HellfirE
doomtroll
8 posters
AuthorMessage
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

INFECTED ANOTHER Empty
PostSubject: INFECTED ANOTHER   INFECTED ANOTHER I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:03 am

So yeah, my new found sister, the one who is the next youngest from me. well we were discussing music on IM, and she left open the opportunity to share new music with her, well....she loved everything I threw at her that was Dax, from Acid Bath to Solo... and LOVED ITIH & Agents...lol

She really liked Fireball Ministry & Saint Vitus to

Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

INFECTED ANOTHER Empty
PostSubject: Re: INFECTED ANOTHER   INFECTED ANOTHER I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:32 am

horns
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

INFECTED ANOTHER Empty
PostSubject: Re: INFECTED ANOTHER   INFECTED ANOTHER I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:59 am

Har, har! It's spreading!
Back to top Go down
quiet_doom
a fine mess
quiet_doom

INFECTED ANOTHER Empty
PostSubject: Re: INFECTED ANOTHER   INFECTED ANOTHER I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:26 pm

random funny story about turning people on to dax:

a few years ago, a new driver started @ wick's..chris..anyway, he & i were talking music one day & i mentioned acid bath...he says 'oh i love acid bath! that dax dude is amazing etc..' & we start talking all things dax, both amazed that the other actually knows who he is. then we get to the 'how did you hear about dax' topic & he says that a few years ago this dude mike he worked w/ at pizza hutt turned him on to acid bath/dax....i said 'wait..a guy named mike *****??' he says 'yep, you know him?'..well i do know him & i was the one who introduced him to dax a few years before..it all came full circle ouch
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

INFECTED ANOTHER Empty
PostSubject: Re: INFECTED ANOTHER   INFECTED ANOTHER I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:27 pm

quiet_doom wrote:
random funny story about turning people on to dax:

a few years ago, a new driver started @ wick's..chris..anyway, he & i were talking music one day & i mentioned acid bath...he says 'oh i love acid bath! that dax dude is amazing etc..' & we start talking all things dax, both amazed that the other actually knows who he is. then we get to the 'how did you hear about dax' topic & he says that a few years ago this dude mike he worked w/ at pizza hutt turned him on to acid bath/dax....i said 'wait..a guy named mike *****??' he says 'yep, you know him?'..well i do know him & i was the one who introduced him to dax a few years before..it all came full circle ouch

horns horns
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

INFECTED ANOTHER Empty
PostSubject: Re: INFECTED ANOTHER   INFECTED ANOTHER I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:56 pm

awesome little story QD horns
Back to top Go down
quiet_doom
a fine mess
quiet_doom

INFECTED ANOTHER Empty
PostSubject: Re: INFECTED ANOTHER   INFECTED ANOTHER I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:53 pm

it was just the most random thing ever..i immediately called mike after that & told him about it..we all ended up having drinks after chris & i got done w/ work that night haha
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

INFECTED ANOTHER Empty
PostSubject: Re: INFECTED ANOTHER   INFECTED ANOTHER I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:37 pm

nice work.
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

INFECTED ANOTHER Empty
PostSubject: Re: INFECTED ANOTHER   INFECTED ANOTHER I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:23 am

i turned rob awhile back :D
he bought both deadboy albums and the agents album on itunes. he has also bought both dax albums, too. bought, not pirated arr

he doesn't like acid bath much, but he doesn't say, "turn that off plz" when we're in the car or anything. so he at least tolerates them heh

my bff sam turned me onto deadboy in 2007. since then i've tried getting pretty much everyone i know to experience dax at least once. i don't know how successful my conversions have been, but at least i get the name out there.
Back to top Go down
The Tekro.mancer
aka Johnny Tek
The Tekro.mancer

INFECTED ANOTHER Empty
PostSubject: Re: INFECTED ANOTHER   INFECTED ANOTHER I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:26 am

I had picked up the Acid Bath cds back in the nineties when I was a teenager in high school simply because I thought the artwork was cool and I liked the names of the songs. Many years later a friend from way back when, who is probably on this board somewhere, played me some of the live Dax stuff and I've been nonstop since.

The best is part is that after getting a handfull of the live tracks from the circus I took it to work and played it for another old high school friend and like magic, instant infection. All it took was saying "this is the guy from Acid Bath" and playing Grand Dark Feeling Of Emptiness and Stop I'm Already Dead and he was hooked.

Both of these guys, myself, and our girlfriends all traveled down to Lexington, Kentucky a couple years back to see Dax live around the time he started doing Grave Song, Sleeping With The Witch, and that superb Thing In A Jar with a synthesizer.

It's amazing how the right songs can pull somebody in.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

INFECTED ANOTHER Empty
PostSubject: Re: INFECTED ANOTHER   INFECTED ANOTHER I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:43 am

That's cool, man!
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

INFECTED ANOTHER Empty
PostSubject: Re: INFECTED ANOTHER   INFECTED ANOTHER I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 4:58 am

yay all of the FB spamming i do has paid off! my friend ryan (old co-worker from years ago, moved away, lost touch, he recently joined FB) he IMed me the one day. "so i checked out that dax riggs you've been talking about, and he's fucking awesome!" he really likes the new album, (bought it, actually) and was checking out some deadboy stuff, too. yay! a new fan cheer batbanana
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

INFECTED ANOTHER Empty
PostSubject: Re: INFECTED ANOTHER   INFECTED ANOTHER I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:58 am

nice job, Squee! clap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

INFECTED ANOTHER Empty
PostSubject: Re: INFECTED ANOTHER   INFECTED ANOTHER I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INFECTED ANOTHER
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Riding the Worm-
Jump to: