the music of Dax Riggs and more

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What was in your cassette tape collection?

Go down 
+5
douse
devils
The Loach
doomtroll
Pearls
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pearls
I believe in peace, bitch!
Pearls

What was in your cassette tape collection? Empty
PostSubject: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:22 pm

I found some of my old cassette tapes from the 80s and early 90s when I was a teenager lol .

Here's a couple photos of what I had and listened to:
What was in your cassette tape collection? Dscn4511

What was in your cassette tape collection? Dscn4512

What was in your cassette tape collection? Dscn4513

Tattoo Rodeo?? I don't even remember what they sound like at all lol . Trixter rofl .
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:19 pm

christ... I had so many cassettes over the years I couldn't begin to remember them all

bang
Back to top Go down
The Loach

The Loach

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:46 am

Bush, deconstructed
Jimmy Page, Outrider
Robert Cray, Bad Influence, strong persuader

i would list more but it seems my box of cassettes has gone missing.
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:25 pm

doomtroll wrote:
christ... I had so many cassettes over the years I couldn't begin to remember them all

bang

me too. i was extrememly late in buying a cd player. like about 20 years. lol2

and Dance Yankees pearls??? lmao
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:48 pm

devils wrote:

and Dance Yankees pearls??? lmao

That would be DAMN Yankees and shit yeah! I ♥️ Tommy Shaw. Still to this day, I am in love with his voice. See the Styx album? That is due to Tommy Shaw as well...I even have one of his solo albums in there (which isn't very good lol ). I'm not embarrassed! My first concert was Bad Company and Damn Yankees on a co-headliner tour. The dude I went with, to this day, still teases me about my crush on Tommy. I went again when they toured together for a second round. I had their posters plastered on my bedroom walls pearls . I've even seen Styx in concert so I could hear and see Tommy Shaw live.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:07 pm

pearls that first post made me smile. i had alot of the same tapes. i dont think there was any other band that got played as much as the first 4 metallicas did

maybe slave to the grind yes
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:22 pm

Yes, I have noticed you mention, over the years, bands from way back that I also used to listen to. I always think it is so weird because you are 5 years younger lol . But I got a late start with finding my way with music so that probably explains it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:17 pm

douse wrote:
i dont think there was any other band that got played as much as the first 4 metallicas did
metal me too man. metallica ruled rules.
also had a bunch of punk, ozzy, rust in peace, some nirvana, skynyrd, floyd, sepultura. i think all I have now is maybe the E.T. score, siouxsie and the banshees and some pixies.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:41 pm

i think i still got 2 carrying cases full at my parents house

remember these awesome things

What was in your cassette tape collection? 3of3pe3l25W55U65X0b9d18e97cd626d817ea

Last edited by douse on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:48 pm

thumbsup I also still have some carrying cases like that. I couldn't find them but I know they are filled with Testament from The Legacy thru the Low album, and almost the full catalogs of Queen and Styx lol .
Back to top Go down
The Tekro.mancer
aka Johnny Tek
The Tekro.mancer

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:57 pm

I'll have to do some searching to see what I can find and get some pics up.

Your pictures took me way back. I had a few of those; Savatage, Damn Yankees, the Pearl Jam ones, Dio, Tons o' Queen, Megadeth... damn.

I had just about everything Megadeth and Metallica did on tape. Wish I would have kept my tape of Jump In The Fire and Garage Days Re-Released. I believe I've still got a Necrophagia tape that I never saw online anywhere last time I looked to price it but that was a few years ago.

Yeah, I'll definitely be looking for my old tapes now. Thanks for the wave of nostalgia!
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:49 am

bang

I wonder if any members are saying...."Cassette tapes? What are those?" lol . I know some little kids that thought an LP vinyl record was a gigantic CD. Soon, kids won't even know what a cd is because those are being replaced with the digital downloads.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:52 am

I remember having Guns n Roses, Dr. Dre, Tesla, The Beatles, Skid row, Jodeci, R. Kelly's Bump n Grind....
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
quiet_doom
a fine mess
quiet_doom

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:42 pm

pearls - i had quite a few of the same tapes too! i had that exact same lisa loeb single & the same damn yankees album haha

i only had a small case here @ home..i used to keep them in my old car where i had a cassette player still lol a lot of them were dubbed tapes

What was in your cassette tape collection? 2011-110

What was in your cassette tape collection? 2011-111

i have a ton @ my parents house in my old closet..i have all the old guns n' roses on cassette, the sex pistols, the ramones, operation ivy, megadeath, metallica, the misfits, the monkees, the beatles, def leopard, nelson, firehouse, steelheart lol2, warrant..& for some reason, i have like 4 or 5 d.j jazzy jeff & the fresh prince albums pearls & of course, plenty of mixed tapes hahaha..i'm sure there are tons more i am forgetting.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:43 pm

blood sugar sex magik yes
Back to top Go down
Drake
W8ing4Brain2Xplode
Drake

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:47 pm

i jacked all my dad's cassettes as a kid. ones i jammed a lot were:
boston
jethro tull
38 special
journey
heart
loverboy
rush
bob seger

when i was 10, i started buying my own. amoung some of the first were:
metallica black
nirvana in utero
superunknown
ace of base doh
gin blossoms
spin doctors
souls asylum
wtksp
great melinko
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was in your cassette tape collection?   What was in your cassette tape collection? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was in your cassette tape collection?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Unrelated Bands-
Jump to: