douse
FormalinDance
9 posters
AuthorMessage
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:38 pm

I posted a new video. It is a cover of a Skinny Puppy song off of 1996's The Process album. It is called "Cult". I hope you enjoy it. An old friend of mine is the current drummer for Skinny Puppy (and has been since ~2003). I know they are going to see/hear it. So I hope they enjoy it too. lol.

Last edited by FormalinDance on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Sleep

j/k not bad, not bad
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:22 pm

lol

The first time I ever took Acid, I ended up listening to that Skinny Puppy song on repeat for 6 hours straight. I couldn't get enough. I had a similar effect with the song "Killing Game".
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:10 am

thumbsup

We have your av in poster form :) .
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:07 am

Me too. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:00 am

Hey everyone. These are from my show the other night. The whole set is up on my youtube page, in case anyone wants to see it. Here's a few that everyone's heard before...

I hope you all enjoy them. I pray that I do them justice. I am always skeptical when people cover my favorite bands. Suspect blunt
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:39 am

you ever do any other aic songs?

nutshell is so played out, you still did a good job on it though
Back to top Go down
kimbru
GodmadeConscious

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:41 pm

I liked your cover of what the stars have eaten. I was almost sure you were gunna fuck up the high parts. you didnt :)
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:55 pm

I was going to play Junkhead that night, but I was pretty high, and I forgot about it. I have done Got Me Wrong, and Sludge Factory. Once I have a band behind me that I am happy with, I am going to bust out Love Hate Love.

But yeah... I can play a bunch of AiC. It can be tough, because most of their shit sounds funny without the harmonies.
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 9:03 pm

These are from a show I played this Wednesday. Enjoy.

Back to top Go down
daydream disaster

daydream disaster

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 12:53 am

I totally dig that Skinny Puppy cover, very well done. I I heart Skinny Puppy! I've seen them live 50-60 times, probably because I never have to pay to see them, but also because I love them!
Back to top Go down
The Loach

The Loach

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:39 pm

What the stars have eaten was awesome. Definitely did it justice, I think.
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:58 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 12:47 am

I have seen a few of these shows now!
Much fun! I love seeing you play and hanging with your misses...
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 5:00 am

Draugr wrote:
I have seen a few of these shows now!
Much fun! I love seeing you play and hanging with your misses...

I love it when I have shows lately because I get to hang out with my 2 favorite people, You and Crystal. Best nights ever!  horns
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:52 pm

bananallama

Yahoo!!
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:34 am

Anyone still use that? ;)
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:20 am

I do. ;)
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 8:34 pm

This one is getting posted especially for Douse! Here is one that doesn't get covered often. This was the last song of the night, it was a spurt of the moment decision to play it, and my brother and I were WASTED!!! You can pretty much tell how good we were feeling. bluntbeerdrunkenbeernanas
I think it turned out pretty fucking good, considering. :)
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Here's a few more... Hope you like em.

Back to top Go down
BigBrother

BigBrother

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:01 pm

Wish I had the balls to sing in front of people. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks. :) 
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:50 pm

hmm. I guess you didn't like em. Which is cool. I don't expect everyone to like what I am doing. I would like a little bit of feedback though... The only way I can get better is if people tell me what needs improvement.

Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 2:38 pm

FormalinDance wrote:
This one is getting posted especially for Douse! Here is one that doesn't get covered often. This was the last song of the night, it was a spurt of the moment decision to play it, and my brother and I were WASTED!!! You can pretty much tell how good we were feeling. bluntbeerdrunkenbeernanas
I think it turned out pretty fucking good, considering. :)

yeah, you could tell you were buzzin pretty good on this one👍 , but you can tell you both were super feeling it, I think you did a good job here, I would be singing along if I was there

how does the general bar scene react to these songs when you play them?
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Surprisingly, they respond pretty well. The covers that I play, along with my originals, are arguably an aquired taste. The general public aren't usually fans of drug-riddled grunge/punk etc. BUT there are a lot of people that are fans of something I play usually. Regardless of how most people feel normally when they are listening to my music, I always get a really great response when I play live. (Usually for my voice, and song choice) But people usually see that I am feeling good and it makes them want to feel good with me. Honestly, it doesn't surprise me too much that I don't get a response on here, because it is something you almost have to be there to enjoy.
Long story short, I get good turnouts and feedback in person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strange Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Soul   Strange Soul I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange Soul
Page 1 of 1