The Loach
Phool
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Phool
Servant of Chaos
Phool

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:32 am

Growing on me.
Back to top Go down
The Loach

The Loach

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:25 am

Didn't even know it was out. I'll check it out now.
Back to top Go down

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 1:54 pm

i like it better than down III
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Sweet! i didn't know it was released already. Down III was was my least fave down record but it still had some pretty dope songs. I loved N.O.D. from that one.
Back to top Go down
gotiis

gotiis

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 2:27 pm

I get mine 2marrow. horns
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:50 pm

I got it in the mail today. Be checking it out any minute now...
Back to top Go down
gotiis

gotiis

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 1:07 am

I dont love it...yet. Ever since down II, it takes me a few sit throughs to love new down albums. But, so far for me, I'm only really feelin' the 2 songs that I heard before it came out. B-sides are usually my favorites, but so far I'm not feelin' it. Just seems like you can tell by the way everything sounds, that these guys are gettin' old. Also, I heard down say "everyone says this album is as heavy as NOLA". In parts musically, maybe. But vocally, no! Not that his singing sucks, but I miss the screaming.

Maybe Phil's solo release in march will be heavier. pray

Damn, I'm hungry for a NEW Dax album! food
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:16 am

I really don't get "This Work Is Timeless", but the rest is mint. horns
Back to top Go down
beercan
Blackness in my Blues
beercan

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Ordered, but waiting. I'm not gonna bother finding it online, so I can unwrap it and listen to it with the case in hand.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 5:57 pm

picked it up today...i dig it, its good, its just not super good. i'm sure it will grow on me more and more as well
Back to top Go down
gotiis

gotiis

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:14 am

I've discovered the secret. PLAY IT LOUD!!! ITS AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:53 pm

Back to top Go down

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:57 pm

horns
the music on the album is excellent.
some of the vocals seem to kind of take away from it though
Back to top Go down
The Loach

The Loach

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:51 pm

Yeah, I'm a Phil booster through and through but this is really distracting.
I'd rather have a whole album of straight Pepper riff-age.
Back to top Go down

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:22 pm

I love NOLA and like Down II, but I thought Down III sucked dick (trust me, I'm an expert on dick sucking). I'll check this out.
Back to top Go down
gotiis

gotiis

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 4:51 am

Down II is my favorite, but III is really close. The only song I didn't like from III was mourn. Nothing in return has great personal meaning to me. I don't understand why so many people hate down III.
Back to top Go down

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:15 pm

I didn't hate it

the first two were excellent though
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:32 pm

I went to go see them the 23rd of Sept. and got kicked out after the 1st band played......second time ive been kicked outta that venue....fucking bullshit.....
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:15 pm

what happened?

you're not one of those annoying dipshit concert goers are you
Back to top Go down
gotiis

gotiis

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:05 am

She probably broke some poor alpha males finger nail in the mosh pitt and he went and tattled. bawl

Mosh pitt chivalry is truly dead. shrug
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:06 am

i just dont see how you can get kicked out of a venue 2 times without doing something not stupid
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 8:37 am

Maybe it was her boyfriends fault, like at the movies. ;)
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:09 am

it could be, but if that was the case, if i was diamondeyes, i would never let him go anywhere in public with herself ever again because he seems like a total doorknob, heh
Back to top Go down
hatedheretic

hatedheretic

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:21 am

i found the album disapointing, as this of the EP set, was to be the more NOLA sounding of them all. so I was expecting more Invest in Fear type of songs, as that was the best song from OTU hands down, and the closest to their roots.

Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:39 pm

@hatedheretic...i agree...i listened to it a few times and nothing stuck to me..and the video they got out is a joke...

as for the venue thing.....i personally think its just that venue...cause if it were anywhere else, you could stab ppl and be straight...both times it was macho dickless security assholes. (first time, i was looking for the bathroom, went through the wrong door and was almost backstage..got kicked out cause security wasnt doin their job obviously and guarding it. 2nd time i believe i was just being loud and rowdy and fell down a few times, annoyed some random people by having a good time...shit i guess youre not supposed to do at a show roll pompous twats....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Down IV Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down IV Part 1   Down IV Part 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down IV Part 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Unrelated Bands-
Jump to: