Draugr
HellfirE
DiamondEyes
12 posters
AuthorMessage
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:26 pm

alright, dax kills it when he plays in the south. I was sooooo excited to hear that he was coming to MI (grand rapids, shit venue, long ass drive but i was willing) well i didnt get to go cause thats the story of my life. but i youtubed it, and my fucking god. he played all the songs i wouldnt want to hear live again, and i get hes comfortable down home, but why even bother if its gonna be so stiff and....i dont know....i guess you just gotta watch what i did. I hate to say it, but im actually glad i didnt waste all the gas money i didnt have and a 3 1/2 hour drive ONE way to see that shit. God i hate saying bad things about dax....
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:21 pm

i drove many hours to a show in chicago at shubas tavern that was fucking epic.. and ive seen dax play a not so good show in atlanta.. i think it has a lot to do with the venue and how he happens to be feeling that day.. all musicians have some bad shows.. its bound to happen.
how many times have you seen him live?
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:35 am

Every show I have seen up North has been amazing. That Schubas show was a classic. I have seen him maybe 20 times now and they all slay. The last 3 I just saw for the new album may have been his best stuff I have seen to date. horns
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:22 pm

[quote="DiamondEyes"]... and a 3 1/2 hour drive ONE way to see...quote]

It's at least that long of a drive every time I see him (8+ times). Only last time was I lucky enough to have him at a venue only an hour away.

I'm pretty sure he's been playing the same exact setlist for all of the shows the past few months. I wasn't disappointed with the Mobile show, but I did get used to seeing shows in LA which he plays so many different songs.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:35 am

I wouldn't mind driving 3½ hours. ouch
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:57 am

Doomchild wrote:
I wouldn't mind driving 3½ hours. ouch
arr
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:46 am

3 1/2 ain't shit! haaha I drove from NC to Atlanta to see him the first few times (51/2 hrs); and did the Ala/Ga/NC trifecta this past summer...3 states in 3 days...totally worth it, every time.
Back to top Go down
ThyDemise

ThyDemise

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:31 pm

three hours isnt all that bad ive driven from toledo ohio to new orleans a couple times that was a haul but worth it. ive also seen him in chicago wisconsin ohio and in ann arbor (which was a good show) and most shows are great but like everyone some nights are just off. i saw him in akron ohio two days in a row and first night was a mess second was spot on. shit happens not every show will be the same but i wouldnt say the northern shows are any less better than southern. to me anyway
Back to top Go down
dcfbama

dcfbama

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:38 am

Fuck i just wish i could see him play once deadhorse
Back to top Go down
tjstraker

tjstraker

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Luckily, I live just south of Austin tx, where he lives, so I've had the opportunity to see him twice so far. He's been playing a club in Austin on Tuesdays this month, I saw him last week, full band/electric set, it was amazing. He plays an acoustic solo set tomorrow, I may be going to that too! lol
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:08 pm

record it thumbsup
Back to top Go down
tjstraker

tjstraker

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:36 pm

i'd love to record it, if i had the means, i don't keep with technology, hence i have no gadgets capable of recording the show
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:52 am

KimmieRae70 wrote:
3 1/2 ain't shit! haaha I drove from NC to Atlanta to see him the first few times (51/2 hrs); and did the Ala/Ga/NC trifecta this past summer...3 states in 3 days...totally worth it, every time.

kimmie you are the QUEEN of live shows! you're no slacker when it comes to music. hope you're gonna come back over here this year. (i'm assuming that dax will come again.)
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:02 pm

darlin, I would LOVE to!!
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:17 pm

ThyDemise wrote:
three hours isnt all that bad ive driven from toledo ohio to new orleans a couple times that was a haul but worth it. ive also seen him in chicago wisconsin ohio and in ann arbor (which was a good show) and most shows are great but like everyone some nights are just off. i saw him in akron ohio two days in a row and first night was a mess second was spot on. shit happens not every show will be the same but i wouldnt say the northern shows are any less better than southern. to me anyway
you went to that horseshit in ann arbor?! yeah i was there...thats when that guy punched me in the face and i got kicked out trying to find the fuckin bathroom...fuck MI
Back to top Go down
ThyDemise

ThyDemise

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:28 pm

hah yea. the show itself was good but the place and all the people were shit. i certainly agree and have said the words 'fuck MI' more than a few times.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:10 pm

We drove 4 hours one way and spent like $600 to see him play 1/2 an hour. It was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:40 pm

ThyDemise wrote:
hah yea. the show itself was good but the place and all the people were shit. i certainly agree and have said the words 'fuck MI' more than a few times.
I miss seeing you at Chicago shows... :(
Back to top Go down
ThyDemise

ThyDemise

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:38 am

me too brother. i miss chicago in general every show i caught there was good.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:26 pm

We had much fun when you stayed up by me as well...Was that at the Cactus Club we saw him and then went to the scary house "party"? lol2
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:57 pm

I really want to see him play again and will probably drive a ways to do it. Hopeful he'll come back north again but...
Back to top Go down
ThyDemise

ThyDemise

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:11 am

devilmatt wrote:
We had much fun when you stayed up by me as well...Was that at the Cactus Club we saw him and then went to the scary house "party"? lol2

hah yea that was an interesting night. ill have to make a trip up that way again sometime.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:30 pm

scary house "party" in quotations? do tell...sounds like a story
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

south vs. north Empty
PostSubject: Re: south vs. north   south vs. north I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

south vs. north
Page 1 of 1