Doomchild
mamamoonie
Admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
aka Thy Demise

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Dax Riggs - Dividing Down the Sunlight

I Hear Satan
Say Goodnight To The World
You Were Born To Be My Gallows
Let Me Be Your Cigarette
My Heart Awakes Screaming
Like Moonlight
No One Will Be A Stranger
Gravedirt On My Blue Suede Shoes
Sleeping With The Witch
I'll See You All In Hell Or New Orleans

Taken via Myspace.
Back to top Go down
mamamoonie
hexavalent headtrip
mamamoonie

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:14 am

The man can make song titles that are awesome...

EDIT: and songs, duh.... 👅
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:50 am

Damn, I hope, this'll be out soon.
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:50 pm

anyone know the release date yet?
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:09 am

The guy's stalling for all I know. lol
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:16 am

i willing to bet in a least a month or two it will be out... gotta remember everyone.. they are trying their best lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
aka Thy Demise

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:20 am

theres not even a mention of anything about it on the fat possum site, and hes not touring, he may as well not even have a label. he should just start recording live shows from the board and pick the best versions of the songs he likes and have those mastered, throw it on a cd and call it a day.
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:24 am

unless he is label shopping, that itself can be time consuming......
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:34 pm

Admin wrote:
theres not even a mention of anything about it on the fat possum site, and hes not touring, he may as well not even have a label. he should just start recording live shows from the board and pick the best versions of the songs he likes and have those mastered, throw it on a cd and call it a day.

That yould be a very WANS-thing to do. And I liked that one the least.
Back to top Go down
Admin
aka Thy Demise

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:17 pm

songs or production? i liked the production on wans better that bol, it better suits him, he doesnt sound great with that overproduced studio vibe. i think all his home demos came out just fine. everything on golden songs sounds better than wans or bol to me
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:32 am

Hm that's an interesting opinion. I never really thought that someone might prefer that home-demo sound over a studio produced album.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:42 am

I love the sound of WSOOBOL. And those musicians were awesome. I think amazing songs like Dax's need top notch production. And by that I don't mean million dollar pro-tools trickery, but a good band, a good studio, good amps and mics.
Back to top Go down
Admin
aka Thy Demise

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:57 pm

i think they need appropriate production, that doesnt mean it has to be 'good'. to me blood or love was way over produced and his vocals clashed with it, i think every (decent) live boot sounds better, all the emotion was lost on the album, to me. i also much prefer the if this is hell demo to the studio album, the songs just had such a perfect vibe to them and alot of that changed with the better production. im not saying it all has to sound like it was recorded with a boombox in the middle of the floor. but dax isnt the type of person that sounds as good with polished recordings. i also dont know if its just his performance that changes causing this, obviously he would be more into it by jamming it out than sitting in front of a mic tracking in vocal lines. shrug
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:54 pm

Admin wrote:
i also much prefer the if this is hell demo to the studio album, the songs just had such a perfect vibe to them and alot of that changed with the better production
yeahthat
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:43 pm

I just really dig that last album (except for the length of the songs). And on WANS I didn't like how Dax played the guitar, I didn't like distortion he used, I didn't like most of the drums at all, and I think much of it sounded to dry, too compressed and a bit muffled at times. (There are exceptions like "Dressed Up In Smoke", "Kissed By Lightning" or "Evil Friend".)

I too often prefer the ITIHIL demo. (Also because it's been in my heart much longer than the actual album.) But I also think, it actually sounds really good. Same with Velvet Songs... There are songs with or without a band, with or without drums and that awesome, weird version of "Spinning Song". And on the whole I dig the different sounds of this much more than the ones on WANS. Don't know, if that made any sense, but that's what was in my head. :)
Back to top Go down
mamamoonie
hexavalent headtrip
mamamoonie

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:05 pm

makes perfect sense to me. I heard WANS first, but it's my least favorite now. Honestly, ITIHTIL and Agents are my top-of-the-list followed BOL. Acid Bath isn't the same, it has it's own category. Full of awesome, but definitely a totally different feel from the rest.
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 3:18 am

yes i hope the songs will be longer on this one. :)
Back to top Go down
Sicklysweet
Succubus
Sicklysweet

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 11:32 am

I thought they posted a while back that it was going to be released sometime in July? Hmm

I really love quite a few of the new songs already. He did "See you in hell or new orleans" at the Dallas show and I was blown away. His voice sounds fucking amazing in that song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Recording Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recording Done   New Recording Done I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Recording Done
Page 1 of 1