Doomchild
sunburnsucks
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

new agents album!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:27 pm

why doesn't dax (or whoever) use kickstarter? have some pretty sweet packages lined up for people who donate more $$$$$$ i've seen plenty of off-label or "small label" musicians get their albums made through kickstarter.

i don't care what band name its under, as long as dax keeps putting out new music, he'll be getting my monetary support = merch, shows, and free fucking beer batbanana
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:00 pm

Starting reading this and was OBVIOUSLY intrigued. I was excited. By the end, I felt kind of aggravated. Most active musicians I listen to today have several side projects AND have families. I asked Buzz Osbourne of the Melvins, Fantomas, etc., a couple of years ago in Brooklyn. "How do you do it? (the relentless touring, albums, side-projects for almost 30 years)" He said, "It 's not like I'm fucking digging ditches! People are fucking lazy. That's why we have gone through so many bassists. They were all great bassists. Although they were either more interested in getting fucked up, lazy, or Dale or I got sick of them. Of course I want my music to sell but not at the expense of my freedom. I love what I do and don't give a shit what anybody thinks of it. " (The Melvins pack decent venues after 25-30 years, got three albums on Atlantic (mid nineties) but gave them the big fuck off cuz they wouldn't let Atlantic dictate to them. Patten's label, Ipecac, allows them complete musical freedom. They are still relevant, all members have side projects, and maintain their integrity).

He and many others have said the same thing and are still making music, have families, producing, and make enough to have a decent life. I get the impression from these men that 1. They work hard. 2. It's not as hard when you love what your doing. 3. Ego/inflated pride results in nothingness. *EGO-Edging Greatness Out*

IDK- Would be wonderful. This rant is just a product of my impulsive plea to have what I think we all want. Don't know if I make sense. Just my initial reaction to:
JUST FUCKING PLAY! I'LL FUCKING PAY!! food
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:26 pm

You said it!!! Buzz pretty much nailed it on the head.

My music isn't known yet, but considering how much work I put into making my dreams come true, I feel like I have been playing music, and pursuing many different paths long enough to know what I am talking about. The point is this...

You can do anything you want to in life. ANYTHING. This cannot be stressed enough. If you want to be a painter, lawyer, philosopher, anthropologist, promoter, husband, father of three, and have 6 different musical projects... then do it. Sure.. you can say that it is easier said than done... and that is probably true. The fact is... it CAN be done. It all depends on how bad you want it. I can honestly say that it can be very difficult to accomplish all of the things that you want to. It even feels like it is nearly impossible at times, like sisyphus eternally pushing a boulder up a mountain. You may burn the candle at both ends on a daily basis. You may have a nervous breakdown from constantly setting your standards too far out of reach. You also may not be doing things for the right reasons, and the universe has a funny way of unraveling itself to teach you that lesson. My philosophy is... everything is as it should be. I guess what I am trying to say is... if you want something bad enough, you will make it happen. If that wasn't true, I wouldnt be going to school full time to get my
double BA in Philosophy and Psychology, working on 4 different musical projects, writing and recording material for my solo album, booking shows, designing merchandise, doing an apprenticeship for manual and CNC machining, working over 40 hours a week, applying for a certificate program for mechanical engineering, planning a wedding, and working on my record label, and still trying to spend quality time with my friends and lover. It can be done. Your heart and mind just needs to be in the right place.

Sorry for the rant. I just think that anyone who is planning on making a record should do it because they love it and want to, not have it depend on if it's going to make money or not.
2cents
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:51 pm

So funny. You replied as I was checking out your you tube channel!!! bang
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:09 am

Nice. horns
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:10 pm

The Melvins were here the day before yesterday. Alas, no money. :(
Back to top Go down
jbrianr

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:32 pm

Not seeing this happen, folks. It's sad because it would be great, but I can't imagine this is true.

It is my understanding that Agents actually had something to do with a contractual obligation in the first place, and If This is Hell... being released on Rotten definitely was.

Chuck Pitre was actually involved with the original Deadboy lineup. The first time I saw them he was in the group.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:46 am

well said... and welcome to the forums
Back to top Go down
jody

jody

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:08 pm

oh dear god jesus! all you nay sayers and negative minded assholes are partly the blame re-unions DON'T happen believe me this will happen it may be a good while like the the holliday season of 2012 or it may be within the next few months thats for dax to say because he is the only thing holding this back but unlike an acid bath re-union he actually is interested in an agents re-union he was in acid bath to get his self and his music ''out there'' acid bath was great and every member of that band band were like family but it truly didnt make dax happy he always perfered obscure and haunting melodies such as ''Dead Girl'' and ''Graveflower'' which is why he recoreded three different versions of ''Dead Girl'' and Agents had a perfect mix of Buzzsaw like riffs and haunting melodies agents showcased Dax's Vocal range far more than any other project minus if this is hell that shit was epic it almost made me forget all about the agents breakup but yeah I do believe in my heart that this will happen however don't expect a live tour or anything the most you can expect is a record and a deluxe edition of the record and maybe some merch such as t-shirts posters stickers etc. Dax told me at the tsunami show in Monroe last year that he has been thinking of doing another agents album but only one more and only under the right circumstances..whatever that means so yeah just be patient it's on the way the demos you guys somehow got a hold of and spread across the net like a virus...they werent even close to complete there were many songs missing from both of those demos which will more than likely be on the next agents album I know this because I have the demos in whole completion but for obvious reasons cannot share them..sorry but when the new album is done you will all be very pleased so just wait it out cool things come to those who wait my friends.. that is all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 7:44 pm

horns
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 8:34 pm

by the time i got done reading that post i was out of breath
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:28 pm

jody wrote:
Oh dear god jesus! All you nay sayers and negative minded assholes are partly the blame re-unions DON'T happen. Believe me this will happen. It may be a good while like the the holliday season of 2012 or it may be within the next few months. Thats for dax to say because he is the only thing holding this back, but unlike an Acid Bath re-union he actually is interested in an Agents re-union.

He was in Acid Bath to get his self and his music "out there." Acid Bath was great and every member of that band band were like family, but it truly didnt make Dax happy. He always perfered obscure and haunting melodies such as ''Dead Girl'' and ''Graveflower'', which is why he recoreded three different versions of ''Dead Girl'' and Agents had a perfect mix of Buzzsaw like riffs and haunting melodies. Agents showcased Dax's Vocal range far more than any other project, minus if this is hell - that shit was epic. It almost made me forget all about the Agents break up.

But, yeah, I do believe in my heart that this will happen. Howerver, don't expect a live tour or anything. The most you can expect is a record, a deluxe edition of the record and maybe some merch such as t-shirts posters stickers etc. Dax told me at the Tsunami show in Monroe last year that he has been thinking of doing another Agents album, but only one more and only under the right circumstances. Whatever that means. So yeah just be patient. It's on the way.

The demos you guys somehow got a hold of and spread across the net like a virus - they werent even close to complete. There were many songs missing from both of those demos which will more than likely be on the next agents album. I know this because I have the demos in whole completion, but for obvious reasons cannot share them. Sorry, but when the new album is done you will all be very pleased so just wait it out cool things come to those who wait my friends.. that is all.

I hope an album comes from them/him as well as the demo songs. It's like having two albums... I know I love hearing his songs progress and from what I've gathered, quit a few of us here feel the same way. Dax may not like having the demos out, but I do not think any less of the album if I like the demos more. If I do enjoy the demos more it's reassuring (to me) that I can enjoy where the songs progressed from.
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 10:05 am

more demos? you need to hook a brother up
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:11 pm

yeahthat

Most definitely. Sharing is, in fact, caring. hug
Back to top Go down
pulp

pulp

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm going to back this sharing motion. lol
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:58 pm

new agents album!!! - Page 3 252-69
Back to top Go down
pulp

pulp

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:23 pm

Do you like my Paint skills? I was talking to a friend about Neanderthals and elephants both having death rituals, and inspiration crept into my mind.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:35 pm

its some intriguing work i must say. maybe they will get you to make the new agents album cover art
Back to top Go down
pulp

pulp

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:57 pm

Well, shit. Let's get this masterpiece on over to Dax & co. ;)
Back to top Go down
BigBrother

BigBrother

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:42 am

I know this is somewhat old news but what's the word on this?

I'm guessing no?
Back to top Go down
jody

jody

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:54 am

BigBrother wrote:
I know this is somewhat old news but what's the word on this?

I'm guessing no?
yeah i dont know dax seemed to be on board but now i hear he has some sort of beef with mike for some reason.!!Can anyone confirm this?
Back to top Go down
skeetbomb

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Please for the love of music a new Agents album would be like treasure to me. I hope this happens...
Back to top Go down
daydream disaster

daydream disaster

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:08 am

This would be so very bad ass!

Dax has babies? Hard to picture! afraid
Back to top Go down
jody

jody

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:32 pm

daydream disaster wrote:
This would be so very bad ass!

Dax has babies? Hard to picture! afraid
http://www.tentativetimes.net/nostalgia/drueling.html
Back to top Go down
daydream disaster

daydream disaster

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:56 am

Wow, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new agents album!!!   new agents album!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new agents album!!!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next