MelancholyVGS311
optimistic-pessimist
scaredsquee
8 posters
AuthorMessage
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

this might be dumb but... Empty
PostSubject: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:08 am

i'm listening to "rocky mountain time" from the spanish moon 5.12.2007

at the beginning of the song dax is like, "shit let me try that again."

this cracks me up to no end. this might also be because i haven't slept in literally 40+ hours now but uh. are there any other .mp3s with false starts/fuckups, or of dax talking? i know i have an .mp3 of a "thing in a jar (messup)" too, but i can't remember any others.

oh. the one cover he did of the who, "mary anne with the shaky hands" or whatever that is, at the end he's like, "-laughs sorta- that's supposed to be the who. sorry"

so yeah, sorry if this is dumb/weird but i was just wondering if there's any other little messups or funny stories or something.

ps: my head hurts frankenstein
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:16 am

Yeah I remember several times he stopped a song, either because he screwed it up, or there were technical difficulties with the sound. It might take me awhile to dig some of those up, though. I'm in a training class right now, so I don't even have my catalog of music with me right now anyway. I'll try to get back to you on this.
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:21 am

cool, thanks. i dunno why i'm all so yes about it.. i'm sleep deprived and find things way funnier than they actually are. and no i'm not high.
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:24 am

No worries. I've been revisiting alot of my old tapes these past couple of weeks, trying to prepare to upload them all to http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/optimistic-pessimist

Who needs the Circus when I can post my shows there? :P
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:50 pm

I love the way he ends Let Me Be Your Cigarette here. Similar idea. Plus it's my favorite version of that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwBAazmYUgI
Back to top Go down
Admin
aka Thy Demise

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:13 pm

dax is always fuckin up. i dont think ive seen a show where he hasnt. id guess the majority of the boots youll find it, and plenty restarts. i find it hilarious and even more so that the crown usually goes crazy whenever it happens
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:03 am

MelancholyVGS311 wrote:
I love the way he ends Let Me Be Your Cigarette here. Similar idea. Plus it's my favorite version of that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwBAazmYUgI

AWWWWWWWW hahahahah that's so awesome. awesome video!! thanks for sharing!! horns horns horns i love it!
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 3:14 am

scaredsquee wrote:
cool, thanks. i dunno why i'm all so yes about it.. i'm sleep deprived and find things way funnier than they actually are. and no i'm not high.

I KNOW JUST WHAT YOU MEAN! i'm not high (really!) and i've been up for two days now (a nifty little thing called being MANIC AS SHIT) and i'm still not tired and everything's just groovy.

okay, what was i gonna say? oh yeah! roll everytime i hear the song Just Dropped In (to see what condition my condition was in), even when it's the MN version, at the end of the song i'm thinking "Mickey Newbury...he's in heaven....right". which is what dax at the end of a (kick ass!) version that he does. yeahthat
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 4:22 am

Quote :
everytime i hear the song Just Dropped In (to see what condition my condition was in), even when it's the MN version, at the end of the song i'm thinking "Mickey Newbury...he's in heaven....right"
Me 2 clown
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 11:46 am

I think I taped that one. :P
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 11:50 am

banrock Thank you for not cutting this finale
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:12 pm

optimistic-pessimist wrote:
I think I taped that one. :P

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

hey are you also the one who taped all the awesome videos at a show in Florida? (yeah, kinda vague but it's some of my favorites.) also let me know your youtube name so i can subscribe! if i'm not already. thanks luv! rabbit
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 4:49 pm

The Java Pit? I remember a discussion about it, but I don't remember if was resolved or not.

Most of the high quality audio recordings are Adam's.

Just Dropped In is one of my favorite Dax covers of all time. I get a kick out of listening to all of the other covers of that song on Youtube and thinking to myself "that's not nearly as good as Dax's version" lol
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:28 pm

No I usually don't do video. Been wanting to invest in a video camera, but I've spent so much on my audio equipment already!
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:00 am

Just make sure you get a camcorder with an Audio In and you'll be way ahead of the game. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:44 am

Unless I want to edit (EQ, etc) my audio before posting the final video, in which case it seems like I'd be adding an extra step... having to extract the audio from the video source and then re-splice it. I would have to experiment to see which method would be better.
Back to top Go down
Admin
aka Thy Demise

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:15 am

splicing audio is easy, id definitely just get something that records good video and not even worry about audio, you dont even have to take the old audio out you can simply mute it and slap the good audio in the workspace, line it up and youre golden. especially if both sources are uncut. the 4/24 vid i filmed has your audio and it took me like five minutes to do. the hardest part about working with video is just splitting. but i chapter it out when i go to burn the dvd then just rip the dvd back in raw data form, auto split by chapter and then just rename the files. theres only one video ive ever had not line up and it was ripped off an old copy of a copy of a copy vhs tape, so im pretty sure thats why. all digi work ive done has always lined up fine. ive seen some people record really good video off a cheap hundred dollar flip cam, biggest problem would be finding one that does good audio, but you already have that covered.

altho i certainly wouldnt try to do any video editing on your pc lol
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:32 am

^ Yeah I do have a little bit of experience with doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD5DYFa62pw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFdXAV_NiDM

Both were filmed with a Canon digital Elph camera, and the audio was recorded with my normal methods.

Really the only time I can imagine that I'd really NEED to avoid using a separate audio recorder is if I'm sneaking my camera into a show, and only have SO much space on me to get stuff through the door.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 10:08 pm

Admin wrote:
dax is always fuckin up. i dont think ive seen a show where he hasnt. id guess the majority of the boots youll find it, and plenty restarts. i find it hilarious and even more so that the crown usually goes crazy whenever it happens

Dax messed up Like Moonlight on one of the recent shows. I did think it was cute and we (the crowd) did go crazy  lmao 

One of the recent shows' recordings have St James Infirmary (May 10, 2014 at Spanish Moon) slightly messed up, not restarted but maybe missing a few lines. It's my favorite recording of that song. https://youtu.be/ZC4O9xCOXxQ
Back to top Go down
michealmoon

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 5:54 am

I like how at the solo acoustic show at Sidebar on 05-10-03, before starting "Fly On The Eye Of The Lamb", he mumbles under his breath, "this is gonna sound fucking FUCKED up" then laughs... haha... (I think that may have been the first time he'd performed that song solo)...
Back to top Go down
blacktea

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 8:06 pm

"musta... forgot to bring the paper... sorry..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this might be dumb but...   this might be dumb but... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

this might be dumb but...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Riding the Worm-
Jump to: