cjist1
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cjist1

cjist1

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:50 pm

Anyone going to the NYC shows the 6th and 7th of May? I got my tickets already for both of those. Looking forward to a little road trip.
Back to top Go down
SanitaryRefuse

SanitaryRefuse

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 1:26 pm

I'd love to go to both, but realistically I can probably only do the 7th. But still, I'm a fighter... I shall see what can be done about making both. :)
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Yea man. Bout to leave now. I'll be in brooklyn tomorrow also. I got a "Sleep" tour shirt with a pic of Tony Iommi (The Diety) on the front yes
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:11 am

damn, mike, wish i could hit a show with yous!!! if you ever wanna see some original strange shit, come on down south! you'll want to bring a camera. lol

hope all's well with you! I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:43 am

ScaredSquee went last night...said it was awesome
Back to top Go down
cjist1

cjist1

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:56 am

It was awesome. Looking forward to tonight.
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:01 pm

cjist1,

Look for me man. I have a Melvin's shirt on. I will probably be be the board trying to "accomplish something for the greater good". thumbsup

~mike d from jersey

Pam, don't tempt me, i'll show you an entirely new meaning to the saying "dirty Jersey" and i'll bring a nice repitore of Chalie Manson's music twisted Was very fucked up in my head last night over what we discussed. Was talking to Dax about it and he said "Heartbreak hotel" was for me last night. lonely That was very fitting. So nice of him, made me feel so good I had to hold back the anger and tears :( :)

Last nite was a good night, thanx to Dax. Seriously bang
Back to top Go down
cjist1

cjist1

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:26 pm

I will keep an eye out for ya, im wearing an Isis T with the octopus on the front.
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:48 pm

miked_for_doom wrote:

Pam, don't tempt me, i'll show you an entirely new meaning to the saying "dirty Jersey" and i'll bring a nice repitore of Chalie Manson's music twisted Was very fucked up in my head last night over what we discussed. Was talking to Dax about it and he said "Heartbreak hotel" was for me last night. lonely That was very fitting. So nice of him, made me feel so good I had to hold back the anger and tears :( :)

DIRTY JERSEY!! lol2 actually it sounds rather interesting. ;) i've never done anything naughty with Charlie's music! lol he wasn't too bad a song writer really. but anyways!
cannot wait to see dax again! he's cool as a fan. glad you got to talk to him.

and i'm glad you're talking to people about stuff. i think that would help get it out of your head so much. glad you're somewhat okay!! it helps me a little to just try to be angry about things like that. won't help in the long run but you can think of it as a bandaid you can rip off later when it's not so fresh. anyway, you know you're in the company of friends. luv you babydoll. I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:13 pm

miked_for_doom wrote:
Was very fucked up in my head last night over what we discussed. Was talking to Dax about it and he said "Heartbreak hotel" was for me last night. lonely That was very fitting. So nice of him, made me feel so good I had to hold back the anger and tears :( :)

Sorry you're having a hard time puppy dog eyes I hope it gets better soon.

Glad to see you posting! You should do it more thumbsup

That's horns that Dax helped you feel better!
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:30 pm

miked_for_doom wrote:
Was very fucked up in my head last night over what we discussed. Was talking to Dax about it and he said "Heartbreak hotel" was for me last night. lonely That was very fitting. So nice of him, made me feel so good I had to hold back the anger and tears :( :)

just lovely. real glad you had a good night! hug
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:24 am

hey strangers,

met mike and chris at saturdays show. as usual, i was blown away by the shows, and i'm still kind of in the clouds. chris was kind enough to buy the 3 of us (chris, dax, me) a shot of maker's mark. thanks again, man :D

i probably should be sleeping (rob is passed out next to me) but i'm pretty awake and combing through pictures. i have to edit them, and i'll probably get them up later tonight (we'll see how long this no-tired business lasts) and when i get them up, a link will be on my FB and i'll post a link back here.

it was awesome meeting you guys (mike and chris) and i'm so glad i was able to go to both shows. if these NYC shows were say last weekend? i wouldn't have been able to make it, as i had finals/lots of school shit to do. it worked out really well.

i got the set list from saturdays show (dax signed it too) but he didn't go by the list at all so it's not accurate haha i'll try to remember to scan that in at some point, too.

how's everyone doing?

edit: and done:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scaredsquee/sets/72157626680651650/
pearls
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:51 am

great pics squee!! horns horns i'm so jealous. pfft heh, you're high off dax!! lol that happened to me when i saw him. never thought i'd sleep again.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:59 am

bang bang bang Great pics! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:07 am

yeah! your pics ROCK!
Back to top Go down
cjist1

cjist1

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:08 pm

Awesome pics, thanks for sending them to me. The one of you, Dax and I turned out really good. Here is the pic I took of Mike D (Miked for Doom) recordeing the show for all of us.

NYC shows Imag0412
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:27 pm

horns
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:58 pm

Squee and Chris, it was really really great to meet ya guys in person! Sorry, I didn't get to hang out more with ya. I looked for ya guys at the end of the show but by the time I got done cleaning my stuff up, finish talking with Dax, and getting away from some geeked up chick, i guess you guys headed back for your long trip home.

Squee, the pics are fantastic. I'm glad Brooklyn was good to you and was a smaller venue cuz I know you had trouble getting close to Dax with all the Neanderthal-Bigfoot motherfucker's in front of you at the Mercury Lounge. I wish some guys would respect the girls who are smaller in stature and at least let you stand in front of them. Fucking shitheads. Based on the pics, it looked like you had no problem and I'm happy for you. sunny

Chris, thanx for the pic bro, that was nice of you. thumbsup BTW, that's Noah from WSOBL tour next to me (behind me in the pic). He's got some side projects happening and was telling me Andy would be back in town the day after the show. (yea, that WAS Andy on Letterman) :)

Kim and BD, thank you. You girls are sweethearts. I heart

As for the recording, I will have it in due time. Dax sounded great, recording came out ok. As mentioned earlier, between being emotionally drained, having to move by 5/28, and work continuing to slam me with more and more patients, I'm having a tough time just showing up right now. I promise to get the show to you all as ASAP. I'm actually sitting on another Dax show from last time, just having rough time keeping my head above the waves. :(
Thanx for your patience.
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:00 pm

yay michael!! you're cute as shit. ;) wish i could've been there. no
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:21 pm

Yea, wish I felt that way right now. Thanx Pam. I heart
Wish u were there too!!!!

If I listen to "jezabel" or "cassie eats cockroaches" any more my speakers will melt.
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 1:20 am

I want Mikes Melvins shirt. Bad. :)
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:32 am

mike you were awesome to meet! i'm so glad we got to chat! i hope things are looking up for you, you're a cool dude and deserve the best! i'm sorry you were cut out of the picture, my lens isn't a zoom lens so there has to be a certain amount of distance between the camera and the subject in order to fit everything into view, rob couldn't get everyone in and felt bad that he nearly blinded us all (it was so dark in there)

next time we'll get a picture, i promise! we tried looking for you afterward too, but i think you had left already.

--

after the brooklyn show, i found out that there was an upstairs to the club and so i wandered up there and found dax talking to some people. they left to go with some bar owner who said he'd buy us all drinks if we came to the bar (with dax.) dax signed a poster for the bar owner, he was like, "i signed it twice for you." which was pretty funny to me.

that's when chris came up (cjist) and the 4 of us were talking.

FYI: if you're going to see dax at any upcoming shows, bring your own rolling papers... no one had any on them, so that was a missed opportunity... so, just so you know for next time whistle

then after a little while being upstairs, we walked downstairs and outside, the bar was closed. chris left and maybe 5 minutes after that dax came out and he asked if we wanted to go to that other bar, and we obliged. kevin walked with us too. it was a good night.

Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:58 am

FormalinDance wrote:
I want Mikes Melvins shirt. Bad. :)
I was thinking the same thing. :D
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 11:20 pm

We used up all of daxs papers in Chicago(true story...)
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 2:12 am

Draugr wrote:
We used up all of daxs papers in Chicago(true story...)

Yeah... and that stain was definitely still there in Madison as well.  I was pretty proud of myself for being able to roll up those on the spot.  I havent rolled up a joint in a long ass time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NYC shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC shows   NYC shows I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NYC shows
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next