HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When you're down

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
liatm

liatm

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:20 pm

I got back from an exam today. It was too depressing. no
Found myself listening to this song over and over and over again.
Well... at least there's some birds bird and some light idea

What do you listen to when you're down?

Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:23 pm

What subject was your exam in?

I tend to listen to heavy, loud, driving music when I'm down. I'd rather be angry than sad.
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Angry is a bad feeling, tend to get you in trouble ... hmm2
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Come to think about that, how can a (good) music make you feel angry? shrug
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:29 pm

It can get you in trouble, yes. But they say that sadness is just anger with no energy behind it. I'd rather try to use that negative emotion and turn it into something... maybe exercise, or housework (as silly as that may sound), or any number of other productive activities. With sadness, I just shut down. Much less desirable, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:35 pm

That's a nice song.
I tend to listen to gloomy stuff first. And angry stuff. And brutal stuff. And then some Hellacopters. :D
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:37 pm

I think that sadness got energy behind it. But it's up to you what to do with it. It could be negative energy, and you can translate to anger.
For me, since I'm a bounce type of person most of the times, it's an excuse to sit down and think about stuff, look at things in another perspective. For example look at art or listen to familiar songs and find different angles.

Daniel, post the gloomy stuff
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:24 pm

I'd rather post my fave Hellacopters tune. :D

Gloomy stuff would be Katatonia, VAST, Anathema, Red Sparowes, Gnarls Barkley, Tom Waits... Something like that.

Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:52 pm

How can you enjoy your gloominess with Hellacopters? :P

I love Natural Disaster (Anathema's song) tho I usually hear it while studying.
I only have one CD of Katatonia (Discouraged ones, I can't remember where I put it), I hardly ever listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:26 am

Hellacopters is the perfect antidote, when I'm sick of feeling sick. :D

You should definitely get more Katatonia.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:28 am

And when I really wanna writhe in it, I put on some of this:

But there are many good memories attached to this as well.
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:20 am

UGH! I'm so tired of not having youtube at work, and not having a working computer at home!
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Doomchild wrote:

Few of the first albums I bought were:
my dying bride
Anathema
Tiamat
I can't relate them to sadness - too much happy memories.

I listened patiently to Katatonia till 2:16 - Then I gave up confused I don't dig it.

Adam, can you get to myspace at your work?

Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:14 pm

Nope. bangheadwall
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:25 pm

no
I don't remember if you told us before, but where do you work? and why do they block your music? Is it b/c they don't trust you, or b/c ppl were hogging the BW?
Back to top Go down
Pearls
I believe in peace, bitch!
Pearls

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:02 pm

liatm wrote:
Doomchild wrote:

Few of the first albums I bought were:
my dying bride
Anathema
Tiamat
I can't relate them to sadness - too much happy memories.

I listened patiently to Katatonia till 2:16 - Then I gave up confused I don't dig it.

Adam, can you get to myspace at your work?

Liat, douse turned me on to Katatonia's newest album, Night is the New Day, and it has not left my vehicle cd player since I bought it. I now also have Last Fair Deal Gone Down and I am really digging it.
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:40 pm

I looked it up again and finally found it (it was in K, next to Krisium). I'll give it a try one more time (just in case I'm confusing it with Agalloch album). Judging from the song Daniel post, it's gonna be boring. shrug
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:59 pm

I work for the Department of Transportation and Development in the State of Louisiana. More specifically, I design bridges in Louisiana.

Blocking internet access is pretty common at most large firms and organizations, as far as I know. It's an attempt to increase productivity by blocking online distractions.
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:33 pm

That's sounds interesting. Did one of your bridges turn from paper-bridge to a real bridge?
Does the soil in Louisiana requires special requirement than other places?

Most places I worked at, do not block the internet and if they do, it's from security reasons.
If there's too much work, ppl don't surf the net. shrug
Besides, I use Myspace & youtube as a radio. It's not like I sit and watch it. Blocking music to increase productivity is stupid- Music helps ppl to concentrate & if it doesn't they will turn it off themselves.
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:52 pm

I haven't been here long enough (15 months) to really have designed a full bridge of my own, but I have done some work on several bridges that are in various stages of construction.

The overall process of projects here is relatively slow. There's a part of me that doesn't like it. (The part of me that likes to procrastinate and gets distracted easily, that is...)
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Procrastination's a bitch! cuss
Back to top Go down
WorldDownfall

WorldDownfall

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Counting Crows, alll the way. They got some beautiful music.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:23 pm

I think I only have one song of them - "Colorblind". But that one is definitely in my playlist, when I feel like shit and don't want to get better.
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:45 am

Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:47 am

Nice, didn't know that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

When you're down Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you're down   When you're down I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When you're down
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Unrelated Bands-
Jump to: