+2
Doomchild
mushroomleg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:29 am

http://www.tomwaits.com/news/

Bad As Me is Tom Waits’ first studio album of all new music in seven years. This pivotal work refines the music that has come before and signals a new direction. Waits, in possibly the finest voice of his career, worked with a veteran team of gifted musicians and longtime co-writer/producer Kathleen Brennan. From the opening horn-fueled chug of “Chicago,” to the closing barroom chorale of “New Year’s Eve,” Bad As Me displays the full career range of Waits’ songwriting, from beautiful ballads like “Last Leaf,” to the avant cinematic soundscape of “Hell Broke Luce,” a battlefront dispatch. On tracks like “Talking at the Same Time,” Waits shows off a supple falsetto, while on blues burners like “Raised Right Men” and the gospel tinged “Satisfied” he spits, stutters and howls. Like a good boxer, these songs are lean and mean, with strong hooks and tight running times. A pervasive sense of players delighting in each other’s musical company brings a feeling of loose joy even to the album’s saddest songs.

Bad As Me available October 25th.

Bad As Me Tracklisting

01. Chicago
02. Raised Right Men
03. Talking At The Same Time
04. Get Lost
05. Face To The Highway
06. Pay Me
07. Back In The Crowd
08. Bad As Me
09. Kiss Me
10. Satisfied
11. Last Leaf
12. Hell Broke Luce
13. New Year's Eve

fukkin' A...
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:46 am

mushroomleg wrote:

fukkin' A...
yeahthat

The private listening session was mint. :)
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:41 pm

horns

is it October 25th yet?
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 1:54 pm

how'd it sound, man?

if you had to compare it to two of his other albums making love while another one of his albums jacks-off in the corner and watches, what would they be (in terms of sound/songs/atmosphere/etc...)?
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:53 am

Back to top Go down
michealmoon

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:18 pm

can't wait!!!... (obviously)...
Back to top Go down
The Loach

The Loach

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:24 pm

badasme.com

L0b-o1fm7

hope you get in ;)
I really like it a lot
Back to top Go down
The Loach

The Loach

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 12:11 pm

seriously, it expires tomorrow, I hope ya'll are listening.
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:41 pm

The new album is as good as anything he has done... Love it so far :D
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Shitty titties! I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. :(
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Doomchild wrote:
Shitty titties! I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. :(

Slacker... get on it pfft
Back to top Go down
The Loach

The Loach

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:01 pm

I got it today. On amazon, if you buy the bonus tracks separately you save a few bucks.

Totally great. I played Hell Broke Luce in the car ride to work and it pissed off one of my co-workers.

Here's a few notes.

1. Brother man has never been in a war.
2. You can't call the song asinine without knowing what Tom Waits has done.
3. When you get into the rock 'n' roll hall of fame, I'll start giving a fuck what you think, Brother Man.

Almost ruined my day.....copacetic is the name of the game, these days
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 12:38 am

i'm a little disappointed in this album.
no other waits record has been received w/ such a lukewarm response by yours truly...
Back to top Go down
The Loach

The Loach

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:27 am

After a few spins, I give it a thumbs up. I don't really care for Back in the Crowd. Get Lost/Chicago/Hell Broke Luce = Awesome. After You Die sounds like it would be fun to play.
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:26 am

mushroomleg wrote:
i'm a little disappointed in this album.
no other waits record has been received w/ such a lukewarm response by yours truly...

I had that same lukewarm response at first, but knowing the tendency for Tom Waits' records to grow on me, I knew I should ignore my feelings of "this is just another pretty good Waits album with no surprises or standouts," and continued to give it a few more spins. Now I'm thinking that Bad As Me ranks up there among my favorite TW albums. Bone Machine is still king of the mountain for me, but this one's not too too far behind, actually. Lots of good stuff going on here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new tom waits... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tom waits...   new tom waits... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new tom waits...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Unrelated Bands-
Jump to: