HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is any song better than Dead Girl?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Song

Song

Is any song better than Dead Girl? Empty
PostSubject: Is any song better than Dead Girl?   Is any song better than Dead Girl? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 3:40 am

Be honest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is any song better than Dead Girl?   Is any song better than Dead Girl? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 5:35 am

Bones of Baby Dolls
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: Is any song better than Dead Girl?   Is any song better than Dead Girl? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 12:49 pm

A bunch of songs, imo.

I'm not a big fan of the Agents version.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is any song better than Dead Girl?   Is any song better than Dead Girl? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Yeah, the AB version is better.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Is any song better than Dead Girl?   Is any song better than Dead Girl? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 7:12 pm

Song wrote:
Be honest.

Is any song better than Dead Girl? IBLrG
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

PostSubject: Re: Is any song better than Dead Girl?   Is any song better than Dead Girl? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 7:40 pm

I would say a bunch of acid bath songs are better. it's a classic for sure but it's kind of like "walk" to me. i usually just skip over it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is any song better than Dead Girl?   Is any song better than Dead Girl? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 8:00 pm

Did you just compare it to "Walk"? Man that's cold.
Back to top Go down
Song

Song

PostSubject: Re: Is any song better than Dead Girl?   Is any song better than Dead Girl? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 5:11 am

I guess from the perspective of someone who really likes metal, Dead Girl wouldn't be the best song. But I'm not really a metal fan.

I like every Acid Bath song. But all of the other great ones -- Bones of Babydolls, Paegan Love Song, Bleed Me an Ocean, Graveflower, Scream of the Butterfly, (insert your favorite) -- seem to rely on the horror/serial killer aesthetic. Dead Girl contains some of that, but it also transcends it. The song is contemplative, deceivingly complex (it uses 7 different chords and, I think, 2 different keys), and entirely original.

It's unlike every other Acid Bath song. In fact, it's unlike any other Dax song. I've listened religiously to everything Dax has done, still chasing the first high I got from hearing Dead Girl when I was 11 years old, waiting (sometimes) patiently for Dax to record something that matches or exceeds it.

I avoid it for long stretches of time so that when I hear it I can enjoy it. I typically go at least 6 months without hearing it. But when it comes on, i stop what I'm doing and dedicate my full attention to it. I can think of very few songs that demand my full attention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is any song better than Dead Girl?   Is any song better than Dead Girl? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 5:18 am

It's a great song, for sure.
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

PostSubject: Re: Is any song better than Dead Girl?   Is any song better than Dead Girl? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 10:22 am

Supernaut wrote:
Did you just compare it to "Walk"? Man that's cold.

In the sense that it's "played out" to me by now. Although I will say I skip over Walk about 97% of the time, and Dead Girl is probably more in the 50-60% range.
Back to top Go down
MaryKelly

MaryKelly

PostSubject: Of course there is!   Is any song better than Dead Girl? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 4:44 am

I mean all of Dax's songs are awesome but some are in fact a bit better than others. Waking Up Insane and Barefoot In The Dark rate a lil better than Dead Girl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is any song better than Dead Girl?   Is any song better than Dead Girl? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is any song better than Dead Girl?
Page 1 of 1