Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

Russian Circles Empty
PostSubject: Russian Circles   Russian Circles I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:53 pm

Anyone into them? I caught them last November in Baton Rouge and they're coming back next Friday. Looking forward to it!

Death Rides a Horse: http://www.box.net/shared/vk449xcfsz

Fathom: http://www.box.net/shared/zho0s2qm4u
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Russian Circles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russian Circles   Russian Circles I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Wow, I never heard of them. That's exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for at the moment. Very inspirational. horns
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

Russian Circles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russian Circles   Russian Circles I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:28 pm

bang

Btw check out my friend's old band, Epic. You may like them too.

http://www.archive.org/details/Epic2008-06-28

Keep in mind this set was deliberately slower and more chill than usual. I still need to upload one of their more typical sets.
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

Russian Circles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russian Circles   Russian Circles I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:49 pm

... and you know, Pelican, right?

http://www.archive.org/details/pelican2009-05-22.flac16

(Btw I realize these are different styles of music, but Russian Circles seems to me to be somewhere in between what Epic played and what Pelican played, so I thought I'd suggest them too.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Russian Circles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russian Circles   Russian Circles I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:02 am

Yeah, Pelican are great too. Out of all the instrumental bands I know, my faves are Red Sparowes and Godspeed You! Black Emperor. So anything along those lines is bound to be interesting for me.

I didn't like Epic that much. They might have to tighten things up a bit. And some of the improvisations were off key. I didn't care for the piano much. But decent on the whole.
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

Russian Circles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russian Circles   Russian Circles I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:32 am

Haha. Yeah... I hear that about the keyboardist a lot. Most of their shows had less improvisations and were tighter all around. This was an odd show for them, where they were stuck in the back of a room to play as "background" music while the crowd faced the other direction and watched an old Hitchcock silent film. But they're not together any more anyway. The bassist moved to Tennessee with his girlfriend so she could pursue her music career.
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

Russian Circles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russian Circles   Russian Circles I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 8:57 pm

Muthafuck...

Russian Circles had an accident on the highway on their way to Baton Rouge. Drums and transportation are toast, so they canceled. thumbsdown

Glad they're ok, though. Hopefully they'll come back through Baton Rouge again soon.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Russian Circles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russian Circles   Russian Circles I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:13 am

optimistic-pessimist wrote:
Muthafuck...

Russian Circles had an accident on the highway on their way to Baton Rouge. Drums and transportation are toast, so they canceled. thumbsdown

Glad they're ok, though. Hopefully they'll come back through Baton Rouge again soon.
Wow that sucks. I know you were looking forward to seeing them. Did the whole show get canceled?
I have no idea what they even sound or look like.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Russian Circles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russian Circles   Russian Circles I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:14 am

Need to check out stuff in your first post...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Russian Circles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russian Circles   Russian Circles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Russian Circles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Unrelated Bands-
Jump to: