Bro' Dege goes Hollywood

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Bro' Dege goes Hollywood Empty
PostSubject: Bro' Dege goes Hollywood   Bro' Dege goes Hollywood I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 8:19 am

http://pavementpr.com/featured-news/brother-deges-song-too-old-to-die-young-hand-chosen-by-quentin-tarantino-for-his-new-film-django-unchained/

Quote :
BROTHER DEGE’S SONG “TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG” HAND-CHOSEN BY QUENTIN TARANTINO FOR HIS NEW FILM “DJANGO UNCHAINED”
Posted on November 29, 2012 by Pavement

djangoCROP442

Brother Dege (“deej”) (aka Dege Legg) is one of the best-kept secrets in the Deep South. A musician, writer and Southern enigma, Dege is the haunted face of 21st century Delta blues. Like the possessed offspring of Faulkner and Son House, he plays slide guitar in the age-old tradition of the blues greats, yet manages to breathe new life into this revered Delta idiom.

Well, make that… was one of the best-kepts secrets… as the reclusive Louisiana Cajun’s song “Too Old To Die Young” was personally selected by Quentin Tarantino to appear in the soundtrack of his new film Django Unchained, starring Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson.

Tarantino describes his method of utilizing music (old and new) into the soundtrack of Django Unchained [from the director's press release]: “I want to thank all the artists who contributed original songs (a first for me) to the picture. Most of these contributions came out of the artists’ own inspiration and their illustration of the film’s soul is invaluable. In addition to the new original songs I am also using a lot of older recordings on the soundtrack – many of which came from my personal vinyl collection. Instead of having the record companies give me new digitally cleaned up versions of these recordings from the ’60s and ’70s, I wanted to use the vinyl I’ve been listening to for years – complete with all the pops and cracks. I even kept the sound of the needle being put down on the record. Basically because I wanted people’s experience to be the same as mine when they hear this soundtrack for the first time.”

The soundtrack for Django Unchained will be released on December 18th before the movie opens on Christmas Day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bro' Dege goes Hollywood   Bro' Dege goes Hollywood I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 8:29 am

banrock big timin' it
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Bro' Dege goes Hollywood   Bro' Dege goes Hollywood I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 8:36 am

carrot
Back to top Go down
PaEGaN

PaEGaN

PostSubject: Re: Bro' Dege goes Hollywood   Bro' Dege goes Hollywood I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:22 am

dance
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: Bro' Dege goes Hollywood   Bro' Dege goes Hollywood I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 3:26 pm

I went with my fiancee on Xmas to see Django Unchained. When the Dege song started playing in it, we both said "hey, thats Dege!" at the same time. Thats way cool. I am super excited for him.
I hope this opens even more doors for him.
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: Bro' Dege goes Hollywood   Bro' Dege goes Hollywood I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 9:49 am

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bro' Dege goes Hollywood   Bro' Dege goes Hollywood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bro' Dege goes Hollywood
Page 1 of 1