noelle
Sicklysweet
Cracka Lacka
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Cracka Lacka

Cracka Lacka

Another new interview (Paste Magazine) Empty
PostSubject: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:16 am

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2010/08/catching-up-with-dax-riggs.html

[MOD-EDIT]Changed title so people dont accidentally re-post this interview - HellfirE
Back to top Go down
Sicklysweet
Succubus
Sicklysweet

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:36 pm

I think that's one of the best interviews i've read in a while. He seemed super honest and really into it. Usually his interviews come across like he doesn't really want to be talking to the person, you know? hahah

Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:48 pm

I really enjoyed this interview, especially this part:

"Riggs: There really wasn’t a difference other than just wanting it to be different, wanting it to be more soulful, more—I guess in the end wanting it to be a little more punk, a little more proto-metal. And really also wanting to stretch out in areas with like a transcendental, droning kind of vibe on some songs. And more of a baritone, crooning voice on a lot of it, instead of always singing really hard—which I kind of always do live just because I, just kind of lose my mind. But at home, when we’re recording, I can pull it off. So, I think that’s what’s different about it. And I’m definitely—I’m in a different spiritual state of mind writing this record than I was the previous one. The previous one I was really in a bad place mentally. And now I feel like I’ve come to some understanding of God, in the way of it being the universe, and us being God, us being the conscious extension of the universe. We are pieces of the universe. We are the universe standing up and looking at ourselves, and saying, “Wow, that’s beautiful.” And it’s like the universe consciously looking at itself—that is us. And so, to me the only thing that matters is love. We’re all the same thing. And, I kind of, I had an epiphany. I had a spiritual revelation, and that’s how I feel now. So, I think a little of that might be in the music, but I don’t know, it might not. (Laughs)"

Just beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:39 pm

Nice.
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:45 am

Sicklysweet wrote:
I think that's one of the best interviews i've read in a while. He seemed super honest and really into it. Usually his interviews come across like he doesn't really want to be talking to the person, you know? hahah

Good stuff.

yeahthat

the part about building a little house around that lyrical idea = I heart i don't know why, but it was just oddly cute. pearls
Back to top Go down
cjist1

cjist1

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:20 am

Here is the entire interview, it was edited to shorten it up a bit for Paste.

http://nounandverb.org/2010/08/10/a-conversation-with-dax-riggs/
Back to top Go down
monicahebert

monicahebert

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:37 pm

awesome interview. i enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
bionicanna

bionicanna

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 5:30 pm

that was deep.
Back to top Go down
The Loach

The Loach

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:46 am

Yeep- pretty good. Made me cringe when they talked about New Orleans. I think he's right though- a call for blood isn't asking too much.
Back to top Go down
deadsouth

deadsouth

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 1:12 pm

bionicanna wrote:
that was deep.

heh, this is Dax were are talking about right?? I think you should chill on the kool-aide.
Back to top Go down
bionicanna

bionicanna

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:12 pm

deadsouth wrote:
bionicanna wrote:
that was deep.

heh, this is Dax were are talking about right?? I think you should chill on the kool-aide.

but i'm soooooo thirsty. it really struck a chord with me coz i was talking about some of those same things with another artist last week...kevin max. i hope he and dax meet someday.
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 4:26 pm

wow that was another epic interview. thanks for posting it here cracka lacka and thanks for the full-version cjist1 horns i hope this band lineup stays together for awhile...
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:10 am

Great interview horns
Back to top Go down
GangstaPeech

GangstaPeech

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:49 am

The best interview that I have come across so far. I love the part where he talks about hearing something and you "gotta have it"..."devouring sound"...that's exactly how I feel about his music...but I don't really take the time to think that he feels that way about others....I mean..he isn't laying on his bed weeping while he listens to Bones Turn To Dust.....he is moved by other artists...and it's so cool to think that all of those other influences, light and dark, come together to make this very smooth thing...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 7:38 pm

cjist1 wrote:
Here is the entire interview, it was edited to shorten it up a bit for Paste.

http://nounandverb.org/2010/08/10/a-conversation-with-dax-riggs/

whistle Does anyone have access to this?
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 5:44 am

That site is gone altogether.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another new interview (Paste Magazine)   Another new interview (Paste Magazine) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another new interview (Paste Magazine)
Page 1 of 1