Dark Night Of The Soul

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Tekro.mancer
aka Johnny Tek
The Tekro.mancer

Dark Night Of The Soul Empty
PostSubject: Dark Night Of The Soul   Dark Night Of The Soul I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:35 am

If you guys haven't checked this out yet then do yourself a favor and give a listen to Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse's album Dark Night Of The Soul. It's frequently very dark musically and reminded me instantly of some of the feel of the new Dax sound. Not so much with the vocalists since almost every track is sang by someone different, like Frank Black and Iggy Pop to name a couple.

For an extra level of special creepiness it's got David Lynch singing on it. He also did all the artwork for the massive tome of a book that comes with it. I can't recommend this enough. Even if you don't listen to the whole thing at least go YouTube the title song.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Dark Night Of The Soul   Dark Night Of The Soul I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:55 am

Danger Mouse horns

Gotta check that out.
I liked Broken Bells. That's in my car stereo right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Night Of The Soul   Dark Night Of The Soul I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:42 pm

I have this album. Haven't listened yo it since I got it. shrug it's got such great reviews, I don't get it I guess
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Dark Night Of The Soul   Dark Night Of The Soul I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:25 pm

The Iggy Pop song is great, and there's definitely a familiar vibe to it.
Back to top Go down
The Tekro.mancer
aka Johnny Tek
The Tekro.mancer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Night Of The Soul   Dark Night Of The Soul I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:04 am

Yeah, I'm stuck on it right now. Funny thing is I was looking on Amazon earlier and saw that people who bought the new Dax cd also bought Dark Night...so I guess a lot of people already knew what was up.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Dark Night Of The Soul   Dark Night Of The Soul I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:13 am

Interesting. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Night Of The Soul   Dark Night Of The Soul I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Night Of The Soul
Page 1 of 1