the music of Dax Riggs and more

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Albums Dax has been on...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Syd001

Top 10 Albums Dax has been on... Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Albums Dax has been on...   Top 10 Albums Dax has been on... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:33 pm

1. Agents- So amazing nothing wrong with this album except Cosmic Dancer which they could have put a non cover on the album to make it perfect but it isnt bad not to call it #1.
2. We Sing of Only Blood or Love- I think this album brings out the real Dax the only thing is songs can be short. But completely epic none the less.
3. Say Goodnight to the World- Very great work very soothing and violent at the same time wish their was some changes like See you all in hell is better live than the album has more feeling to it in my opinion.
4. Acid Bath Peagan Torrorism Tactics- Musically & lyrically mature than the first AB album Dax got more imput than the first.
5. D&E If this is Hell Demo- Vocally better than the Dax Version
6. DaiseyHead- Would be my fav album by him the only thing stopping it is the bad quality.
7. D&E We Are Night Sky- Love the rawness of this album. Dax and Tess's voices go perfect with each other.
8. Dax If this is hell- I love the musical breakdowns and in my opinion waking up insane has a better feel than the demo version its like a perfect song only thing is wish it was mixed a little better.
9. Acid Bath When the kite string pops- Its good to hear young Dax and love all the songs just too much for me. Too much feedback at the start of several songs but Dax makes it amazing.
10. Agents Demo- Seems like their just testing out the songs to see if they work and at times u can hear Dax just coming up with the lyrics on the spot wish they could have put Riding the wormhole on the actual release instead of cosmic.

* I didnt add T Dax cuz alot of people would add that as # 1 since there r so many live recordings When bones turn to dust is one of my favs of his wish he would have recorded it in the studio but used lyrics from that to Noone will be a stranger. He is so good at covers but sometimes can try too hard like Yesterday.
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Albums Dax has been on...   Top 10 Albums Dax has been on... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:22 am

Cool post idea. I can't rank or quantify any of his stuff (too many variables-it all has a different rank at any given moment). It's more like "I want ten more albums yesterday".

Damn though, for me, if it wasn't for WTKSP, I don't think I would have given a shit about who Dax Riggs was. He had me at
"ACROSS YOUR FACE...."
firedevil evillaugh bang

So maybe this was the "most important" Dax album for me. (Can't forget Golgotha).
After that, I was hooked (including his take on "Yesterday")
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Albums Dax has been on...   Top 10 Albums Dax has been on... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:51 am

miked_for_doom wrote:
It's more like "I want ten more albums yesterday".
thumbsup exactly.
Good to see you posting MFD horns
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Albums Dax has been on...   Top 10 Albums Dax has been on... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 10:35 am

I love that you put Blood or Love right up at the top. That record STILL gets regular play around here, and I've worn out two copies. I'm on my third.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Albums Dax has been on...   Top 10 Albums Dax has been on... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Albums Dax has been on...
Page 1 of 1