BrentVegas
cosmicfreakout
Dr. Blotter
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Blotter

Dr. Blotter

9/22/10 Columbia, MO Empty
PostSubject: 9/22/10 Columbia, MO   9/22/10 Columbia, MO I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:09 am

So I just got back from the show, and while it was good and I enjoyed myself, I was a little disappointed. Dax played for like 35 minutes. I was really upset that it was over. I think the opening band might have played longer even. When I saw him in STL 2 years ago he played for at least an hour or more. I was just wondering how long the sets were at the other places, I just can't think of why it would be so short. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything I'm just mad cause I wanted more Dax!
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: 9/22/10 Columbia, MO   9/22/10 Columbia, MO I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:42 am

damn 35minutes is a pretty short set. well if it makes you feel any better i was supposed to go to this show tonight, but couldn't since i couldn't get this day off from work.

did he at least stick around for a little bit and chat with fans? that was what i was looking forward to the most had i been able to go.
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: 9/22/10 Columbia, MO   9/22/10 Columbia, MO I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:55 am

Are you sure it was just 35 minutes? Maybe it just seemed faster... I believe he's been playing the same songs everywhere, hasn't he? Everything but Gallows from the new album, plus another 10 songs on top of that. I know he's got some short songs, but if he played that same set, that's gotta add up to at least an hour or so.
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

PostSubject: Re: 9/22/10 Columbia, MO   9/22/10 Columbia, MO I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:44 am

He played 20 songs when I saw him in Minneapolis, and I think it was a little over an hour, maybe closer to an hour and an half.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: 9/22/10 Columbia, MO   9/22/10 Columbia, MO I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:40 am

the 3 times I saw him this tour were all over an hour, and like Noelle said, maybe an hour 1/2. 35 min would disappoint me too!
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: 9/22/10 Columbia, MO   9/22/10 Columbia, MO I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Agree with everyone else. He's been playing basically the same set, and that's around 60-70 minutes. Unless he was sick, I can't see him cutting his set short like that.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: 9/22/10 Columbia, MO   9/22/10 Columbia, MO I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:38 pm

maybe he caught what Charley had last week? :(
how did he look/sound?
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

PostSubject: Re: 9/22/10 Columbia, MO   9/22/10 Columbia, MO I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:09 pm

When I saw him he said he had a bad cold.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Blotter

Dr. Blotter

PostSubject: Re: 9/22/10 Columbia, MO   9/22/10 Columbia, MO I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Yes I am sure that it was 35 minutes, maybe 38 lol. but yeah, he did chat with people before and after. Maybe he was sick, I dunno, he played 5 tracks off the new album I believe, a couple off the old one, a cover, and stop im already dead was the last song. Makes me wish I would have caught him in STL a month earlier and maybe the set would have been as long as it should have been.
Back to top Go down
GangstaPeech

GangstaPeech

PostSubject: Re: 9/22/10 Columbia, MO   9/22/10 Columbia, MO I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:47 pm

Yes, it was a very short set...but I was thinking more like 45 minutes...but I wasn't really checking my watch..that's just what it felt like...but also there was only a hand full of people there...compared to all the Dax shows I have seen in LA and TX, I could NOT believe how few people were there...the place wasn't even half full...he told my friend after that he was sick....he seemed to be in a good mood though...the best part of the night was when he and I compared our scars from donating plasma....and I said the same thing Dr. Blotter about wishing I had caught the show in STL...
Back to top Go down
Syd001

PostSubject: Columbia Mo   9/22/10 Columbia, MO I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 6:39 pm

Ya it was short a little. Not 30 min though. I helped him set up on stage which was badass and I asked if he was ok cuz he looked tired he said he was sick. After the show I talked to him longer than he played onstage and he was so open to pics and signatures. He was very quiet though didnt say alot but we did talk for a while. It was a spiritual experience the whole time to me and he isnt some guy who hates talking to his fans and doing things for them he just felt like shit. He will be around again he told me he wants to do more shows in Mo
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: 9/22/10 Columbia, MO   9/22/10 Columbia, MO I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:03 pm

Syd001 wrote:
He will be around again he told me he wants to do more shows in Mo
sweet horns
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: 9/22/10 Columbia, MO   9/22/10 Columbia, MO I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 3:12 am

Minneapolis and Madison were about 80 minutes each. So very nice.
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: 9/22/10 Columbia, MO   9/22/10 Columbia, MO I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:12 am

Charley told us that Dax deliberately stayed as far away from him as possible when he was sick, but ended up being the only one that got sick from him. shrug He said he was feeling mostly better in Jackson, and pretty much back to normal in Hattiesburg, though both sets were slightly shorter than what we saw back in June. He still sounded good, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9/22/10 Columbia, MO   9/22/10 Columbia, MO I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

9/22/10 Columbia, MO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Riding the Worm-
Jump to: