AuthorMessage
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 11:41 am

I might aswell make a thread for this

There were only two negative things about yesterday's Uncle Acid gig:
1. It should have been longer goddammit and 2. The material was too sweet to go for another drink in the middle of it

I think that tells enough. They seemed to have improved, especially with the vocals. And I was right, they sounded so much better being the lead act and in a more intimate setting.

When they played Pusher Man:

Gig reviews GIF-bevis-butthead-devil-face-melt-headbang-high-horns-highhorns-horns-metal-psychedelic-wild-GIF

When they played Melody Lane:

Gig reviews Giphy

When they played Withered Hand Of Evil:

Gig reviews Giphy

I took some video when they played 'Inside', it was one of the only that wasn't so heavy that it required constant headbanging and rocking out

In conclusion, best gig I've seen in a long time bang I should have gone to Tampere to see them again today :D
Back to top Go down
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 11:51 am

Setlist was:

Waiting for Blood
Mind Crawler
Death's Door
Murder Nights
Poison Apple
13 Candles
Pusher Man
I'll Cut You Down
Crystal Spiders
Inside
Vampire Circus

Melody Lane
Ritual Knife
Withered Hand of Evil

I also got this shirt horns Too bad they ran out of the double LPs

Gig reviews 3EEQuFG
Gig reviews AR6q1ek
Back to top Go down

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 12:08 pm

horns

i regret missing them in the states.

the night creeper is my album of the year, so far
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 1:48 pm

bang Glad you had a killer time.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 2:37 pm

Sounds like a sweet night! horns
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Sweet dude! banrock A friend of mine wanted me to go with him and see Uncle Acid in Chicago this year, too bad i'm broke and couldn't go.
Back to top Go down
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 6:02 pm

Sorry you missed it thumbsdown
They put on a good show
Back to top Go down
phantom_fingers

phantom_fingers

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 8:39 am

Sounds like you had a blast, Rahkoi! arr Looking forward to seeing them in December, now!
Back to top Go down
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 11:03 am

Some random drunk dude who was jamming next to me fist bumped me, because we were the only ones really getting into it at that spot and I wasn't even drunk lol I'm not usually a get-at-it type, but when the music gets me I don't seem to give a shit about my surroundings :P
Back to top Go down
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:42 am

"Darling oh darling
It is the judgement day"

Kadavar, The Shrine et al. gig was yesterday. Hadn't been in this venue before so it was good to check it out with these dudes. Sound wasn't as tight and clear as in the Uncle Acid gig for example, but it was jamming nevertheless. Kadavar seemed like nice dudes and they played a good and long set.

Rarely does one get to see so much hair and so many beards for this price here. 'Black Sun' was playing in my head afterwards.

Cold guys from California aka The Shrine
Gig reviews A5duiQ5

Kadavar
Gig reviews X8ktPVQ

I rate the gig 4 beards out of five
Gig reviews Smiley_beardGig reviews Smiley_beardGig reviews Smiley_beardGig reviews Smiley_beard / Gig reviews Smiley_beardGig reviews Smiley_beardGig reviews Smiley_beardGig reviews Smiley_beardGig reviews Smiley_beard
Back to top Go down
phantom_fingers

phantom_fingers

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 10:34 am

horns Did Kadavar play Last Living Dinosaur and Fire?

Assuming you met Kadavar by your comment eek sunny batbanana
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 10:57 am

lol2 horns
Back to top Go down
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 11:12 am

phantom_fingers wrote:
horns Did Kadavar play Last Living Dinosaur and Fire?

Assuming you met Kadavar by your comment  eek sunny batbanana

They did play 'Last Living Dinosaur', but not 'Fire' unfortunately.

And I didn't really meet Kadavar because I didn't stay in the venue long enough for them to come down to the merch stalls. The other bands were there though. Kadavar just seemed nice on the stage and they seemed to enjoy playing to us.
Back to top Go down
phantom_fingers

phantom_fingers

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 11:17 am

Wunderbar horns LLD would have gone off live.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 11:27 am

lol  My sister and I use wunderbar a lot.
Back to top Go down
phantom_fingers

phantom_fingers

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 11:29 am

Das ist wunderbar, meine libechen! :D

(I tried to learn German once)
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 11:32 am

My sister took German in middle school. She only remembers a few random words. We remember wunderbar from Beerfest though.  lol2
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 11:34 am

One of my favorite quotes ever was from my sister about a local German restaurant. We were in our late teens. She said, "They'll probably have things there we can't pronounce, like sausage." Still makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 3:42 pm

lol

phantom_fingers wrote:
Das ist wunderbar, meine libechen! :D

(I tried to learn German once)

Almost. It would be "mein Liebchen", if it was supposed to be singular. And you might get the stink eye, because people might take it as derogatory and/or belittling. Or they'd let you off the hook, because they'd think you were a granny. face
Back to top Go down
phantom_fingers

phantom_fingers

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 11:05 pm

'things we can't pronounce, like sausage' lmao You and your sis are awesome, bd!

@Doomchild: Well, I better remember that if I ever hit Deutschland :P They might also let me off the hook because death stares pearls
Back to top Go down
Rahkoi
the princess
Rahkoi

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Gig reviews 1743751102
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 3:35 pm

lol2
Back to top Go down
phantom_fingers

phantom_fingers

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 10:34 pm

Achtung, babies!  :D

So...  from the first note of Waiting for Blood to the final reverbations of Withered Hand of Evil, I was completely transported and enraptured by the music. Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats were tight, brilliant, and their sound live is infinitely superior to the recordings. The set list was the same as it was in Finland, btw. Their energy was beyond intense. The mosh pit was fucking insane!

I was right at the front so got to interact a bit with Kevin, who a couple of times got right down in front of me- it felt like an invitation... I could have licked the tuners of his guitar, or just touched him, but I didn't because I am stoooopid.

On the way home the smell of a bush fire was so fitting- Uncle Acid totally scorched the earth with their sinister tunes. 13/10 rating. So damned impressed.

The only thing that would have made the gig better was if you guys could have been there to enjoy it with me!

Pic spam:

Gig reviews Uadec210

Gig reviews Uadec211

Gig reviews Uadec212

Gig reviews Uadec213

Gig reviews Uadec214

Gig reviews Uadec215

Gig reviews Uadec216
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 5:31 am

righteous horns
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 7:50 am

So fucking awesome  bang
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gig reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig reviews   Gig reviews I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gig reviews
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Unrelated Bands-
Jump to: