Townes Van Zandt

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

Townes Van Zandt Empty
PostSubject: Townes Van Zandt   Townes Van Zandt I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 9:55 am

Is there really no thread for Townes?

Some of these live tunes get me all emotional

This guitar though..

bawl
Back to top Go down

Townes Van Zandt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Townes Van Zandt   Townes Van Zandt I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:22 am

Townes is the best songwriter ever in my opinion. His lyrics are pure poetry.

Back to top Go down

Townes Van Zandt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Townes Van Zandt   Townes Van Zandt I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:27 am

have you ever seen Be Here to Love Me, Rahkoi?

Back to top Go down
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

Townes Van Zandt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Townes Van Zandt   Townes Van Zandt I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 1:31 pm

No, I haven't seen that yet, didn't even know about it until I came across the soundtrack. Apparently it's a good documentary, I should watch it at some point.
Back to top Go down

Townes Van Zandt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Townes Van Zandt   Townes Van Zandt I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 2:31 pm

And I also recommend listening to Blaze Foley, who was a good friend of Townes's and another great singer-songwriter who I got into through Dax.
Back to top Go down
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

Townes Van Zandt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Townes Van Zandt   Townes Van Zandt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 3:55 pm

Which Townes album is your favourite, Supernaut? Or do you have one? I haven't been able to decide whether I should get the record store to order me 'Townes Van Zandt' or 'Live At The Old Quarter' on vinyl hmm2

I think I'm gonna go with 'Townes Van Zandt' for now. I'd like the Sunshine Boy sessions on vinyl, but that's pretty expensive.
Back to top Go down

Townes Van Zandt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Townes Van Zandt   Townes Van Zandt I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 12:25 am

I love the self titled, but I think Old Quarter is THE Townes album.

I can't decide between For The Sake of the Song, Our Mother the Mountain, and self titled as far as the studio albums go. All three are perfect. Delta Momma Blues is also fantastic. I agree with people that Townes was more in his element on those live recordings, though.
Back to top Go down
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

Townes Van Zandt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Townes Van Zandt   Townes Van Zandt I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 7:05 am

Our Mother the Mountain is one of the best too. Now I can't decide. Well, we'll see.. I guess I gotta get them all at some point.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Townes Van Zandt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Townes Van Zandt   Townes Van Zandt I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 7:57 pm

I like it when dax covers him but I can't say if I've ever listened to him... scratch
Back to top Go down

Townes Van Zandt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Townes Van Zandt   Townes Van Zandt I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 11:10 pm

It was through Dax that I discovered his music.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Townes Van Zandt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Townes Van Zandt   Townes Van Zandt I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 4:18 am

Supernaut wrote:
It was through Dax that I discovered his music.
I would guess that is true for a lot of people on the board. Dax has certainly opened the door, in his fans heads, to a bunch of under appreciated artists.
Back to top Go down
blue.bayou

blue.bayou

Townes Van Zandt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Townes Van Zandt   Townes Van Zandt I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 6:44 pm

I loved his hank williams cover of I heard that (lonesome whistle)
Back to top Go down

Townes Van Zandt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Townes Van Zandt   Townes Van Zandt I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 11:49 pm

Townes' birthday was today. thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Sune

Townes Van Zandt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Townes Van Zandt   Townes Van Zandt I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 10:41 am

I suppose a happy birthday is in order, then. So if you're out there listening, Townes.. Happy birthday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Townes Van Zandt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Townes Van Zandt   Townes Van Zandt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Townes Van Zandt
Page 1 of 1