kza
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Tess Brunet - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 8:03 am

I get a strange disgruntled vibe from this. Maybe I read too much into it, but I think she still has some unresolved issues with Dax. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 3:46 pm

kind of sounds like a night sky dud
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 12:54 am

scratch
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:48 pm

I didn't mind some of the music, but the singing is just painful and doesn't fit the message of the song at all.

I agree with the disgruntled comment... it's in a sad place though - either step over the line or step back.
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:04 pm

I too, got the feeling that her stuff is angsty toward Dax, but I thought I could have been looking into it. It could be angsty toward another boy. That may be her m.o. with interpersonal relationships. shrug
Back to top Go down
skully

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:08 pm

garbage. big ol titty restin on the guitar lol
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:00 pm

skully wrote:
garbage. big ol titty restin on the guitar lol

Hahaha

thumbsup
Back to top Go down
JustinGraves

JustinGraves

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:28 am

She was supposed to sing certain parts, by the end she was singing the whole song with Dax, she also made it so Under Black Umbrella didnt make Blood or Love, which was a great song, she was always nice to me, signed my shit, but c'mon this is dax's show, notice how he changes up line ups like underwear? its cause people dont do what he wants or needs, hes like anton from the BJM just a lot nicer lol
Back to top Go down
Oriah

Oriah

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:46 pm

I thought her singing on "we are the night sky" was an interesting backdrop to Dax's singing.  night sky was a strange album to be sure, but I've always liked it...it always had an "I smoked too much grass when I wrote these songs" feel, but it's fun.  I never heard much of Deadboy and the Elephantman live, but at least on the album it didn't seem like she was trying to steal the show...but I'm sure there's a lot I don't know....I've never seen Dax live.

At any rate, her drumming is good, and she's hot.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:37 pm

Yeah, you're right. She's hot. :D
Back to top Go down
ressha

ressha

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:01 pm

DiamondEyes wrote:
"... so lets get a pic with her and those big tits"
funny you say this as critique, cuz I allways thought that your tits were the
highlight of your being.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:08 pm

Tess Brunet - Page 3 34-1910
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:44 pm

I almost tried to stifle my laughter, but then realized I'm at home, people online can't hear me.
Back to top Go down
13FingerPaintings

13FingerPaintings

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 4:54 pm

kza wrote:
why dont people like her? i dont know the backstory

This is only hearsay from the Skeletal Circus days, but I heard she was a dick to fans who wanted to talk to Dax especially the Acid Bath fans.

Also, back in the day of myspace, in the profile of her first post-deadboy band, she had the balls to claim that she "was the driving force' behind DBATEM"... So take that as you may.

That aside, IMO she was the only real mistake Dax has made in his career. Her drumming is largely forgettable, simplistic and bland and her presence when they were a two piece served more to bring about unnecessary White Stripes comparisons. Most of the songs had already been written by Dax before she joined. While I do enjoy 'We Are Night Sky' from time to time, it is simply the weakest album in his catalog, mostly in terms of consistency.
Back to top Go down
BradTheImpaler

BradTheImpaler

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 11:29 pm

Song wrote:
You know there's nothing going on in the Dax Riggs world when someone starts a thread about what's-her-face six years down the road.

I just came across this and I'm tired and moody so what the heck:

That's just absurd. Deadboy & the Elephantmen were a part of Dax's career, and it would only make sense to expect that people would be curious about what caused the change. There are people still discovering Acid Bath after two decades, so that and what became of them will come up in their conversations. There are also people who similarly discover and wonder what became of DatEM or Agents. That only speaks to the way past bands fronted by Dax have resonated today (in Deadboy's case, apparently, despite Tess), which doesn't necessarily reflect on current projects (if it does, it reflects positively).
Okay, I've said my piece.
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:30 am

13FingerPaintings wrote:
kza wrote:
why dont people like her? i dont know the backstory

This is only hearsay from the Skeletal Circus days, but I heard she was a dick to fans who wanted to talk to Dax especially the Acid Bath fans.  

Also, back in the day of myspace, in the profile of her first post-deadboy band, she had the balls to claim that she "was the driving force' behind DBATEM"...  So take that as you may.  

That aside, IMO she was the only real mistake Dax has made in his career.  Her drumming is largely forgettable, simplistic and bland and her presence when they were a two piece served more to bring about unnecessary White Stripes comparisons.  Most of the songs had already been written by Dax before she joined.  While I do enjoy 'We Are Night Sky' from time to time, it is simply the weakest album in his catalog, mostly in terms of consistency.  

This is my question: Who gets more of the blame....Tes or Dax for thinking jamming with someone who can't drum and isn't musically creative or talented was a good idea? TBH, I think it's a wash and quite possibly, Dax should get more of the heat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:33 am

Best drummer in the world!
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:37 am

You forgot background vocalist too...how fucken dare you!!
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:09 pm

i wonder if dax and tess were bangin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 7:06 am

he wax at least holdin a titty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 1:20 pm

I just recently heard some of the songs on We Are the Night Sky. And I thought Tess was Dax's girlfriend when I've seen their picture outside the RX store.

shrug Kinda cool he jammed with a chick, but I wish the experience was better.

I am annoyed nearly any time someone backs Dax on vocals. ( Walking Stick  confused )
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:06 pm

And here is the way better demo of that song. :D

Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:09 pm

Another one:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Doomchild wrote:
And here is the way better demo of that song. :D

Somehow I haven't heard all of Dax yet  shrug 

Yey

flower
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:18 pm

Finding new old stuff is awesome. I love it when that happens. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tess Brunet   Tess Brunet - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tess Brunet
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Riding the Worm-
Jump to: