At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LotusCordova
aka batonrougeart
LotusCordova

At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album Empty
PostSubject: At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album   At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:24 am

Super excited to hear some new ATDI, but in a way it just seems to be back peddling for what they have become. The Mars Volta have, in my opinion, written such epic, mature albums, and going back to ATDI seems like the skillset they have developed, just won't be utilized. BUT with that being said, what I have heard of the new songs, for this last Mars Volta album, isn't a shadow of their prior albums. It just lacks the emotion and feeling. My guess would be the fact that Omar didn't write everything for this album like he has done with the past albums. I think it was his brainwork that made the band, and stepping back, just took away from the complexity. When you compose everything, and show each musician parts to play, and they don't even know what part for what song, or even if it was for the Mars Volta or Omar's solo music...it's going to be a madness made from one man, and others just carrying out the mission.
I hope the album, in whole is good, because, I really love those guys music.

The end.
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album   At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:03 pm

I heard about this a few weeks ago.

In my opinion, Mars Volta is a super talented band. Some of their shit blows my mind. For example, 'The Widow', even though it's one of their least intricate songs, it has one of the sickest melodies that gives you goosebumps. Their technical stuff can be a bit much to try and comprehend after only one listen, but if you can get past that they are pretty cool.
hide

Now, At the Drive-In on the other hand, is a different story. They rock my balls so fucking hard that my pants get tighter whenever I even think of "Relationship of Command".
jerk

I really hope that any new material they write and/or record ends up as intense, driven, beautiful, and perfectly chaotic as Relationship of Command was or better.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album   At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:30 am

I never really cared for At The Drive-In, but love Mars Volta. "Frances The Mute" is a master piece. Once I spent like four days playing a Tetris clone on my pc up to a skill level that made it feel like martial arts whilst listening to that album on repeat. I don't do drugs of any kind (except for the occasional/rare draw on someone's blunt), but that was a fucking trip. :D
Back to top Go down
LotusCordova
aka batonrougeart
LotusCordova

PostSubject: Re: At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album   At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:19 pm

I got into the Mars Volta before at the drive in, so I suppose that's why I'm biased. I'm right there with you on the widow....Id heard pieces of their first album, but I saw the video for the widow, and was blown away, song just sucks you in. I guess that's why I didnt get into the band sooner, because you almost have to enjoy the album as a "whole".
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album   At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 4:46 pm

will be checking out ATDI because i've never heard them! any suggestions on how to start? (guess not the new one, huh.)
Back to top Go down
LotusCordova
aka batonrougeart
LotusCordova

PostSubject: Re: At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album   At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:08 pm

I'd say relationship and command, their last one. It's their best in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album   At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At the drive in, back together.....and this last Mars Volta album
Page 1 of 1