douse
MelancholyVGS311
kimbru
Doomchild
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Best Unreleased Dax Music?   Empty
PostSubject: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 am

So what is it?

Stranger to Reason (Soul of a Beercan)? Thing in a Jar? My Heart Awakes Screaming? Any of the many covers? Or maybe a different version of an officially released song. New stuff counts.

There's 'Evening God' or 'My Evening God and I' that some YouTube user commented was not ever supposed to leave the studio and is an Awesome Song!

As amazing as it is, Velvet Songs for Golden Skulls has also never been released (right?).

If I have to pick just one song: Thing in a Jar

flower
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 10:44 am

elysa wrote:

If I have to pick just one song: Thing in a Jar

flower

Right on the money. horns
Back to top Go down
kimbru
GodmadeConscious

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 2:05 pm

Thing in a jar and soul of the beer can. Its a horizontal tie between the two.
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 5:38 pm

Fly on the Eye... and Filling Empty Holes are easily my favorites
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 8:07 pm

this version

Back to top Go down
kimbru
GodmadeConscious

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:50 am

FIlling empty holes. Thats the one. I forgot. Forgive me. I take it back!

This one

Or this version of perfect dreaming skull
Cuz thank you drummer guy. for making ridiculously good song even better.

Wait...Melancholy, are you those one who uploaded these vids?

Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:17 am

Yep. That was a great show. :)
Back to top Go down
kimbru
GodmadeConscious

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:19 am

notworthy 
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 6:54 am

was tomorrow we jump ever officially released??

when bones turn to dust.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 7:22 am

kimbru wrote:
Cuz thank you drummer guy. for making ridiculously good song even better.

Best Unreleased Dax Music?   Article-2534676-1A721EDC00000578-153_634x676

maybe this was officially released by daisyhead, not sure
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 9:14 am

Wherever Forever Is

Have any of the Daisyhead songs been officially released?
Back to top Go down
kimbru
GodmadeConscious

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:32 am

Was velvet songs for golden skulls and official?
I just treat it like it is, great album.
And that drummer guy looks like ethan suplee

Best Unreleased Dax Music?   Ethan%20Suplee-SGG-065724

Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:57 am

Yeah, his name is Andy, but we call him Randy because of My Name is Earl.
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:06 pm

elysa wrote:
Wherever Forever Is

Two more songs from the Electric Comoland Demo:
Black Crayon
Momentarily Lost In Space
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:17 pm

Andy and Dax jammed really well together. There was definitely a bond there....even if it was short lived.
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:56 pm

that drummer was pretty good. it seems like every guy dax jams with lately is short lived.  I wonder why?  I can't see him being an asshole... he pretty much talks and acts like a rock n roll Michael Jackson...
Back to top Go down
kimbru
GodmadeConscious

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Its hard to tell when it comes to music.
Most people arent very interested in just playing someone elses musical vision...thats what studio musicians are for. Most people want to get famous too. Perhaps Dax ejoys being as underground as he is or im sure by now hed have blown up somewhere.
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 6:18 pm

mushroomleg wrote:
that drummer was pretty good.  it seems like every guy dax jams with lately is short lived.  I wonder why?  I can't see him being an asshole... he pretty much talks and acts like a rock n roll Michael Jackson...

When I first got introduced to Dax it was when I was living in Louisiana and a bunch of people who claimed to know him told me that he was a dick and hard to work with. Even people that didn't know him echoed those sentiments as word travels, I guess. It's only hearsay though and it was a rather long time ago so people obviously do change. I think it's mainly that Dax is independent and has a vision of what he wants to do and doesn't want to compromise which I can relate to. I also think he enjoys jamming with other artists and that's part of his vision...playing and writing music with as many people as he could.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 7:29 pm

Love this song. He was really into this show.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 9:36 pm

tewn wrote:
mushroomleg wrote:
that drummer was pretty good.  it seems like every guy dax jams with lately is short lived.  I wonder why?  I can't see him being an asshole... he pretty much talks and acts like a rock n roll Michael Jackson...

When I first got introduced to Dax it was when I was living in Louisiana and a bunch of people who claimed to know him told me that he was a dick and hard to work with. Even people that didn't know him echoed those sentiments as word travels, I guess. It's only hearsay though and it was a rather long time ago so people obviously do change. I think it's mainly that Dax is independent and has a vision of what he wants to do and doesn't want to compromise which I can relate to. I also think he enjoys jamming with other artists and that's part of his vision...playing and writing music with as many people as he could.

There was the one YouTube comment that Dax wouldn't pay his musicians well and that's why some don't want to play with him. I wondered how true that was, was it just the commenter was pissed at Dax for some reason, and how much do your really make from gigs at small bars.  shrug 

But I can also see Dax taking ownership of his music and pissing off people who wanted to tag on it.

Back on topic: it's also cool he never officially released some stuff because thus he didn't copyright them to a label. He was telling about not being on a label and having the freedom to record as he wishes when we saw him just a few weeks ago (my husband says that's what he said, I was busy gaping to hear :P ).

tewn wrote:

I talked to Dax about how crazy it was that songs like Thing in a Jar, In Death I'm Only Hiding, Tomorrow We Jump, etc never were released and he said that he planned to record a bunch of the unreleased classics so we'll see what happens...I'd be pretty excited about it but like a lot of people here, I like the bootlegs better than the studio stuff...

It would kick ass if (when  hyper ) he records these classics.

cheers

Last edited by elysa on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oriah

Oriah

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:03 pm

Evil Hides
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:36 pm

Oriah wrote:
Evil Hides

horns 
Back to top Go down
xionicpulse

xionicpulse

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 7:33 pm

..daydream disaster. ^_~

Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 8:35 pm

34 posts in 4 years, you must have no life. time to log off your computer for a while and get some sun
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:02 pm

lol 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Unreleased Dax Music?    Best Unreleased Dax Music?   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Unreleased Dax Music?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next