HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Anyone know what kind of gear....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

Anyone know what kind of gear.... Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know what kind of gear....   Anyone know what kind of gear.... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 3:35 pm

... that Jason(was that his name?) was using during the early deadboy era?
Back in early 03 when I seen them at the Spanish moon I remember
him having some sort of Roland pedal... I've recently started jamming
with an old friend and Im wanting to be able to pull off that violin/keyboard
sound with a guitar.. If any of you are familiar with Leo kottke or Andy mckee, I'm trying to get into the strange tuning that those guys do... Any info about achieving this would be great.
Btw, if you like acoustic and want to hear some phenomenal stuff, look up Leo kottke.. He tunes his guitar in a way that allows him to play rhythm and lead guitar parts at the same time.. It's freaking amazing.... Ive played his tracks to professional musicians and they didn't believe that what they were hearing was just one guy playing.. I get those goosebumps when I listen to his stuff just like when I listen to dax... Burn a few minutes and check it out
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what kind of gear....   Anyone know what kind of gear.... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 5:21 am

This thing?

I've been dreaming of having one of those Roland systems occasionally for as long as I know how to play guitar. (Requires retrofitting your guitar with a midi pickup btw.) At some point I got better. :) Nowadays I lust after stuff like this more:

Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what kind of gear....   Anyone know what kind of gear.... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 2:05 am

That pedal sure does have a ton of different effects.. Do you think "first deadboy album" sound is achievable?
I got to play on the best digitech pedal once before, rp2000 I think... Cool, but couldn't pull off that violin sound like I'm looking for... And it lacked in distortion and amp models.
I wonder if phool remembers what he used back then... Maybe goat would know

Edit: that second pedal is awesome
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what kind of gear....   Anyone know what kind of gear.... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 3:54 am

Dammit man... You got me all interested in those electroharmonix synth pedals and theyre EXPENSIVE lol... I'll figure it out somehow
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what kind of gear....   Anyone know what kind of gear.... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 5:14 am

I couldn't bring myself to fork up 230,- € for a Mel9 yet. But I've badly wanted one for quite some time now. shrug

I'm confident, if they used a Roland pedal back then, it was the one I posted. But if you look at it from today's standards (amp modelling etc) you should look at the newer ones, I guess.
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what kind of gear....   Anyone know what kind of gear.... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 10:16 pm

I'm really digging the key9 and c9 options.. I'm thinking they would be fun pedals to play on.. Especially with the strange tuning im tinkering with.... The mel9 is a no brainer for me... It's just a matter of saving up the cash.. it's a hefty price for a stompbox, but it does a lot of stuff

I'm gonna message phool tomorrow on fb and ask him about Jason's setup back then... I'm betting he knows or knows someone who knows
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what kind of gear....   Anyone know what kind of gear.... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 9:14 am

Please relay your findings. :D
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what kind of gear....   Anyone know what kind of gear.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 12:43 pm

I will :)
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what kind of gear....   Anyone know what kind of gear.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 4:12 pm

Well, phool doesn't know . but he's gonna ask around.. fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
musick

musick

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what kind of gear....   Anyone know what kind of gear.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 4:51 pm

Chris Gautreaux is real active on youtube, he's reponded to my comments more than once.  I would ask him there, he probably knows.

His yoututbe:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIZD1FPwK2Szze_JeDRPtDA

I'm pretty sure he also runs the  Project Riggs channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ProjectRiggs
Back to top Go down
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what kind of gear....   Anyone know what kind of gear.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 7:05 pm

musick wrote:
I'm pretty sure he also runs the  Project Riggs channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ProjectRiggs

Yeah... yeah, it's definitely him.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what kind of gear....   Anyone know what kind of gear.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 10:21 am

lol

Major props to Chris. Project Riggs is an awesome channel. face
Back to top Go down
monkeyshine

monkeyshine

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what kind of gear....   Anyone know what kind of gear.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 12:12 pm

Doomchild wrote:
lol

Major props to Chris. Project Riggs is an awesome channel. face

+1. Chris does a great job with Project Riggs!

firedevil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what kind of gear....   Anyone know what kind of gear.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know what kind of gear....
Page 1 of 1