the music of Dax Riggs and more

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbeezy

was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era? Empty
PostSubject: was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era?   was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:52 pm

if you listen to dax live in 03 especially, his voice more often than not is so smooth and beautiful, his tone was phenomenal. When I listen to it it reminds me of why I knew he could sing like no other. WSoOBoL era often didn't sound quite so nice. I know he said he was in a darker place, but to me it sounded like he must have been smoking cigarettes or something, or maybe was way too sober in the recording sessions.

anyways, I got my new album in the mail today, and I'm really happy that his voice once again sounds smooth as it used to. Not quite as intense compared to live still, but I'm very happy with the tone

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sicklysweet
Succubus
Sicklysweet

PostSubject: Re: was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era?   was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:33 pm

It would seem that he's a regular smoker and has been for quite a while. I'm not sure, but every time I've seen him live i've seen him smoke, and there's tons of pictures of him holding cigarettes.

Back to top Go down
bigbeezy

PostSubject: Re: was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era?   was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 pm

I don't know about that, not only have I read in interviews about him quitting cigarettes in his teen days, I once saw him pretend he was a fighter jet shooting some guy with machine guns, saying that smoking cigarettes is bad for you

I could be wrong, but it seems like his tone gradually started losing something around the time he went to jail, OR started doing a lot of touring. My guess was that either his voice got a little worn from touring, or from picking up a cigarette habit and/or inability to smoke as much weed/not tripping as much

There have been the occasional shows where he didn't sound as good as always, and I knew at least something had to be up. With WSoOBoL, at first I thought maybe it had more to do with the shorter-term circumstances of the recording session itself, why he didn't seem to be as in tune with his voice as always, but it seems like for a period he sounded rougher than usual.

dont get me wrong, at a certain point he started to get better than ever, and hearing the new record I am very happy

the reason I am so curious is because I also want to sing, and currently am very hit or miss depending on circumstances such as what I've mentioned. I hope this doesn't come across too ridiculous and that somebody understands what I mean, and maybe has some input
Back to top Go down
Sicklysweet
Succubus
Sicklysweet

PostSubject: Re: was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era?   was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:43 am

Off topic:
I guess I don't pay attention. What was he in jail for? Hmm
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era?   was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:53 am

yeahthat

i'm kind of curious too. but if he doesn't want it being talked about or anything, then my dumbass can stay ignorant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era?   was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:59 am

he didnt go to jail during the time you are speaking of......unless it was an overnighter
Back to top Go down
bigbeezy

PostSubject: Re: was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era?   was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:16 am

Sicklysweet wrote:
Off topic:
I guess I don't pay attention. What was he in jail for? Hmm

the same innocent "crime" many of us have probably been to jail for lol

bigbeezy wrote:
batonrougeart wrote:
he didnt go to jail during the time you are speaking of......unless it was an overnighter

well, if you know the incident I'm talking about, then thanks that's at least one piece of the puzzle

if you're not sure what incident I'm referring to, well I doubt he was there for long anyways, I was more referring to a probational period where he might have possibly picked up a cig habit, but that's all speculation, and I'm not trying to get too much into his personal life I'm just trying to figure out what affected his voice[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era?   was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

was dax smoking cigarettes or something during the WSoOBoL era?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Riding the Worm-
Jump to: