tewn
MelancholyVGS311
Vey
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vey

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:06 pm

Larimer Lounge show last week in Denver was a huge let down. Dax sat at the font of the stage in a chair so unless you were right in front, you couldn't even see him. People kept yelling for him to stand up and that nobody could see but he wouldn't budge. He even laughed the request off with a joke about there being nothing to see. So thanks Dax....a couple hundred of your fans that paid money to SEE you didn't get to because you wouldn't stand. Wasn't really expecting this type of prima donna behavior out of Dax.
Back to top Go down

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Fuck Dax. I bet he didn't even play Dead Girl either.
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Every acoustic show ive seen of his ...he has always been sitting down. Itd be weird if he was standing, IMO
Back to top Go down
Vey

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 3:58 pm

It's a bar....even a bar stool would have been fine. Just not a chair...at least...not at Larimer Lounge with it's tiny stage.
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:18 pm

He sat last night...and didn't play dead girl. Fuck em
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 6:06 pm

He sat for the set we saw last month too. I was annoyed that I couldn't see, but then Kimmie switched spots with me for a while so I could see. It didn't occur to me to be pissed at Dax. I was just annoyed with a few fans. Like the hipster bitch that was blocking the view with her stupid hat. I didn't think it was prima donna behavior. No one at the show we went to asked him to stand up. You want to see prima donna, go to a QOTSA show. lol
Back to top Go down

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 6:12 pm

maybe he forgot his guitar strap at home

I dont understand the obsession with dead girl lol  i dont even think it's on the bottom of the list of shit i wish he's play
Back to top Go down

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 6:43 pm

I'd much rather hear him try to sing New Corpse.

I know he has said that he can't sing those songs anymore, but that's why I want to hear it. It'd be hilarious.
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 9:34 pm

I got into Dax because of Acid Bath and Dead Girl was the one song that really got my attention about his vocal abilities. Either way, I'm with sonordose there's a zillion songs I'd much rather him play.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 8:06 am

There are a lot of songs I'd rather hear too. Someone at the show kept yelling out, "Play deadgirl." After about the 10th time they yelled it, I yelled, "Fuck your deadgirl!" They didn't say it again. pearls 
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:51 am

lol horns 
Back to top Go down

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 4:26 am

beautiful downgrade wrote:
There are a lot of songs I'd rather hear too. Someone at the show kept yelling out, "Play deadgirl." After about the 10th time they yelled it, I yelled, "Fuck your deadgirl!" They didn't say it again. pearls 

Has Dax ever gotten pissed and yelled at people for that? He seems like a really mild mannered guy, but we all have our moments.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:50 am

. You want to see prima donna, go to a QOTSA show. lol

as a big qotsa fan, I would like to know this story tard 
Back to top Go down

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:46 am

Josh isn't shy about calling fans out for acting like dicks.
Back to top Go down

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:56 am

axl rose syndrome
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:02 am

douse wrote:
. You want to see prima donna, go to a QOTSA show. lol

as a big qotsa fan, I would like to know this story tard 

Before the show we saw Josh and another dude were outside and Josh said, "Let's go to the mall and see who recognizes us." That was just funny.

After Dax preformed for 30 minutes pfft we were talking to Dax and standing by the QOTSA merchant and we weren't allowed to stand over there to get Dax to sign stuff for us. They took longer to set up than Dax got to play. I just got a douche bag vibe from Josh, and an over all...snobby vibe from them. They were walking through the crowd but not talking to anyone before the show.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:29 pm

yeah, I do get a rock star vibe from him but also I know he doesn't take himself seriously, as seen in some interviews, so he might just be taken the wrong way

I could see how someone who worships dax could get pissed about them setting up too long, that could be taken as an asshole move or just making sure everything is just right, dunno
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:53 pm

I was annoyed that we drove 4 hours to see Dax and they only let him play for 30 minutes, then cut his sound off while people were screaming for him to play more.

We didn't stay for their whole set. The sound was off and you couldn't hear him singing because the music was so loud.
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 4:20 pm

I vaguely recall another qotsa and dax story that was no bueno...something about dax drinking their beer or something...i can't remember the details...
Back to top Go down

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 5:10 pm

lol 
Back to top Go down
blacktea

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:31 am

sounds like a venue problem to me
or maybe dax was too noodle-legged to stand up and he just played it off legit
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:48 am

I saw Dax play before QOTSA at the Moon in Tallahassee... I didn't stay for QOTSA. Looks like I made a good choice.
Back to top Go down

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 12:11 pm

lol 
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:34 am

He sat for the set we saw last month too. I was annoyed that I couldn't see, but then Kimmie switched spots with me for a while so I could see. It didn't occur to me to be pissed at Dax. I was just annoyed with a few fans. Like the hipster bitch that was blocking the view with her stupid hat. I didn't think it was prima donna behavior. No one at the show we went to asked him to stand up. You want to see prima donna, go to a QOTSA show. lol
Couldn't of said it better!thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:40 am

I think that qotsa mall story is fuckin' hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Down In Front! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down In Front!   Down In Front! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down In Front!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Riding the Worm-
Jump to: