kza
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

Tess Brunet - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Quote :
There is no doubt in my mind that had Dax been good to me or played his cards right, things could have been really good for us. But it just didn’t turn out that way.

*Sniff*, such a tragic turn of events....... no Not! She just tried too hard to be a star. There's too many good live recordings of Deadboys' songs from that era that she ruins with that crowing she calls 'singing'.

But really, I just think it's nearly impossible to have a duet with Dax. His voice is just too dominating and unique so, no matter how good a singer you are, it doesn't really fit in.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:37 pm

StrangeSpaceCadet wrote:

But really, I just think it's nearly impossible to have a duet with Dax. His voice is just too dominating and unique so, no matter how good a singer you are, it doesn't really fit in.

I agree. I'm sure it can be done, it just has to be the right person. I'm not sure it needs to be done though. face
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 5:27 pm

I've been giving people Dax CDs at my work who were curious and I've had some of those people make comments that the the girl he played with ruined some of the songs. I found humor in that because a person who has never heard of Dax is a pretty unbiased source.
Back to top Go down
kza

kza

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:23 pm

ive never heard anyone try a duet with dax lol. just back up vocals. i think the backing vocals work good on a few songs..evil friend and heart in hand especially. or maybe dax is just do good i like them despite the additional crappy vocals idk :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:56 pm

"Played his cards right" I laughed.

Anyway, she can blow me.
Back to top Go down
gotiis

gotiis

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:57 pm

Her shit talking in that interview reminds me of a girl after a breakup telling everyone her ex has a small dick. I dont believe a fucking word she said.

I dont doubt that Dax was hard to work with because DBATEM was his baby at the time. I wouldnt want my drummer fucking my overall vision for the band up either.

She sounds like a kid at the playground being confronted and lying her ass off to save face.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:18 am

I always thought she was talentless and annoying
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:05 pm

gotiis wrote:
I dont doubt that Dax was hard to work with because DBATEM was his baby at the time. I wouldnt want my drummer fucking my overall vision for the band up either.
That's fine as long as you let the people you play with, know if this is everbody's band or 'one man's band with a bunch of people that are only there to play'.
I don't like Tess, but from the interview it sounded like she wanted to "contribute" more than just playing drums.
As for "Played his cards right" - we all ask ourselves "Why is Dax not famous?". I guess it's hurts more when you're so close to the flame.
Back to top Go down
daydream disaster

daydream disaster

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 am

StrangeSpaceCadet wrote:
Quote :
There is no doubt in my mind that had Dax been good to me or played his cards right, things could have been really good for us. But it just didn’t turn out that way.

*Sniff*, such a tragic turn of events....... no Not! She just tried too hard to be a star. There's too many good live recordings of Deadboys' songs from that era that she ruins with that crowing she calls 'singing'.

I think Johnette of Concrete Blond and Dax would sound AMAZING together! Just one song. I told Dax as much last time he was here. He seemed thoughtful...
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 3:53 am

gotiis wrote:
Her shit talking in that interview reminds me of a girl after a breakup telling everyone her ex has a small dick. I dont believe a fucking word she said.

She sounds like a kid at the playground being confronted and lying her ass off to save face.

youve no idea....you shouldve seen her POUTING cause people were talking to Dax all excited n shit (who wouldnt be) and shes just sitting in a chair at a table by herself. a few people afterwards i think had the "im drunk and shes in the band, so lets get a pic with her and those big tits" thing goin on. and ive seen those pics, and she couldnt look more fucking miserable. i was waiting for her to ask the damn people for money just to take a pic with her. the only time she didnt seem so cunty is when people who interviewed her would ask if she and dax were a "thing" or have ever been....then shed get that "im so much better than everyone, bow at my feet" attitude, like she had access to something the rest of the world didnt. its weird, shes fucking mental..... metal
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 5:46 am

night sky was the worst dax era by fucking far

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 7:45 am

agreed. but some of the lyrics and melodies on the album are perfect
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:46 am

Yep, but of every song on that disc, there is a better version out there somewhere. Be it live or as demo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 10:08 am

truth
Back to top Go down
Phool
Servant of Chaos
Phool

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 8:25 pm

douse wrote:
night sky was the worst dax era by fucking far

Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 6:09 pm

Doomchild wrote:
Yep, but of every song on that disc, there is a better version out there somewhere. Be it live or as demo.

I think this is mostly true, but I think the album version of Dressed in Smoke is the best I've heard. Same for Ancient Man probably. If you could point me to better versions, I'd love to hear 'em.
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:24 pm

BrentVegas wrote:
Doomchild wrote:

I think this is mostly true, but I think the album version of Dressed in Smoke is the best I've heard. Same for Ancient Man probably. If you could point me to better versions, I'd love to hear 'em.

better versions? all and any other than the ones on that shameful hot mess of a so-called album... yes
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 8:14 pm

The Velvet Songs... versions for instance are better imho.
Back to top Go down
BigBrother

BigBrother

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 8:49 pm

^ Agreed. Way better.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:25 pm

She was always very nice to me(I assume its because she thought I was so sexy) but I love dax so what he wants he gets but as far as all that stuff I heard it sucked on both ends and its better for all to be done and move on.
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:43 pm

gotiis wrote:

thumbsup you hit the nail on the head.,...
Back to top Go down
rockatansky

PostSubject: rocks   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:23 pm

kza wrote:
i noticed that she was in a new band called Au Ras Au Ras and they have a new album out. anyone listen to it? i was thinking of buying it but i havent really seen any reviews
Back to top Go down
rockatansky

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:24 pm

youtube it it rocks
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:58 pm

I didn't like what I heard.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:36 pm

this sucks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tess Brunet
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Riding the Worm-
Jump to: