jody
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

any news on the next album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: any news on the next album?   any news on the next album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 5:05 pm

arr
Back to top Go down
IrisOblivion

PostSubject: Re: any news on the next album?   any news on the next album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 3:30 pm

I got a new phone and found it is much easier to upload videos to YouTube so I put up videos of the two new songs he has been playing live lately- Mutant City Girl and Bethelhem.  The video quality is not great but it's worth watching to see how "in the zone" he is during this performance.  He's all about tapping that foot but at this show he's practically dancing.  Especially during Mutant City Girl.  It's so adorable.  

It's from a show in New Orleans on May 9th 2014

Last edited by Doomchild on Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Took the liberty to do the [youtube] thing. ;))
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: any news on the next album?   any news on the next album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 11:16 pm

IrisOblivion wrote:
I got a new phone and found it is much easier to upload videos to YouTube so I put up videos of the two new songs he has been playing live lately- Mutant City Girl and Bethelhem.  The video quality is not great but it's worth watching to see how "in the zone" he is during this performance.  He's all about tapping that foot but at this show he's practically dancing.  Especially during Mutant City Girl.  It's so adorable.  
https://youtu.be/TZhDgNbVink
https://youtu.be/UKCBqakQ-g8
It's from a show in New Orleans on May 9th 2014

Woah these both sound awesome! thanx for posting these vids.
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: any news on the next album?   any news on the next album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 11:47 pm

And btw this version of mutant city girl is by far my favorite that i've found so far on youtube. those vocal melodies at the end of the song are so fucking good!
Back to top Go down
IrisOblivion

PostSubject: Re: any news on the next album?   any news on the next album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 12:43 pm

cosmicfreakout wrote:
And btw this version of mutant city girl is by far my favorite that i've found so far on youtube.  those vocal melodies at the end of the song are so fucking good!

Thanks, I am glad I was there to experience the magic and that I could share it with people who appreciate it.  I went to his show at the end of last month in NOLA and was planning on uploading some more videos to my account but haven't done it because the show was not up to my expectations and he did not play either of these two songs.  I have another version of Mutant City Girl from 4-20-13 on my youtube, but I agree with you that this one is the best.  It is cool to see his songs evolve and will be interesting (when he finally does get around to recording and releasing it officially) to hear his final decisions on the tempo and cadence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: any news on the next album?   any news on the next album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 5:19 pm

I'd like to see Hangman's Fee on the next album. Real neat to compare to an earlier version. And Dax's version of this song is haunting.

cheers
Back to top Go down
phantom_fingers

phantom_fingers

PostSubject: Re: any news on the next album?   any news on the next album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 7:36 am

elysa wrote:
I'd like to see Hangman's Fee on the next album. Real neat to compare to an earlier version. And Dax's version of this song is haunting.

This.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: any news on the next album?   any news on the next album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 9:09 pm

Here is the studio version of 30 Century Man (scroll through the song list)

http://undertheradarmag.com/news/premiere_songs_from_montague_terrace_a_tribute_to_scott_walker_album_stream

I heart

And here live 2012 30th Century Man and also and Been Alone so Long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: any news on the next album?   any news on the next album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 11:24 pm

I like that Scott Walker cover.
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: any news on the next album?   any news on the next album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 8:31 pm

elysa wrote:
Here is the studio version of 30 Century Man (scroll through the song list)

http://undertheradarmag.com/news/premiere_songs_from_montague_terrace_a_tribute_to_scott_walker_album_stream

I heart

And here live 2012 30th Century Man and also and Been Alone so Long.
Yay!!!!  I've been looking for that studio version of 30 century man forever but couldn't find it!  I listened to it on my lunch break at work a long time ago but never bookmarked it and couldn't remember what it was called.

thanx alot! arr
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: any news on the next album?   any news on the next album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 10:30 am

hyper

any news on the next album? - Page 2 Daxrec10

Dax recording with the dancing boys of Austin, TX, Charley Siess (drums) and Kevin Fitzsimmons (bass).

Kevin - https://instagram.com/wildfitz/

Charley - https://instagram.com/chuckysmokestax/

And the rumor has it that full band shows are on the way!!

drunken drunken I heart I heart dance dance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: any news on the next album?   any news on the next album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 10:47 am

It's a bit late/early to play an April Fools prank isn't it, Dax?
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: any news on the next album?   any news on the next album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 11:09 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any news on the next album?   any news on the next album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

any news on the next album?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2