Doomchild
jody
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Diseased

Diseased

Next Dax Album - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 3:25 pm

So I guess this tour is over? :(

I'm a musician...so...based on my musical experience, so many years of listening to Dax's music evolve, and psychic perception (that's right, bitches) I believe he's been trying to find people all this time that really fit what he ultimately wants to sound like. I think the Say Goodnight album was the culmination of all that searching, so I'm hoping they'll stick around, because that album was FUCKING AMAZING. I think he's gone back and forth on whether he thinks he should be in a band, but did all the acoustic solo stuff because he just wanted to be out playing, and kind of proved to himself he could do it on his own if he had to...then he somehow found these guys and that's a good thing too. Kinda like the old "you can't love someone else till you love yourself" thing?

Oh what the fuck am I blathering about...I'm always fucking sugared up and high.

By the way, Draugr...are you Brad's brother?
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:00 pm

What's the deal with Charley? Is he done with Dax?
Back to top Go down
The Loach

The Loach

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Yeep, quit the night the tour started. New guy kicks the shit out of those drums, though. The set was way more punk rock than it used to be, haha. Charley/Eastern Sea look like they're having a blast...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:15 pm

damn.
I liked charlie a lot.
but based on the videos i've seen of the new guy thumbsup thumbsup

hope they come 'round this way soooooon
Back to top Go down
daydream disaster

daydream disaster

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:43 pm

Dax says he wants to hit Denver up again around October, so I'm sure he'll hit up some other places.. Dax for my birthday! And he promises to be well rested so he can hangout with me more. afraid oops pfft cheers
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 3:03 am

Supernaut wrote:
When it comes out I will buy two.

why?
Back to top Go down
labattblueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:49 pm

jody wrote:
I think The Next Dax Album: should include the following tracks

Blackwave
Quiet Doom
13 Cannot Be Divided
Thing In A Jar
Filling Empty Holes
In The Aeroplane Over The Sea (NMH)
And maybe he could shock everyone by doing a revamped version of ''Venus Blue''
Aeroplane isn't needed. A studio version can't top the live acoustic version from the 5-12-2007 Spanish Moon show. The whole show used to be on YouTube but it looks like it might have been taken down. There were two sources from this show if I remember correctly. I can't find the better source (audio only) anywhere. I've still got the FLAC/mp3 on my iPod.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:21 pm

or the 1-8-04 Aeroplane...pretty much all slow tempo versions...
Back to top Go down
Diseased

Diseased

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:41 pm

I think I might have it...

Why yes in fact I do...

Draugr...I think I asked this on another thread...are you Brad's brother?
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:40 am

no I am not.
Back to top Go down
kza

kza

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 5:31 am

that spanish moon version of aeroplane over the sea is great. i have like 20000 live dax songs, is there any other ones that stand out like that one? i myself really enjoy 8/8/03 heart in hand, 6/1/06 evil friend and 6/16/07 lungs.

this is kinda off topic but ive always wondered why dax never plays dead girl live
Back to top Go down
Diseased

Diseased

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Hmmm...I don't know...next time you go to a show you should scream "Play Dead Girl!" from the crowd and see what happens... devil
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 6:54 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Song

Song

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 7:10 pm

kza wrote:
this is kinda off topic but ive always wondered why dax never plays dead girl live

Ever hear Dax play any Acid Bath song live? How about an Agents of Oblivion song?

No? See a correlation there? The man has been a musician for almost 20 fucking years. He has released 7 studio albums and performed countless live shows over the years, sacrificing anything like a "normal life" so he can stay on the road. I don't think he wants to be defined by that one song.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are some copyright issues.

Back to top Go down
kza

kza

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 7:17 pm

yea i dont think its really possible for dax to play most acid bath or agents songs since hes no longer in those bands....dead girl is a solo acoustic song...and now he does solo acoustic sets sometimes....thats why i was wondering...i dont think hes in danger of being defined by that song lol
Back to top Go down
The Loach

The Loach

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Diseased wrote:
Hmmm...I don't know...next time you go to a show you should scream "Play Dead Girl!" from the crowd and see what happens... devil

lmao
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 12:15 am

to kza..He honestly doesn't remember it. He says if he forgets a song he doesn't bother relearning it because he's usually working on new songs.
I can't remember the show but someone yells play dead girl and he is talking to himself and says "I don't remember it..I really don't..."
So when I asked him about that he confirmed it as truth.
Sadly for all of us dax has forgotten more songs than he has recorded songs on albums.
Back to top Go down
BigBrother

BigBrother

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 10:10 am

^ This?

I've heard people yell Dead Girl and this one show I went to someone even yelled out Cassie eats cockroaches. facepalm
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 8:49 pm

That looks right to me...

lol@dax playing Cassie
I would love to hear a slow acoustic version of that song or maybe do an acoustic Jezebel...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 7:45 pm

PLAY GRAVEFLOWER, DAX, PLEASE! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 10:18 pm

I don't think it's unreasonable for people to want to hear Dax play some older stuff. Of course it's totally up to him to decide what he will and won't play, and it's up to the audience to determine whether or not to support him by attending his shows. I'd go watch him sing anything, but I do have to admit that the songs from Say Goodnight have been done to death at this point. He has a pretty extensive catalog of songs to choose from, but rarely goes back to anything pre-Night Sky era, and even that is mostly limited to Stop, I'm Already Dead.

I go to a decent number of shows, and Dax covers less of his own career in live performances than any other artist that I know of. I'd never be the one calling out for Dr. Seuss is Dead, but you'd think it might be fun for Dax to resurrect some older songs like Waking Up Insane or Fly on the Eye for some live shows. And those of us in the crowd would love it, of course. Just doesn't seem to be the way he does things, though, which is a shame...
Back to top Go down
Song

Song

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:32 pm

I would love to hear Waking Up Insane, Evil Hides, Barefoot in the Dark, Evil Friend... don't know why he doesn't play those. I don't think he likes to rehearse. Just a guess.
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:45 pm

He likes to move forward... Once in a great while he gets a hair up his ass to play an older one here or there though. Maybe it'll happen on one of these acoustic shows this time.
Back to top Go down
BigBrother

BigBrother

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 11:57 pm

That would be nice.
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:39 pm

whatever, i say...i havent seen him since '08....id go to just listen to a bowel movement...(theres some sarcasm in that, i swear....)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Dax Album
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next