cover I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 6:35 pm

Well I kinda dig it. i mean it's rough, but who cares? lol i've been meaning to do a cover of that one for a while, too. Well, i've been meaning to cover a HEAP of Dax tunes for a while. lol. i did Dog Headed Whore back in the day. it's at http://www.myspace.com/richardshockjr if you have any interest in checking it out. There used to be a big long thread of Dax covers back at the circus, we should get something like that going here.
Back to top Go down
I Am The Cross

I Am The Cross

Evil Friend cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil Friend cover   Evil Friend cover I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback. It is indeed pretty rough, I definitely need to work on my voice.
I think you're cover is very interesting. I like how you kinda changed it a bit with the timing. Good job. I also like your cover of House Of The Rising Sun, those kinda songs are always fun to solo over.

It'd be awesome if more people posted their covers of Dax on here yeah. I've seen a few covers and I've noticed how hard it really is to sing his songs. As rough and "out of tune" as he may sound, it's very hard to replicate what he does.
Back to top Go down
SanitaryRefuse

SanitaryRefuse

Evil Friend cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil Friend cover   Evil Friend cover I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 6:57 pm

it really is. but it's fun to try though. lol. when i stop being sick (whenever the hell THAT may be) i think i'm gonna bust out some Dax covers. I can't say for sure if anybody other than me will HEAR them... but we'll see. lol
Back to top Go down
I Am The Cross

I Am The Cross

Evil Friend cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil Friend cover   Evil Friend cover I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:17 pm

I sure hope to hear 'em! Do you have a list of songs you can cover?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Evil Friend cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil Friend cover   Evil Friend cover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evil Friend cover
Page 1 of 1