FforFake
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:07 am

I liked the Dangermouse comparison. I hadn't thought of that, but it kinda makes more sense now that "See You In Hell..." is my favorite track. :)
Back to top Go down
Godless667
Not Quite the Antichrist
Godless667

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:23 am

scaredsquee wrote:
as i asked on fb, does anyone know of any good windows media player alternatives? winamp is too complicated for my shit anymore, it's so cluttered and ugly and i don't use the browser part at all, so i don't want to use winamp. itunes is too slow for a non-mac PC, so what else is there? do i have any good alternatives that are just simple fucking media players without all the bells and whistles? halp plz.

I like foobar2000.
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:20 am

yeahthat
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:23 am

Like most music I dig, it takes a little while for a good album to to set in. SGTTW is no doubt there. The album is very dynamic in that each song sounds so different from the rest. This is not necessarily a bad attribute. Just wondering if this was do to the different production techniques in each song.

With all the talent Dax has, I wish he would put more albums out. His songs change so much, (i.e. Sleeping with the Witch, Blood Music etc.) he could easily put out more albums and I know we would be MORE than happy to buy them.

Good to have a new album and tour clown
Back to top Go down
deadsouth

deadsouth

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:20 pm

scaredsquee wrote:

as i asked on fb, does anyone know of any good windows media player alternatives? winamp is too complicated for my shit anymore, it's so cluttered and ugly and i don't use the browser part at all, so i don't want to use winamp. itunes is too slow for a non-mac PC, so what else is there? do i have any good alternatives that are just simple fucking media players without all the bells and whistles? halp plz.

batbanana

VLC Media Player FTW

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:23 pm

i use VLC horns
Back to top Go down
deadsouth

deadsouth

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Back on topic. I'm still not feelin it...
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:05 pm

man, i dug your review, dmtfivefive. good shit AND i happen to agree with ya on pretty much all of it. i don't find the new shit "dry" at all. OF COURSE seeing dax play live is a fucking religion and a highly desired thing (it = the chance of experiencing that one of a kind kind of treasure Beercan was referring to..), BUT his studio recordings allow him to play and explore and i, for one, am completely and utterly enamored with this release.
Back to top Go down
bigbeezy

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:05 am

I am very happy with the new recording. While many of the songs aren't nearly as good as live, his vocal tone is very good, sometimes exceptionally great, the production is good, and the music is good. It isn't quite as powerful as AoO and ITiHTiL, but definitely better than I was afraid it might be. I love it, and am very happy about it in many ways.
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:11 am

Godless667 wrote:
scaredsquee wrote:

I like foobar2000.

wait it's only in beta? is that bad because they're still working out bugs? i have no idea what beta really means shrug
Back to top Go down
dmtfivefive

dmtfivefive

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:24 am

I'm glad you liked my review guys. Thank you. The other thing to keep in mind is the listener's proclivity to favor the first versions they hear of songs. this happens with many musicians whose shows get taped and passed around. It stands to reason that we would prefer the studio recordings if we heard them first. I to this day still prefer the album version of Dog-Headed Whore over the live version, perhaps because it's better or perhaps because I heard it first. Hard to see the forest through all the trees sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Godless667
Not Quite the Antichrist
Godless667

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:14 am

scaredsquee wrote:

Godless667 wrote:
I like foobar2000.

wait it's only in beta? is that bad because they're still working out bugs? i have no idea what beta really means shrug

"Beta" just means "work in progress". If that scares you you can download the "Latest Stable Version" (1.0.3) from the downloads page instead of going with any of the "beta" versions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:52 am

the other day I made a dax mix cd heavy with songs from say goodnight to the world. took it to work and then took it upon myself to remove 'valleys of neptune' from the cd player in the pirate hippies workshop/room where we get high, nothing much was really said about it...flash forward to today, i go in there and dude is jammin it blunt banrock
Back to top Go down
quiet_doom
a fine mess
quiet_doom

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:53 am

bang
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:53 pm

@ dmtfivefive: is that a real phenomenon? makes sense...HOWEVER, I much preferred the version of Forgot I Was Alive I heard him do live as opposed to the album version...I suppose every rule has it's exceptions, huh?
Back to top Go down
dmtfivefive

dmtfivefive

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:17 am

Haha yes there are always exceptions. It's just that people have a habit of getting attached to the first things they hear often times.

That being said, I almost shit myself at the majesty of "Walking Stick" when I saw Deadboy in Tuscon in 2005, after I got WANS. That live verions owns the album version, even though I heard the album version first.

[MOD-EDIT] combined double post - HellfirE
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:43 am

oh god, the live version of "walking stick" is orgasmic.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:31 am

dmtfivefive wrote:
That being said, I almost shit myself at the majesty of "Walking Stick" when I saw Deadboy in Tuscon in 2005, after I got WANS. That live verions owns the album version, even though I heard the album version first.
I agree. I also loved the demo Walking Stick.
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:38 am

still haven't heard it.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:39 am

that's funny you mention that song..i hated and would actually skip walking stick when i first got night sky...now it's one of the best songs on the record to me...and i don't believe i've ever heard a live version. is there one on here in the boots section?
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:17 am

KimmieRae70 wrote:
that's funny you mention that song..i hated and would actually skip walking stick when i first got night sky...now it's one of the best songs on the record to me...and i don't believe i've ever heard a live version. is there one on here in the boots section?

currently the boots section doesnt have any working links in it.. were working on that situation.
though, you could put up a request in the media forum.. someone might be able to help you. shrug
i would, but im waiting on the media forum to come back to get my collection going again.
i know now to back-up all things dax bangheadwall
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:19 am

kay, i'll put my feelers out there....letcha know if i find it..thx!
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:40 am

i have one, but i don't know where/how to send it. if you give me your email i can probably just zip it and send it through there?
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:43 am

oooh, really!?!?!?! THANK YOU!

kimmierae70@yahoo.com hyper
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:26 pm

scaredsquee wrote:
i have one, but i don't know where/how to send it. if you give me your email i can probably just zip it and send it through there?
http://megaupload.com
you dont even have to zip it up thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say Goodnight to the World   Say Goodnight to the World - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say Goodnight to the World
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next